It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ignore this rant!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Please ignore this rant!

I just want to get this off my chest. I dont post often anymore...keeping up with all the negativity is much too taxing.

Please ignore this rant!!

Theres a 100% chance i wont review this post for grammar and punctuation. Theres a 95% chance i will hit 'post' and never reply to anyones reply. I just dont give a damn what any of you have to say.

Please ignore this rant!!!

Who the fvck cares about a confederate flag??!!?! Who cares if someone has a confederate bumper sticker? Who gives a hot damn if you see one in walmart? I see it on the frontpage of the paper on the stand; i see it as the top story on huffpost. So some disturbed, isolated, loner, nutcase racist does something so horrible that we must focus on a fvcking flag?!!!!!?? A gddmn gathering of threads?!!? Are people so lazy, braindead and offended to continually put so much effort into targeting inanimate objects? (Dont you fvcking answer that!)

Please continue to ignore this rant!!!!

This is why i try my hardest to ignore everything-news...MSM simply strings along complete morons with such ease, there MUST be something in the air to assist them. How is it possible, in the "most advance civilization history has known" the top story revolves around a confederate flag?

IGNORE THIS RANT!

Im not going to wish for an extinction level event to put us out of our misery. Im not gonna plead for level-headiness from a world absent of such a thing. Im going to simply try way fvcking harder to ignore every bit of news from every news outlet throughout the rest of my years!!!!!!

A freaking confederate flag?! Are you serious?! Really!!!?

Thank you for ignoring this meaningless rant!!! Because i will ignore your meaningless reply!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

fvcking flag?!!!!!?? A gddmn

Misspelled words are still the same words.

I could care less about the

A freaking confederate flag?

But my husband feels very strongly that it should be abolished, he feels it is a symbol of hate and a message of hate...
I like to hear other people's point of view...
Ok back to ignoring this rant!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Please ignore this response.

It's the latest knee jerk "reaction of the day".

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Just wanted to give props for a good title.

Yes, who cares!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A larger % of the world than you would imagine reckons the US stars and stripes is a symbol of oppression. Its not the flag, its the people who do stupid things, and no not all of them

But the confederate flag is a symbol and people will rally behind that symbol

Banning it won't change anything, just turn the flag into a martyr of sorts.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

It's the latest knee jerk "reaction of the day".

He is right..no one seems to know how to solve real problems like racism so they knee jerk react with crap like this so they can sleep better at night knowing they did "something". Even if that something is silly...it is a flag...made of cloth. In that case why do we allow the skull and crossbones flag...it supports pirates...and pirates are offensive too...to some people..the American flag could be Offensive to the Brits...lets get rid of that too.

On a side note I just made about a gallon of guacamole...it is delicious.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Where do we draw the line? You abolish a flag and then what's next?

Does a flag teach hate? You can say it's a symbolism for hatred but the same arguement can be made about many flags around the world. It all depends who you ask.

Abolish ignorance and then maybe we will talk about colorful banners.

Ignore me or I might start making sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
ignore this response

WHAT THE FCK IS A CONFEDARATE FLAG ?

lived in english speaking countries for 14 years now
I have never ever heard that term and have a masters degree in global business and international accounting (not to brag just saying the god honest truth)

it feels like the world couldn't care less
now I read what it is

sorry for being ignorant to the people with confederate flag bumper stickers

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Don't tell me what to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Bloods are red.

Crips are blue.

It's a political stunt.

Designed to fool you.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Does a flag teach hate? You can say it's a symbolism for hatred but the same arguement can be made about many flags around the world. It all depends who you ask.

Perhaps we should ask the guy that designed the flag, what it meant to him. Here's what he had to say about his design.

As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause… Such a flag…would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN'S FLAG... As a national emblem, it is significant of our higher cause, the cause of a superior race.

- William T Thompson

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

But my husband feels very strongly that it should be abolished, he feels it is a symbol of hate and a message of hate...
I like to hear other people's point of view...
Ok back to ignoring this rant!

Symbols mean different things to different people. Just because someone doesn't agree with a symbol doesn't mean others have a right to 'abolish' or ban it from being displayed. Frankly, the Confederate Flag means different things to different people and your husband (or anyone) doesn't have a right to define what it means to others.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here, sir.

*passes tissue box*

. . .

*gently pats*

There, there friend, everything is okay. Go back to sleep now.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The whole civil war had nothing to do with freeing the slaves, it had everything to do with freeing your country from corporate owned banking systems.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Perhaps we should ask the guy that designed the flag, what it meant to him. Here's what he had to say about his design.

As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause… Such a flag…would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN'S FLAG... As a national emblem, it is significant of our higher cause, the cause of a superior race.

- William T Thompson

Specifically in that quote Thompson was talking about the "The Stainless Banner" -1863–1865.

As I shared here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Blame these guys if that makes you mad. Dylann Roof has almost nothing to do with all this, he merely used the same symbols as white supremacists before him.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Symbols mean different things to different people. Just because someone doesn't agree with a symbol doesn't mean others have a right to 'abolish' or ban it from being displayed. Frankly, the Confederate Flag means different things to different people and your husband (or anyone) doesn't have a right to define what it means to others.

How asking that official building use the federal flag instead of the confederate one has anything to do with "abolishing" said flag.

Holy hyperbole batman!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I actually respect your opinion based on what I have read on the site. So I want to ask an honest question as somebody who has always supported the right of people to fly the rebel flag and somebody who still does support that right.

At this point does it really do anything but distract? To me it's become a distraction more than anything. I support the freedom of speech to fly a rebel flag, a nazi flag, a pride flag, or a Mexican flag. If you want to fly a flag you should be entitled to do so. Should we necessarily "support" the flying of that flag? I'm not sure we're at that point anymore.

I'll be willing to let an individual, a company, or an organization, make that part of their flag. I'm not sure a government should have that as a flag anymore. Would we, as a nation, allow a city or state to wave a nazi flag? I don't think we would. No matter if that flag might, to some, be a symbol of pride. There comes a time when we just have to accept what something has come to mean. Move on.

Make a confederate flag with a line through it as a rallying cry to those who want it. Maybe in 100 years that will be banned too. Who knows, but right now it's a distraction to anybody trying to deal with the real issue. Is that single flag really that important?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Looks like the US government just threw another rock at a hornets nest.

top topics

join