It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blue's Pay Homage to Their Roots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great video. Not much else to say about this one. If you like the Blue Angels then you have to watch.

In 2009, the Horsemen Flight Team traded in their typical steeds of P-51 Mustangs for the round engines of the F8F Bearcat to honor the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sammamishman

That is, quite simply, bad ass.

Thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
OH ...I thought you meant CAV blues...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
FnA, thats how you treat a Vet!

SnF!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That would be cool to see at an airshow in addition to the Hornets, You hardly get the chance to see some of those old warbirds anymore. I`d have let the Vet have a turn at flying his old plane again, maybe after a refresher course or two.

There was an article not long ago about how the Blue Angels or ThunderBird jets getting worn out, couldn't imagine how they couldn't be. But I think it would be cool to dust off some old A-4s or F-4s and use those for a few years until they transition to new jets. Surely they would in the next 10-15 years to F-35s or that new trainer aircraft in development. Probably just scrub the teams and then we will see airshows a thing of the past with the other demo teams being disbanded.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

A-4's would be cool. Not too many F-4's left any more that haven't been used for target practice.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Amazing video Sammamish!!

So worth watching until the end.

That last shot of the vet sitting back in the cockpit of the bearcat. In his eyes you could see all the history and memories racing threw his mind again. I almost choked up a bit.

top topics

join