It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers REFUSED To Register More than 95-Percent Of “Assault Weapons”?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looks like many people aren't following the law in New York !!

New York made a "law" in 2013 that defined assault weapons and required registration.

But ....

EMPIRE STATE REBELLION: New Yorkers REFUSED To Register More than 95-Percent Of “Assault Weapons”

In a stunning repudiation of Governor Andrew Cuomo, his anti-gun Democrat allies, and the hastily-passed and clearly unconstitutional NY SAFE Act, New Yorkers refused to register an estimated one million firearms that the 2013 law arbitrarily determined were “assault weapons.”

Since New York’s SAFE Act gun control law went into effect in January 2013, a total of 23,847 people have applied to register their newly defined assault-style weapons with the State Police.

Those individuals have registered a total of 44,485 weapons.

The statistics, hidden from the public for more than a year by state officials, were given to Rochester-area lawyer Paloma Capanna on Monday in response to a lawsuit she filed on behalf of radio host Bill Robinson.

Folks, this is stunning, buy any measure.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No one is going to allow Government to register their firearms. Government needs to fix real problems and stop trying to criminalize the ownership of Constitutionally protected gun ownership. Owning a firearm does not make someone a criminal nor does it show criminal intent. People are saying 'no' to their fascist registration program.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If I was a New Yorker I wouldn't have registered mine either.

"You can pry it from my cold dead fingers" springs to mind
edit on 23-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good for them.

Quiet, and very effective, resistance to an overbearing, overreaching govt.

Were Washington St. to do this sort of thing, I wouldn't register mine either.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nobody in their right mind would register their firearms.

Registration has always led to confiscation.

Look at the UK and Australia as examples.

In order to confiscate well, there must be an inventory of what and where they are. First step is Registration to include tracking transfers. Then, voluntary turn in with cut-off dates, then confiscation and rewards for anyone turning in someone who is a hold out.
edit on 23-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just glance at my sig. Oh and FUAC . Pronounced foo-ack. I wish Ats would let me post pics of my t shirt collection.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's a completely pointless law anyway. Just like the stupid fired casings included with pistols which have NEVER helped to solve a crime.

More feel-good nonsense from the land of the derps... and people wonder why we are against "sensible gun laws." "Sensible" is just another term for "won't actually work but will create a hassle for anyone who abides by the law."
edit on 6/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Want to really have your mind blown? How's about this. The numbers are even smaller than what is being shown, most registrations were from law-enforcement types, fire arm instructors and competition shooters. People who would have a difficult time hiding their "assault rifles" from scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Texas chiming in....you guys are so smart....proud to know yas...

flagg
edit on 23-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Am sure many more will follow to suit with the same if this happens in other areas. As am sure many are not only concerned in general about confiscation, but they know the history of it actually happening even when people were promised that registering would not turn into confiscation.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Promises by government are invalid; to wit the Indian treaties, not to mention "If you like your Doctor,you can keep your Doctor and if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance"

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
local and state governments have already used registration data to confiscate legally owned firearms during periods of emergency such as Louisiana during the aftermath of Katrina. Louisiana is not unique in that disgrace either. It has been done of the east coast as well. Those who say registration resisters are being paranoid are liars or fools. Either way; they are completely wrong in their position on the matter, whether through malice or ignorance.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Registration leads to confiscation or taxation. No thanks on either!

When concealed carry was first introduced in Hellinois, they wanted us to register the firearm we were going to carry. When the very vast majority said they wouldn't get a permit, they wisely took that part out!

new topics

top topics

join