It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans sneak net neutrality attack into appropriations bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...

Included in the bill is a provision designed to stop implementation of the net neutrality rules until the issue has finished winding its way through the courts. It says that none of the funds in the bill can be used to "implement, administer, or enforce" the rules until three legal challenges are resolved.

How can the individual republicans not see how hypocritical the GOP endorsed republicans are?

Being anti net neutrality is being anti free market and anti republican.

The internet is not a commodity that you buy in bestbuy , its a market place and no republican should be OK with allowing corporations or gov't to pick the winners and the looser in the market.

Undoing net neutrality, allows the ISP to decide who are the winners by controlling your access to them. Its anti republican and anti American . Net neutrality principles are what made the internet a success and have been proven to work.

Since the internet is an economic market place how can a republican justify not having net neutrality?

Note I'm not talking about whether the reclassification was a good thing or not , I'm talking about the principles behind net neutrality. I don't see how a TRUE Republican that understands what the internet is and what net neutrality is could be against it.

edit on 48630America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 12:48:23 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They Haff theirrr ordezz.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They Haff theirrr ordezz.

I agree, they all do.

However thats the problem, the individual republicans are to busy blaming Obama and the other democrats for all the issue in this country and not looking at their own problems within their party.

Note: Not for second am I saying this is only a problem with the republican party as democrats do the exact same thing.

What amazes me is how political cheerleaders overlook the blatant deception tactics from their own party, and still fight for them to get elected as if they are going to help?

However, it is much easier to expose the republican hypocrisy because the lobbyist goals are for bigger gov't , more regulations, less state rights, and less individual rights which are all anti republican.
edit on 14630America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 13:14:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is sad that neither party seems to have the people's best interest in mind. Both sides are motivated by the same think, Money. They preach they are the party of the people, but once in, they seem to forget why they were elected in the first place. R or D, it doesn't matter, they are only motivated by one thing.
edit on 2pmTue, 23 Jun 2015 14:18:26 -0500p18269 by warpig69 because: fixed grammer

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

they seem to forget why they were elected int he first place

Sadly, the system is so rigged that by the time the GOP or the DNC sponsoers them they have already proven themselves to be a corporate team player. That is why we get no slips through the cracks. The pipes are to well reinforced.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I agree, the pipes are well lubricated.

new topics

top topics

join