It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spiritual truths are absolute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
spiritual truths are absolute and unalterable, they are the truth of existence.

a soul is held accountable for its actions as the individuals actions dictate how the individuals soul will exist.

why are many individuals trying to say there is no truth to existence and everything is down to the individuals belief pattern and that you can do as you like?.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You know, MoR...I think it's probably because most people don't like responsibilty. It's hard enough to make car payments, house payments, electricity bills, buying Christmas presents just because it's expected...all of that stuff just gets people down.

Now a soul...it doesn't send reminders in the mail, there's no payments the whole time we're walking around with it. It never complains much unless, of course, some nagging feeling of guilt comes over you. But that's usually because of not paying the rent or buying that birthday present for your wife of 11 years.

Let's face it...most people don't even really believe in a soul anyway. Having a soul would be such a heavy burden...always having to do the right thing, owning up to your mistakes, apologizing, asking forgiveness...man...it gets so tedious for most people, you know?

Anyway...I enjoyed seeing this post. Especially now, when all the good decent Christians are wondering what brought Aunt Mary to buy such an awful gift or seeing little Dave and Marty fighting over their new gameboy and screaming that the other was elbowing.

Tedious...It took me AGES to actually believe it myself.

Face it...I bet most folks just rather not think about their souls.

Anyway, I believe you might be a Christian...so merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope 2005 is a great year for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Before man, before the earth, before the beginning of time, the truth existed. It's the only thing that has never changed, its the only thing that has never needed to change.

The simple truth is you CAN do as you like. It's called free will and each and every one of us posess it. Now how you percieve the consequenes of your actions is another thing all together, but that still has no bearing on the truth.

Personally, I'm pro choice on EVERYTHING. If someone has the a$$ to pay for what they want to do then by all means they should give the world a show. It is after all their choice.

As for belief patterns and that individuals can do as they like, well, they can. Its not the path that makes one holy, they must make the path holy, regardless of the path they have chosen.

Its not about what you think everyone else should be doing, its about how you should be deciding to live your own life. Its not about what everyone else is doing wrong, its about what you are doing right.

You will forever find flaws when you base your life on other people, you will only find peace when you focus on your own soul and what it should be doing to make things right.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
hello masqua and a merry christmas, i am not a christian but i can appreciate much of the wise teachings of christianity.

yes i can also see how what you have said will be a problem for most, there seems to be a growing belief that everything is just down to a individuals belief's and that there are no spiritual truths or costs involved.

they have the belief that it is self will that is important, and thus are in the process of loosing there free will to its destructive opposite self will.

[edit on 25-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"The simple truth is you CAN do as you like. It's called free will and each and every one of us posess it. Now how you percieve the consequenes of your actions is another thing all together, but that still has no bearing on the truth."

"The simple truth is you CAN do as you like. It's called free will"

that is called self will not free will.

self will is the negative/evil opposite of free will.

the soul is like a fractal of light, and thus needs to be maintained to exist, this is why there are universal laws and karma there to help guide you within free will and to be safeguards for the soul.

souls were created by the original creator who used the rarefied energy of the god force, this is our individual existence, the exstreme opposite of this is nonexistence.

just as the souls were created we as individuals have the power to un-create ourselves, so this is why spiritual truths and safeguards exist.

self will is a path towards lowering your frequency and individual god force energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian either MoR, and excuse me for assuming you were.
My bad...lol
However, your vision of how you see the soul and the connection to the creator are similar to my own. I imagine we'd have lots to discuss on theology.
Have you ever heard of Tom Harpur?
Here's a link...this guy makes a lot of sense.

tomharpur.com...

let me know what you think of the link 'vision statement' on that page...
Also read what I've put into the forum under my board name.

masqua

[edit on 25-12-2004 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"vision statement"

"2. We are all an integral, interconnected part of the whole cosmos and our own inner world is a holograph of the cosmos within us.

3. One basic datum underlies every religion under the sun, the principle of Incarnation. The Word or Logos, God�s self-expression made manifest, has given the light of its divine spark to every mind/soul coming into the world. Christians call this the Christ or "Christ in us." Other faiths have different names or modes of expression for this same inner reality.

4. Every religion whose ethical core is summed up by the word "compassion" or "loving-kindness" to all other creatures without exception has a vision of the truth and is a valid "way" to Transcendence.

