It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 18 1815 Waterloo, 200 years ago..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe interesting for some to know. It has been 200 years this inportant and famous battle had been fought. I am not a historian but I can tell you that what happened that day between the armies of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington is still responsible for some of the things that happen today in this world. Being a conspiracy site there is one name which I must mention because it profitted handsomely from this event and able to influence a lot of (political) changes in our world....Rothschild

I have found an animation in which you can see how these two armies battled against eachother..

In case you want some more details there is this website...The Art Of Batlle. This site has animations of some other significant historical battles too.

Hope you like it..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

What does it mean to you in terms of modern events, if I may ask? Does it have modern relevance to you?

edit on 22-6-2015 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If it wasn't for Ney the entire battle would have been different. Blindly taking French cavalry straight into squared infantry without infantry support. Oh and Napoleon not fully destroying the Prussians

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

thats not an animation btw its a video game called Napoleon total war

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

thats not an animation btw its a video game called Napoleon total war

This game is used to tell the story...

Sorry, was in a kind of a hurry to find something. It can take a while but I will try to find a good animation of whaty really happened. The other site I mentioned in the OP has an animation but I am not very fond of it. Check it out if you want to know what really happenend.

edit on 23/6/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

The influence of the modern monarchies in Europe and there is of course the power of Rothschild.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I played alot of Napoleon Total war and honestly got me more interested in the history by playing it

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My parents visited the battle site and reported that you would think Napoleon had won.
Must have been geared towards the more local French tourists.

Significance; about a century of near-peace and prosperous growth within Europe, preparing the way for the grand twentieth-century reversal of alliances- Britain with France against Germany.

There used to be argument about whether Blucher's contribution was more important than Wellington's.
In fact the battle needed them both.
Wellington's task was to stand fast until Blucher arrrived.
Blucher's task was to arrive before Wellington was forced to give way.
If either had failed, the battle would have been lost.

top topics

join