It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Uncensored: WikiLeaks Exposes TPP & the $100,000 Bounty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Me too, all italics.
Started a few days ago with bold writing, I reported it.

Fyi from Angus's post down. Italics
edit on 23-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

In the UK we will be forced into the US model of "healthcare"(barf) by the TTIP which is the transatlantic version of the TPP.
Doctors have voted to exempt the NHS from the deal,but as we all know the government won't change thier view that the TTIP is just peachy.

Dr Gregor Venters, a GP from Edinburgh, said:
"TTIP seems set up to help big business.
"Private corporations could use the process to bully governments into dropping legislation to improve food standards, for example.
"It will have a deleterious effect on public health and make privatisation of the NHS not only possible but probable. The least we can expect is the exclusion of health and social care and public health policy from the process."
Dr Henry McKee, a GP from Belfast, was introduced to delegates as being against the motion - but told them it was because "it doesn't go far enough".
"Freedom of information requests of other countries which have entered into such agreements show exactly how damaging this treaty will be to both the social fabric and the health economy of this country," he said.
"If there is anything resembling an NHS by the time this treaty is negotiated it won't survive this treaty.
"The correct motion is to kill this treaty dead, not to tolerate it sneaking in and mugging us."

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

So they wish to lower the food safety standards in Europe to US levels,allowing an influx of unlabelled GMO's,growth hormone meat,banned (in the EU)cancer causing pesticides into our food supplies..
IT will according to doctors,destroy the UK national health service,and allow medicine prices/treatments to skyrocket.

Oh,and of course it will force widespread fracking on the EU,which no one wants due to the massive failure rate of wells,and the release of enormous amount of methane,benzine and many other toxic substances into the environment:

Such a clause would make it much harder for countries to ban or impose strong regulations on fracking for shale gas and other unconventional fossil fuels, for fear of having to pay millions in compensation.
This would be regardless of the evidence of the environmental harm caused by fracking, and of the opposition by local residents and other citizens.
More broadly, the ISDS clause would likely thwart governments’ efforts to address global warming and reduce dependency on fossil fuels, the report states.
“Giving companies more rights as part of the EU-US trade deal would undermine Europe’s growing resistance to fracking. Energy companies must not be given the power to challenge democratically agreed laws that safeguard the environment and citizen health. Put simply, this puts profits before people, democracy and the planet.

ttip2015.eu...

Whereas Mussolini described fascism as "the total merging of corporations and the state,"the TPP/TTIP pushes the balance of power soley into the hands of the corporations,which is actually a lot worse IMO.

What did our forfathers lay down their very lives for in WW2 ?
Pretty sure it was not to allow megacorporations to take over the world,and force governments to do their evil bidding.

Yet here we are.
This cannot be allowed to go ahead,or the vile dystopian future we see in so much fictional books and films is certain to become a reality.

Screw the TPP/TIPP and everyone who is trying to push it through.
More dangerous to civilisation than ISIS,and will kill far more than ISIS if it gets passed IMO.

TPP

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Were the Nazi's a corporation? Mmmmm, I think they were.

Good post.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Little off topic but am I the only one that actually reads it in a Jesse Ventura voice? Make for a great read indeed. Intense!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation
Little off topic but am I the only one that actually reads it in a Jesse Ventura voice? Make for a great read indeed. Intense!

Hollywood!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation

"I ain't got time to bleed."

"This place makes Cambodia look like Kansas."

From "Predator."
Quality film.

But glad to see Mr Ventura is looking at big real issues like the topic of this thread,if it is in fact him.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What this should do is once it is passed everyone one from respective states where the RHINO"S that voted for this should start recalls and impeachment proceedings to remove these traitors from office and send a message to the rest of the sleepers in our government what is coming when we find out who and what they are really loyal to.

It damn sure is not America and its people, all they want us for is to give them the money to do this to us.

If not then quite whining, go back to thinking "it can't happen to you" because it just did.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Be nice if he would respond to the threads he creates.

Sembra il nostro amico e un pupazzo!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Remember we are a former "slave owning nation" that fought "tooth and nail" to maintain the legal right to own slaves (also the USA turned indentured servants, whom by contract, were set to be released in 7 years, into indefinite slaves through legal loopholes as well).

So, I ask, can we REALLY expect responsible business leadership from a nation that was formed on these values?

Large scale opposition to public polices like the TPP in United States is nearly impossible because too many Americans have FULLY bought into an illusion. Sadly these folks are too far gone and there is no going back for them. The nation is filled with people whom are nothing more than mouthpieces and apologists for Robber Barron's, who's contemporary beliefs and actions are similar to the Italian Fascist of 1922-1943. People like this MUST be RECOGNIZED NOW and IDENTIFIED IMMEDIATELY, as a modern day Squadristi. To do any less puts those who oppose their kind in danger. These kinds of people cannot and should not be given the benefit of the doubt because they are VERY MUCH like those Dutch, whom "traded slaves", but claimed they also "did not own slaves".

Ask yourselves, would these Squadristi be any less harsh or judgmental in the reverse situation?

Those that disagree with the vocal "pro business majority", have few choices and escaping the nation before its too late is one of them. Large portions of the USA populace cannot and are unwilling to be swayed at this juncture because they prefer "having the legal option to form dynasties" based on inherited wealth, even though NONE of them will EVER acquire enough wealth to take advantage of such a legal situation. Adopting sustainable economics polices and business strategies is, quite simply, impossible for this culture and its entrenched business climate. This nation is nothing more than a 2nd world, fascist stronghold and the sooner people start admitting it to themselves, the faster changes can be made to better the situation or laying financial escape plans so as to emigrate to real 1st world nations.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Obama is our president and represents the people. His job is to inform us and we inform him. Isn't that the whole point of having a president in the first place? Obama will say he's not a dictator, but he sure acts like one and does things just like one. So lets call it what it is.

