It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Parliament attacked, Single Afghan Soldier kills 6 Taliban...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

www.funker530.com...

Taliban militants conducted a deadly, but ultimately failed, raid on the Afghan parliament building on Monday while politicians were in the process of electing a new defense minister. The militants fired rockets at the compound and detonated a car bomb to breech the perimeter. Six Taliban gunmen attempted to storm parliament, but the Afghan National Army was ready for them, as they had received intelligence of the attack a couple days prior.ANA Sergeant Eisa Khan, 28, closed with and gunned down all six Taliban attackers, ending the intense battle.

GRAPHIC VIDEO BELOW

lol, the bomb goes of and the speaker doesn't even flintch. I am assuming even the speaker had prior knowledge of the attack. Either way great work and also maybe a sign that ANA is Maturing into a proper military force capable of combating Taliban...

The Soldier seems to be talking about how these terrorists were Pakistani agents, he also seem to describe how he killed them and how he will protect his country...
edit on 23-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I feel so sorry for the Afghans who want to have their country without Taliban and other interference.

What a brave man and all honours to him. I hope the publicity won't get some snide little freak try to kill him some time later.

When you look at pictures of that country and Kabul it once have parks and young girls in veils and frocks walking happily in the street - its so sad the change archaic beliefs can inflict on a people. When the Taliban were kicked out one of the first things people did there was to turn on their music, I can't imagine not even being able to listen to music.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

From my point of view I see the reaction in parliament and by security as a very good sign. They stood their ground and in doing so made the point that the Taliban aren't going to push them around. Still a long way to go however they should be proud of how they handled it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like at least some of them paid attention in class.

My understanding is the "buy in" from Afghanis has been significantly better than it ever was in Iraq, though the Iraqis kind of sorta started coming around. The Afghanis seemed to hit the ground running a little better, and this seems to point that it's paid off for them.

Good for him/them and job well done.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
from Official Facebook page of Ashraf Ghani, President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

I've invited our hero, Mr. Essa Khan to my office. I'm so proud of his resolve and heroism. Awarded him a new home.

damn pic not working ...check this link for Photos

www.facebook.com...

edit on 2362015 by SajeevJino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
im glad all that training wasn't lost on this man. someone give this man a goat!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I feel so sorry for the Afghans who want to have their country without Taliban and other interference.

What a brave man and all honours to him. I hope the publicity won't get some snide little freak try to kill him some time later.

When you look at pictures of that country and Kabul it once have parks and young girls in veils and frocks walking happily in the street - its so sad the change archaic beliefs can inflict on a people. When the Taliban were kicked out one of the first things people did there was to turn on their music, I can't imagine not even being able to listen to music.

Just think if the USA didn't arm, train and fund the religious nutters when a secular government took over in the 1970's.

top topics

join