It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic field discovery gives clues to galaxy-formation processes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not getting much coverage in the Mainstream media, goes against the gravity only models I suppose. Probably won't get much response here either, smacks of electric universe ideas.

The surprising result showed a huge, helically-twisted loop coiled around the galaxy's main spiral arm. Such a feature, never before seen in a galaxy, is strong enough to affect the flow of gas around the spiral arm.
"Spiral arms can hardly be formed by gravitational forces alone," Beck said. "This new IC 342 image indicates that magnetic fields also play an important role in forming spiral arms."

public.nrao.edu...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

An interesting discovery, sure, but how exactly does it "smack of electric universe ideas"?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

An interesting discovery, sure, but how exactly does it "smack of electric universe ideas"?

They just latch on onto anything that says "electric" or "magnetic" or "surprising". Never mind that the findings are part of mainstream research (where electromagnetic interactions are being studied quite fully) and that you'd still need gravity to collapse matter into the dense and massive luminous bodies which we call stars. The EU proponents don't do any actual science themselves (barring a few lab experiments involving electric arcs, perhaps), they just trawl through other people's research and try to manipulate and weasel the "proof" for their model out of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Thanks GaryN
looks very interesting to me, like the primer fields theory some time back.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
F***this, universe is built on sound which creates a pattern for photons it forms the basis for a 3D spectrum. Like a computer program with the algorithm already programmed. The Double-slit experiment shows how the spectrum works and chladni plate.

Thank you and goodbye
edit on 23-6-2015 by Temudjin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nice find. Hopefully open up a new way of thinking for scientists.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

If you have an observation that clearly doesn't fit the prevailing model, what should you do?

1. Hide it.
2. Ignore it.
3. Design experiments.
3. Make up a catchy name, such as "dark ______" and try to keep a straight face when you present.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Electric universe idea is that every star is like a giant capacitor, storing charge and then releasing it periodically every few hours). Combined with the presence of the solar wind and plasma, this would allow electric current to travel across vast distances, even to other stars. Therefore, an entire galaxy is like a power grid redistributing energy across space.

The idea that there are magnetic fields curling around each arm would reinforce this idea, since a similar thing happens around electric cables (the direction of the magnetic field is perpendicular to the direction of electric current).

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Suppose a large black hole that is at the center of every galaxy would have multiple forces associated with it besides just gravity. Nothing shocking.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I'm well aware of the joke that is the electric universe "theory", and I don't see this supporting it at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Gravity is a fiction fabricated meant to subvert higher levels of science. But if you pay close attention to the new stream of "breakthroughs" that were previously poo-pooed, astoundingly the crux of their application revolve around magnetic field principles. Big surprise there......

The two posters debating frequency/resonance/plutonic solids (holographic) verses Electric Universe.....well, you're both right and you're both wrong. Material laws constitute BOTH. They are not mutually exclusive.

Another hat trick postulated by mainstream acedemia to divide the community.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
Gravity is a fiction fabricated meant to subvert higher levels of science.

If that's the case, then you better blow the whistle and go collect your Nobel Prize before somebody beats you to it....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Gravity is a fiction fabricated meant to subvert higher levels of science.

If that's the case, then you better blow the whistle and go collect your Nobel Prize before somebody beats you to it....

I don't need a Nobel smart ass. Don't make me humiliate you....You have already been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Find a softer target.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta
Nobody was being a smart ass, but thanks for the insult, jerk. If you have anything that would disprove or negate current gravitational theories, then you would absolutely win a Nobel for the discovery. So if you have such evidence, please, by all means, go ahead and humiliate me with it, though I'm not sure why such a thing would humiliate me.....
edit on 6/23/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Knock of the bickering and please stick to the topic! Debate is fine, insults are not.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The two posters debating frequency/resonance/plutonic solids (holographic) verses Electric Universe.....well, you're both right and you're both wrong. Material laws constitute BOTH. They are not mutually exclusive.

I can see that way, I can see why text for schools confuse the issue of what is electricity by anologies

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Never mind that the findings are part of mainstream research (where electromagnetic interactions are being studied quite fully) and that you'd still need gravity to collapse matter into the dense and massive luminous bodies which we call stars.

But what is gravity? Perhaps as they keep studying these electro-magnetic interactions, they will find that gravity is an electro-magnetic force, one we are as yet unable to understand? And the gravity collapse model does not work as far as I am concerned. If matter was pulled inwards, then it would heat up, eventually ionising, and you would have the Coulomb repulsive force pushing everything away from each other. I don't believe gravity could ever overcome the Coulomb repulsive force.

TinfoilTP

Suppose a large black hole that is at the center of every galaxy would have multiple forces associated with it besides just gravity. Nothing shocking.

Black Holes are just another theory, yet mainstream makes it sound like it is a done deal. There are alternative models that do work, and the ancients told of them, the Brei#: Hidden Light of Creation, for instance, but with a scientific rather than a mystical explanation. I'd explain my interpretation, if anyone was interested.

Edit: I see the auto-censor blocked the sh1t at the end of Brei. Funny.

edit on 24-6-2015 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2015 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
F***this, universe is built on sound which creates a pattern for photons it forms the basis for a 3D spectrum. Like a computer program with the algorithm already programmed. The Double-slit experiment shows how the spectrum works and chladni plate.

Thank you and goodbye

Sound has both jack and # to do with photons, boyo. And no, the double slit experiment doesn't say beans about the spectrum, and Chladni plates are one of those interesting but pointless bits of early scientific work.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
...and Chladni plates are one of those interesting but pointless bits of early scientific work.

Fun to play with, though. I built one a couple years ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
...and Chladni plates are one of those interesting but pointless bits of early scientific work.

Fun to play with, though. I built one a couple years ago.

True. And I guess if you were really obsessed with the burning urge to know just how a plate flexed under vibration, it could tell you something useful. Maybe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join