It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are living in parallel universes, Gentlemen and Ladies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

How does the inflation theory fit into your thoughts on an infinite universe?

The more notes they print the higher prices get.

You know what I mean, silly-billy. The astrophysics theory of inflation (previously known as "The Big Bang"). How does that factor into your infinite universe theory? I'm curious to know.

Ha ha, yah, its called expansion. How do we know its expanding if we can't see the whole thing?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

My friend and I also do not remember the Aleutians in the same way they seem now. We remember there being a greater distance between AK/Aleutians and Russia. I will ask him when I get the chance of what he thinks about the other places you've mentioned. We are pretty much trying to base this off of Greenland is it was just well...simply never and no where ever near that size and that's something PRETTY hard to admit. I also asked another friend of mine how she remembered Greenland on the map and WITHOUT her looking at a map, she said it was roughly 4x the size of Iceland... coincidence? I don't know, I honestly don't think so. That's something that's pretty damn hard to forget.

a reply to: PageLC14

originally posted by: PageLC14
Are you and your friend in a different universe now than you were? Or did you just visit a different one and come back?

I'm originally from Universe A - it appears my friend is as well as he remembers both Aus being in a different place and Greenland, well yeah. Greenland just simply was never that large wherever we're from.

So if everything is different in this universe, whichever one it may be, wouldn't it be pointless to argue with ANYONE here who isn't you or doesn't realize there are other universes in existence because YOU are the visitor and WE are the natives who won't notice any differences??

Yes. It is entirely pointless. Hence I try and stay away from debating the fact as the point is moot..

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I've spoken to a lot of people from the Mandela Died in Prison universe. All of them seem to remember some moment where they should have died, but didn't.

I've heard this theory tossed around a lot. I used to have quite extreme deja vus, they seemed to have calmed down for the time being. I think my deja vus have/had something to do with this "traveling" of sorts.

a reply to: redtic

Human memory can be faulty however Greenland appearing as it does now on either/or map/globe is just ridiculously over sized to me and two of my friends, as well as at least a few posters in this thread. The fact that my friends and also many on this forum remember Australia being placed differently is just well... these land masses simply are NOT where they were. I instinctively, intuitively know this.

a reply to: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: dragonridr
That's not 2-4 times the size, but it's also a lot smaller than the flat image. I'm chalking this up to more a desire to escape recent failures than an outright faulty memory. I think the OP is lying to himself and doesn't realize it. He would have shown a spherical image if he was being honest.

Errr. Excuse me? I'm trying to escape "recent failures"? What does that even mean? It's not like I'm getting kicks and giggles out of this I'm generally interested and confused as to how this would happen and why it happened. If I was being honest I would of done what? Your post makes zero sense to me. I've stated throughout the entire thread Greenland is ridiculously over sized in both the map and globe, I've looked at Google Maps and Earth and a PHYSICAL sphere in real life and as previously stated - GREENLAND IS RIDICULOUSLY OVER SIZED.

a reply to: real_one

originally posted by: real_one

Do you have any tips on how any of us could attempt to do this as well or does it just happen uncontrollably? I would love to get the # out of this current reality and fine one that is much more hospitable, if such a place even exists.

I'm guessing that currently you can only access the three alternate universes, which are very similar to our own. It would be nice if you could land somewhere completely different.

Nope no tips really. I have no idea how it happens. And I can't travel backwards to my original universe, it seems I keep veering off further and further from the on I remember.

And yeah I think most of us would switch universes if we could - to a better one that it is!

edit on 23-6-2015 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

Already explained it's not as big as you think. Depends on thr map you use. As for mendela dying in prison. You bought into a lie the south African government was telling. By 2013 they were sneaking him out of prison for meeting to do this they would fake illnesses. Basically saying the tuberculosis he had decades earlier was back. They faked his illness to secretly get him out of prison. The media bought into it even tried interviewing his wife. A very big deal 2 as made of it as a cover story. Apparently you bought into it hook line and sinker. Suggest you try reading his book you may understand your confusion. Even on one occasion the press did announce he was dead when a prison official wad interviewed. But no he was fine they just were not let in on the ruse.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Sigh.

