It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid Toyota offices after arresting US executive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Police raided Toyota Motor Corp.'s headquarters and its Tokyo and Nagoya offices on Tuesday in connection with the arrest of a senior American executive on suspicion of drug law violations.

Toyota spokesman Ryo Sakai said the company could not comment on the raids because the investigation is ongoing.

Julie Hamp, 55, Toyota's newly appointed head of public relations and its highest female executive ever, was arrested June 18 on suspicion of importing oxycodone, a narcotic pain killer, into Japan. The drug is tightly controlled in Japan.

Police say the drugs were in a parcel Hamp mailed to herself. Japanese media reports said the drugs were hidden in a package containing jewelry.

Toyota President Akio Toyoda said last Friday that he believes Hamp did not intend to break the law.

Source

Ouch....Toyota looks like they are the target of a major audit coming up. Highest female exec ever at Toyota arrested on drug charges with Oxycodone hidden in her jewelry. Nice. Wonder what kind of probe this is going to lead to.....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

She can change the address and mail them to me if she needs rid of the evidence....

Rule # 1, stay away from my effing percocet
Rule # 2, do you have any effing percocet?

Love me some Goon....

Anywho, this won't hurt Toyota....As long as they make a quality car/truck/suv, which they do very well....They will be just fine IMHO of course
edit on 6/23/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: Vasa Croe

She can change the address and mail them to me if she needs rid of the evidence....

Rule # 1, stay away from my effing percocet
Rule # 2, do you have any effing percocet?

Love me some Goon....

Anywho, this won't hurt Toyota....As long as they make a quality car/truck/suv, which they do very well....They will be just fine IMHO of course

Ha...I like how the report called her the "highest" ever....sounds about right.....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And here I thought it would be on suspicion of selling trucks to ISIS.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
And here I thought it would be on suspicion of selling trucks to ISIS.

Interesting conspiracy angle....maybe the police were just looking for an "in" to raid the offices and find the connections....now wouldn't THAT be a story?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder how many she got caught with, was it a personal script? it would be pretty crazy to pick up side work as a drug importer when your earning a high profile executives salary.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Interesting choice of words considering the medication involved....

Julie Hamp, 55, Toyota's newly appointed head of public relations and its highest female executive ever....
[emphasis added]

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I wonder how many she got caught with, was it a personal script? it would be pretty crazy to pick up side work as a drug importer when your earning a high profile executives salary.

Enough to be arrested and have your company raided.....doesn't sound like it was a personal script. Actually the story makes it sound like more of a tip off or set up of some sort. She apparently mailed it to herself hidden in jewelry.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

Julie Hamp, 55, Toyota's newly appointed head of public relations and its highest female executive ever....
[emphasis added]

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

[emphasis added]

HEHE.....Love it! She is getting ready to be stoned....by the media...

High as a kite and I think I just might eat some more pills....

See rules 1 & 2 above....Yeah buddy

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Saw this when I woke up this afternoon on the news.

I think she was a user, someone who maybe had a prescription, abused them, got addicted and needed higher doses. There are legal ways to get Oxy in Japan in you genuinely need it. She had no reason to "send" some to herself unless she was doing something shady.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I think she was a user, someone who maybe had a prescription, abused them, got addicted and needed higher doses. There are legal ways to get Oxy in Japan in you genuinely need it. She had no reason to "send" some to herself unless she was doing something shady.

LOL....she's a Toyota exec....this was likely the least shady thing she was doing.

I bet this bust was a rouse for the raid for some other reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

LOL....she's a Toyota exec....this was likely the least shady thing she was doing.

I bet this bust was a rouse for the raid for some other reason.
Oh I have no doubt. This was a pretense to really get the chance to dig into Toyota's dealings.

I'm more of a Nissan gal anyhow.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You ever hear about Rush Limbaugh uh..er.... I mean Rush's illegal alien so He didn't have to pay taxes so He could hoard more oxycontin maid?.. An opiate Jones nary discriminates..

Segue:

In 2001, when The Taliban was in-charge, Afghanistan produced 7% of the world's opium. They now produce 84%+ so it is "easier" to grow opium in a war zone OR somebody somewhere is doing a whole bunch or BigPHarma™ is making $$$ writing more opiate based scripts and/or those who divert it get to pay "Them" by being housed in one of their "private penal institutions"...

Maybe it is a big pot and a bit of each is mixed in?? Ours not to reason why...

namaste

top topics

join