It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Refusing To Talk About ’92 Clinton-Gore Confederate Campaign Button

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Dude, your photo speaks volumes, and that is all I need to know about your mindset.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Al Gore is a southerner. I believe Tennessee was part of the Confederacy.

That just goes to show you that the Confederate flag means different things to different people. Nobody would call Gore a racist...I don't think. That symbol simply meant "southern votes" to ole Al and Bill.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Why should she comment on it? It wasn't her campaign, it was her husbands campaign. They are separate people with independent thoughts, you know?

But the Clinton Foundation is a family collective.

And? What does a foundation created in 2001 have at all to do with a 1992 campaign button?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why should she comment on it? It wasn't her campaign, it was her husbands campaign. They are separate people with independent thoughts, you know?

But the Clinton Foundation is a family collective.

And? What does a foundation created in 2001 have at all to do with a 1992 campaign button?

As of today....

plenty.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh yeah, let's bring up something from 23 years ago and ask her if she remembers anything about the things in question....

I am not rooting for, advocating, nor anything else about HIllary or this topic but if I were to ask anyone of you about a t-shirt you wore to school 23 years ago, would you even remember what the hell I am talking about let alone be able to answer for it?

What a joke! (IMO of course)

Agreed. I'm no fan of Hillary but come on, a button from 23 years ago? Hell, if someone wanted me to explain the black Iron Maiden concert t-shirt I wore in an alcohol and drug-induced haze 23 years ago, it would be an epic fail.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So instead of guns this time around they are going after......Wait for it.......Flags. And the people fall for it hook line and sinker. Look at this story conservatives will use it to make a point but miss the bigger picture.

The cause we should be talking about is the right they have to do it.............OP should this flag be banned? If your answer is no you should ask yourself why push stories like this.......Bigger picture.
edit on 23-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I just wish I had a stack of them today, can you imagine how much these would be worth on Ebay now?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I do remember when Mitt Romney was running for president, his high school years were brought up front & stayed in the news for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The whole Confederate flag thing is such a non issue.

If we could wave a magic wand and make all the Confederate flags disappear today, it would have zero impact on racism in America.

The same would be true if made a Confederate flag appear in every home.

It's just a flag, people.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

We always have to blame something or someone whenever something bad happens. Whether it is the Muslims, the police, or a flag, something has to be the face of evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck

Dude, your photo speaks volumes, and that is all I need to know about your mindset.

Stereotype much? Geesh...

Your photo speaks volumes as well...Space in between the ears

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No crap! That is my point! Who in the heck could explain something they had on 23 years ago? I barely remember 23 years ago let alone be able to explain something I wore.....My other posts explain this, I feel this is just a futile way to draw attention to something that has no merit....It's a joke

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

So instead of guns this time around they are going after......Wait for it.......Flags. And the people fall for it hook line and sinker. Look at this story conservatives will use it to make a point but miss the bigger picture.

The cause we should be talking about is the right they have to do it.............OP should this flag be banned? If your answer is no you should ask yourself why push stories like this.......Bigger picture.

You are so spot on here. We should be looking at the Big Picture as it pertains to the RIGHT to ban a flag.

A few months ago, I paid a visit to the old neighborhood where my parents were young adults and beginning their family. When they lived there, it was a modest working class neighborhood, all white, clean, neat, and safe. Things changed. Today, there are Mexican flags everywhere, on the houses, on the stores, and even being sold IN the stores.

Some people think it should be against the law to fly the Mexican flag like that in America. It says their first loyalty is to Mexico, not this country. Maybe it is. But, I'm not for banning the display of it if that's what they choose to do in the area where they are living.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's a joke

It's a joke to some, but to others it's just the next faux outrage topic. There will be a new topic to rage at tomorrow, and more the day after. It's a never ending cycle of outrage because some people have nothing better to do than become outraged over nothing.

I have better things to worry about than what Hillary did 20 some years ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Good find.

No need to ask for another lie out of Hillary, just put it out there with links to verify so those that care can see what a bottom feeder she is, the rest can't read and only care about making history.

That's what this country needs, is another history making event... YAH RIGHT !!!!!!

edit on 23-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Some people think it should be against the law to fly the Mexican flag like that in America

Some people have a problem with allowing other people to be free. America is about freedom. We have to let people be free to do as they wish, so that we can be free and do what we wish.

The flag is just a symbol. Freedom goes well beyond symbology.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It’s unclear if the Clinton-Gore Confederate flag campaign button that has been prominent on social media was an official part of their 1992 presidential campaign.

just felt the need to quote the above ^

most people in this thread seem to have missed // ignored it

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OH NO! Here we go different strokes for different folks,

Let me ask you have you ever worn or considered wearing or are presently flying a confederate flag?

Go to jail, you are a danger to society and racist.

It wasn't the Psych drugs or the girl friend you wanted it was the FLAG, yup, burn it take down all evidence it ever existed, along with every statue in the south.

And while you are at it erase all evidence of the civil war in the history books,

fixed
edit on 023030p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

These pins are created by local outfits in each state to support candidates, not created by the campaign itself.

Clinton (her or her husband) are no more responsible for this local paraphernalia than McCain or Conservative candidates are for racist campaign bumper stickers.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
OH NO! Here we go different strokes for different folks,

Let me ask you have you ever worn or considered wearing or are presently flying a confederate flag?

Go to jail, you are a danger to society and racist.

What? You seem confused?

In the USA you can wave any banner you like from KKK to Islamic State..you can wear whatever you like. Flying those symbols above our government buildings is a different equation.

Deciding not to have government celebrate and endorse a given symbol, doesn't mean the people are forbidden to do the same.

Maybe reconcile your hyperbole with a little understanding of the constitution.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join