"Already explained"

Did you even read the entire thread? Clearly you have not. Let me explain something to you very, very clearly. The entire map and the entire sphere, the actual size of Greenland on either the map or the globe is absolutely and fundamentally larger. Australia was no where REMOTELY close to any other landmasses as it is now. None. No Papua New Guinea where I'm from. The country did not exist. Indonesia did, Papua New Guinea did not. Mandela was dead long before 2013. Long before my friend. And it was all over all of the media.

Here is the thread from 2010 and in this thread you should see that the Mandela effect is mentioned somewhere in the post. If it wasn't in that thread, it was in a different one from around the same time period.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's Mandela dead in 2010:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting thread! I believe in parallel multiverses but in the sense of only to the observer, and not that we are all in the same parallel multiverse together. I'm not going to go into it, but the basic concept/suggestion from quantum physics. Interesting OP, everyone of your examples, other than Nelson Mandela, it all has to do with maps. I think a lot has to do with a Global Warming cover up and possibly some Pro-US / Anti-Africa propaganda (not to do with Nelson Mandela, that might be do to faulty memory). Here are a few things to consider:

1. The US has always been too big on a map and Africa too small.

Source

2. Ice melt and ocean levels rising

Source

Source 2

Source 3

3. Pacific Islands may disappear due to rising sea levels

Source 1

Source 2

Look at Nasa's blue marble pic:

Now look at this map:

The top portion of South America is way bigger than 48 states. There is definitely something wrong with the maps out there, nothing to do with parallel multiverses. Why it's like that? I don't know. Maybe a cover up of Global Warming causing ocean levels to rise, but more specifically Pro-US propaganda, or both equally, I don't know.
edit on 23-6-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Thanks for trying mate, however you need to read the thread more thoroughly. Even on more acruately scaled renditions of earth Greenland is much larger and Australia is completely relocated. Papua New Guinea did not exist. Australia was isolated, not close to any other land masses besides New Zealand and New Zealand was not where it is currently located either

Let me know what you are not understanding about what I just said if you still are not understanding. Iceland was 3-4x the size of Iceland on both map and globe rendition where "I am from". Does this make sense to you? I am seeing a completely different globe and map than you are. This is not a misjudgement of size, this is a totally different map/world I and others are seeing. It is different.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here ya go.

Greenland this universe:

Greenland my universe:

Does this FINALLY make sense to the people who keep going over and over and over the map sizing? Greenland is MASSIVE compared to where I am from! Absolutely MASSIVE!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My alternate Universe

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

I'd like to add, New Guinea has always been there as far back as I remember. No change.
That's eh 30+ years....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The reason why is mercator maps. I explained this earlier. On a mercator map things along the equator are right. But do to the earth being a globe to maintain accuracy everything above and below the equator is distorted the closer you get to the poles. Greenland isn't near as big as these people think I suggest they buy a globe. Also In schools they use hemisphere maps alot this makes greenland look alot smaller. But Unfortunately Most people have no understanding of geography so they don't realize the diffrent projections make a huge diffrence. Including where the continent of Australia appears to be.

This whole earth changes thing is funny and here's why. In an alternate universe just greenland and ais trail a wouldn't be the only changes. The shape of the continents is based on 2 things. Plate tectonics and sea level. The entire map would be diffrent not just parts of it. Thus is tour biggest clue it's do to a lack of education. In an alternate universe the entire planet would have to look diffrent not just certain parts.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Greenland isn't near as big as these people think I suggest they buy a globe.

And I suggest you read my last post.

You are extraordinarily ignorant as I have pointed out numerous times on both MAP and GLOBE it is outrageously larger!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: b3l13v3

Greenland isn't near as big as these people think I suggest they buy a globe.

And I suggest you read my last post.

You are extraordinarily ignorant as I have pointed out numerous times on both MAP and GLOBE it is outrageously larger!

Saw your drawing your looking at a vector map yes greenland will look smaller. Thr tip gets cut off like you did.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Maybe this will help shed your blatant and complete ignorance of the point I'm trying to convey here. I have stated since page 1 of this thread that it is not just the damn map

Those are ALL of my replies. Since the infancy of this thread.

Please, halt your ignorance and provide at least a valid debate such as: faulty memory.

It is not a matter of being undereducated or misinterpreting maps at this point.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No.

I have looked at a physical 3 dimensional globe and the land mass of Greenland is extremely larger. On every god damn map, globe, sphere - physical or in Google Earth, the land mass is insanely larger.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

No.

