It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Secret Recording Of Malcolm X Refusing To Sell Out:

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sorry I could not find a version without a commentator although his comments weren't bad, this vid touches on a little bit of everything for me, from cointelpro , to the possibility of FBI sanctioned murders and life during the civil rights era it even echoed the horrible church killing of a few days ago with church bombings and burning of the 60ts and 50ts ,but most of all it is about character rarely seen in any politician clergy or public figure of any sort today, listen as the FBI tried to buy him off during his sensor from the NOI.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He's one of my personal heroes (along w/Patrice Lumumba). Most people only hear the controversial stuff about him, but don't even know the real reason he was killed.

His new organizations were trying to link the American Civil Rights Movement to the independence movements going on in Africa & the rest of the world at the time. He had traveled to several of those countries and discussed tactics with their independence movements. Apparently he was also trying to create self-defense militias, similar to the kind that are prevalent in the US right now (similar to the original Black Panthers, as well). After all, if the majority wouldn't protect us, why couldn't we just protect ourselves? Of course, anyone who knows the history of the Cold War in Africa will know that this was a recipe for assassination.

I'm curious when this conversation in the OP took place. As in, was it before his famous trip to Mecca or after? Because he says he was poisoned when he was in Egypt on that same trip & nearly died from it.
edit on 22-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: had an extra word in a sentence, which made it sound awkward

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

He's one of my personal heroes (along w/Patrice Lumumba). Most people only hear the controversial stuff about him, but don't even know the real the reason he was killed.

His new organizations were trying to link the American Civil Rights Movement to the independence movements going on in Africa & the rest of the world at the time. He had traveled to several of those countries and discussed tactics with their independence movements. Apparently he was also trying to create self-defense militias, similar to the kind that are prevalent in the US right now (similar to the original Black Panthers, as well). After all, if the majority wouldn't protect us, why couldn't we just protect ourselves? Of course, anyone who knows the history of the Cold War in Africa will know that this was a recipe for assassination.

I'm curious when this conversation in the OP took place. As in, was it before his famous trip to Mecca or after? Because he says he was poisoned when he was in Egypt on that same trip & nearly died from it.

It was before he started travelling and being exposed to the wider world, he was also being inclusive after his travels the anti-white rhetoric had gone by then, he was on the verge of becoming a truly national leader instead a religious one echoing Elijah Muhammad. yes his travels was what ultimately killed him,as long as he kept to domestic issues he was somewhat tolerated the same with Dr King, up until he started to voice opinions about the Vietnam war and linked it to poverty in the U.S he was safer.
edit on 22-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Very true. I respect him mostly for who he became after he left the Nation of Islam. I still respect many of the things he said & did before he left (like his speech on self hatred in the black community). And I agree that minority communities should become self sufficient & stop asking others to help us. Then we can worry about national & international politics & the such.

But I could never hate an entire ethnic group. I don't even hate my "opponents" today, even though I'd love to smack some sense into some of them. That's why I've always kept a distance from the Nation of Islam as a whole. I respect anyone who wants to improve their community, but not if it comes at the expense of others.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Malcolm X would have also criticized The Christian Right and those who profess to be Christian but use Church Donations to buy luxury items like a private jet in the case of one televangelists

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I am sure he would have put those clowns on blast.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Reading his autobiography inspired my avatar. I still haven't finished it, because like all books I thoroughly enjoy, I know I'll be devastated when it's finished... So I'm savoring it. Thank you for sharing this.

top topics

join