5. No one faith or religion�whatever its claims may be, alone has The Truth."

hi masqua, ill try and compare a bit of this to some of my beliefs.

in part 2. it says everything is connected, i would say things are connected to other things around them or a likened frequency, but not in the way that everything is connected together.

(frequency fluctuates depending on situation and mood responses etc, so one minute you can have positive flowing through then if you get angry you will line up to negatives etc).

so i would disagree and say everything is not connected together, for one thing a individuals soul is individual.

in part 3. i would say yes incarnation into a physical body is true, you can choose to reincarnate into a physical body from the spirit world(theres probably a waiting list etc), i.e. to put your soul into the physical spectrum, there are many reasons why individuals choose to reincarnate into a physical form.

it also says that gods light is put into everyone, this is likened to the truth being written into everyones heart.

in part 4. i think it makes a valid point about "compassion" or "loving-kindness".

in part 5. i would say religions try to find truth, and spiritual truths exist, as there is a system to existence, when he says "truth" i dont know what he is looking for or his aims, but there are answers to questions.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What truths are absolute? Why cant we detect a soul? If it exists it must exist in this physical world, where is it? What is it made of? If we cant detect it, is it safe to say that it most likely doesnt exist? Sorry, this is just the way my mind works. Free-will is also hard for me to understand, or how a person could be held fully accountable for their actions in some type of afterlife. I believe that genetics and the environment one grows up in dictate their actions, I dont see anything free about that. I cant understand how you came to believe that there are some type of absolute truths, its just non-sensical to me. How do you know they are true? Could you prove it? Or does it just make sense to you and feel good?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
What truths are absolute? Why cant we detect a soul? If it exists it must exist in this physical world, where is it? What is it made of? If we cant detect it, is it safe to say that it most likely doesnt exist? Sorry, this is just the way my mind works. Free-will is also hard for me to understand, or how a person could be held fully accountable for their actions in some type of afterlife. I believe that genetics and the environment one grows up in dictate their actions, I dont see anything free about that. I cant understand how you came to believe that there are some type of absolute truths, its just non-sensical to me. How do you know they are true? Could you prove it? Or does it just make sense to you and feel good?

your mind is working fine, your questioning can show that you dont fully believe the standard and often negative belief structures, and thus think other truths may exist besides the normal degraded belief structures.

a question for yourself alec eiffel, if your mind is asking questions about the soul could this dictate the existence of your soul?.

i would say in the physical world, that the soul is corked up inside the physical body, until physical death when you once again become free of matter.

your actions also effect you before the after life in your physical life as well.

there are many spiritual truths that are absolute, though many try to aviod them and the use of truth is a rare commodity, as you will have probably noticed, and thus truth seems to be hidden.

though truth exists, you ask "what truths are absolute?" i will respond, there are absolute spiritual truths.

this can be summed up also that we are held accountable for our actions and in that we effect our own soul and existence through our actions, we hold ourselves accountable.

"could i prove it?" its not always about proving but for individuals to also believe, as it is there own individual soul, these things can take time its not always a matter of something being 'proved'.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
alec eiffel,

"I believe that genetics and the environment one grows up in dictate their actions, I dont see anything free about that."

i doubt you really believe that fully, i would counter that and say it is also the way one responds from there soul in response to there environment and genetics, that dictate there actions.

its the way you act that is important.

a planet will be in a mess when the majority of its inhabitants are looking for ways to aviod there own responsibility's.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticOfRadiance
"vision statement"

"2. We are all an integral, interconnected part of the whole cosmos and our own inner world is a holograph of the cosmos within us.

hi masqua, ill try and compare a bit of this to some of my beliefs.

in part 2. it says everything is connected, i would say things are connected to other things around them or a likened frequency, but not in the way that everything is connected together.

(frequency fluctuates depending on situation and mood responses etc, so one minute you can have positive flowing through then if you get angry you will line up to negatives etc).

so i would disagree and say everything is not connected together, for one thing a individuals soul is individual.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

ill add some more to part 2, i would say we are all fractals of light, our individual fractals were created by the original creator.

the original creator used the light of the god force to create us.

so this part he says could be changed

>>>>"2. We are all an integral, interconnected part of the whole cosmos and our own inner world is a holograph of the cosmos within us.">>>>

our own inner world could be said to be a holograph/fractal of the original creator and our life since being created, and the creators world is most probably a holograph or fractal of the creators own probable emergence in the light of the godforce and time and subsequent life since.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

top topics

join