I have looked at a physical 3 dimensional globe and the land mass of Greenland is extremely larger. On every god damn map, globe, sphere - physical or in Google Earth, the land mass is insanely larger.

Option two poor education and lack of caring about geography. Either way i explained only a couple of things wouldn't be diffrent the entire globe would have to be. If the US looks generally the same shape then it's a lack of understanding. In an alternate universe the entire globe would change or not at all.

As I explained two factors determine the shape of continents sea level and plate techtinics. It wouldn't only change greenland and Australia. The entire planet would be diffrent to the point you wouldn't recognize it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It is not a vector map. It is a virtual globe.

Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographical information program that was originally called EarthViewer 3D created by Keyhole, Inc, a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) funded company acquired by Google in 2004 (see In-Q-Tel).

Definition of GLOBE

A globe is a three-dimensional scale model of Earth (terrestrial globe or geographical globe) or other celestial body such as a planet or moon. While models can be made of objects with arbitrary or irregular shapes, the term globe is used only for models of objects that are approximately spherical. The word “globe” comes from the Latin word globus, meaning round mass or sphere. Some terrestrial globes include relief to show mountains and other features on the Earth’s surface.

A globe is the only representation of the earth that does not distort either the shape or the size of large features; flat maps are created using a map projection that inevitably introduces an increasing amount of distortion the larger the area that the map shows. A typical scale for a terrestrial globe is roughly 1:40 million. This corresponds to a globe with a circumference of one metre, since the circumference of the real Earth is almost exactly 40 million metres.[1][2]

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Doesn't dimensional travel have to be proven....beyond a doubt....before we argue about whether maps are different?

Telling me you've been in 3 different dimensions is NOT proof of their existence....no matter how much you believe it.

I don't believe you've been to 3 different dimensions....regardless of your Map memory skills.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

With an infinite number of possibilities and an infinite number of possible parallel universes the following quote:

As I explained two factors determine the shape of continents sea level and plate techtinics. It wouldn't only change greenland and Australia. The entire planet would be diffrent to the point you wouldn't recognize it.

Seems exceptionally close minded. Kind of like the Fermi Paradox means theres no such thing as alien life - or more simply, we just can't see them yet and/or they're not allowing us to see them en masse.

I will not lie, maybe for some reason my brain and many others have magically all coincided that land masses we're exceptionally different.

North America DOES look fundamentally different to me. So does Alaska, So do many other parts of the globe - HOWEVER, I am trying to stick to the things my gut tells me is absolutely WRONG. Because believe it or not, I am college educated, have had to do geography, history, etc. I find it hard to believe that I and many others are all experiencing this phenomena because of lack of care of geography, poor education or memory fault.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.psychologytoday.com...

I don't think that you lack a good education or a bad memory. I think you are delusional. Dimensional travelling map experts falls into the Grandiose Delusions category.
edit on 23-6-2015 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

With an infinite number of possibilities and an infinite number of possible parallel universes the following quote:

Seems exceptionally close minded. Kind of like the Fermi Paradox means theres no such thing as alien life - or more simply, we just can't see them yet and/or they're not allowing us to be seen en masse.

I will not lie, maybe for some reason my brain and many others have magically all coincided that land masses we're exceptionally different.

North America DOES look fundamentally different to me. So does Alaska, So do many other parts of the globe - HOWEVER, I am trying to stick to the things my gut tells me is absolutely WRONG. Because believe it or not, I am college educated, have had to do geography, history, etc. I find it hard to believe that I and many others are all experiencing this phenomena because of lack of care of geography, poor education or memory fault.

Often the simplest explination is the correct explination. In this case faulty memory and lack of understanding of the diffrent projections you were shown in geography fits.

But as I said if the entire globe changed easy test you wouldn't have recognized them in the first place. Even a sea level change makes a huge diffrence. Parts of the globe wouldn't change in an alternate reality it's not like they could have developed where only some things are wrong. If it's even close to what you remeber that alternate reality would have the same geography. I also explained earlier about the Nelson Mendela thing and thr false reports of his death. And his illness being faked to sneak him out of prison for meetings.

This happens all the time people will hear someone died and say I thought they were already dead. Or even worse when someone we thought was dead we find they are alive. This is thr nature of the information age great example when BB King recently died do you know how many times I heard people say I thought he was dead already.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join