What a sham this government has become. Hidden trade agreements that aren't called treaties and treaties that are in hidden in secret. Spying on it's citizens, Corporate bribes and insider trading. A congress that doesn't read bills. If you want to see the future of the US capital just look at the ruins of Rome. It's only a matter of time. It doesn't matter who you vote for you get the same result. We would actually do better if we voted for a stuffed Bugs Bunny. At least the damage to the country would stop.
edit on 23-6-2015 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
They certainly can as long as you’re electing with this modern equipment that can be hacked into. If you have computerized voting machines, you run the risk of being hacked into and having an election that’s not honest.

I prefer the old-fashioned paper ballot where you mark the candidate of your choice. If someone is incapable of doing that then they shouldn’t be voting anyway. To me, some things don’t improve with technology and in the case with voting. I believe paper ballots and hand counting are the only way to go because then you can have legitimate re-counts if you need them.

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

How about this Jesse?

Given the framework of total internet control by the NSA is documented to varying extents, what would stop them from fixing the elections?

Means, motive, opportunity. Why wouldn't they control the elections? What could or would stop them?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
They certainly can as long as you’re electing with this modern equipment that can be hacked into. If you have computerized voting machines, you run the risk of being hacked into and having an election that’s not honest.

I prefer the old-fashioned paper ballot where you mark the candidate of your choice. If someone is incapable of doing that then they shouldn’t be voting anyway. To me, some things don’t improve with technology and in the case with voting. I believe paper ballots and hand counting are the only way to go because then you can have legitimate re-counts if you need them.

Hi Jesse, I'm a programmer, systems designer, web developer, and a few other things so making this type of system falls well within my skillset. There's actually a way to make hack proof computerized voting systems while having anonymous voting and individual accountability. In truth there's probably more than one but I've outlined such a system in a thread here before. Here's the thread but if you don't want to read something quite so long here's the jist of it, it's actually quite simple to implement:

1. When people go in to vote after validating that they can vote, give the person a random ID tag.
2. The voter scans the random tag into the computer and then records their vote.
3. All votes are made public alongside their random ID tag.
4. After the votes are tallied each precinct can be checked for total number of voters to ensure there was no ballot box stuffing. Each person can also check their ID tag online to ensure that the vote recorded for them matches how they intended to vote.
5. For a time after votes have been counted, each person can go to an election official if there's a discrepancy and make sure their vote is counted properly. All you need for this is the ID tag. No name ever has to be attached to the vote.
6. If too many discrepancies are noticed in a certain precinct the voting in that section can be deemed rigged and a do over can commence.
6. When all is done, destroy the tag.

This allows for the benefits of computerized voting, makes each vote publicly accountable, counts all votes in a very transparent way, and still preserves the idea of an anonymous vote.

Speaking as a programmer, such a system is actually quite simple to build and it can even be decentralized. A database of votes can be distributed via torrent using something like Access Runtime with all the popular queries and reports already built in so anyone can check it. For the more technically capable a raw version of the database could also be distributed, and if we wanted to we could even make it website accessible (though the governments website track record hasn't been great). The code itself doesn't even need to be written securely because the data can be independently verified so if a hack does occur it can be caught.

Cost wise such a system could be built inexpensively. On the high end it would take a team of 4 people who know what they're doing a month to build it, and then a small group another 2 weeks to test. Since such a system is also scalable that means it could be tested in small local elections or congressional votes before being rolled out to our big federal elections.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As I predicted TPP is well on its way to becoming law

And the furthering of the steep decline of the middle class and lower middle class is proceeding on schedule

This along with the Greek humiliation and the further austerity becoming a way of life in Europe indicates the elite will have no mercy on us.

Over here Obama is running the American operation of austerity through deception

He struts around claiming success of a 5 percent (fake) unemployment rate while at the same time desperately getting the TPP passed for the corporatists benefit.

That’s how it’s done folks in the US: conditioning through the corporate media side shows (like the buffoonery of Trump) deception (as if these jobs Obama is heralding are good jobs) and control (NSA style police state coming.)

And like NAZI Germany most don’t see it and those that do are too few

edit on 2-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I've been getting just the white screen for quite awhile now, haven't seen the last half dozen videos or more.

The vids work for me in firefox and Windows 8.1 but I did have to get the latest Adobe flash player.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Someone said the other day that the TPPA is essentially a US reaction to all the free trade agreements that Pacific nations are doing with China. China now has a lot more trading power in the Pacific than the USA.
For my country, New Zealanders are worried about what that means to PHARMAC...
-"New Zealand's Pharmaceutical Management Agency (PHARMAC) has been highly successful in facilitating affordable access to medicines through a combination of aggressive price negotiations, innovative procurement mechanisms, and careful evaluation of value for money. Recently the US government, through the establishment of a series of bilateral and plurilateral “free” trade agreements, has attempted to constrain the pharmaceutical access programs of other countries in order to promote the interests of the pharmaceutical industry. The Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) represents the latest example; through the TPPA the US is seeking to eliminate therapeutic reference pricing, introduce appeals processes for pharmaceutical companies to challenge formulary listing and pricing decisions, and introduce onerous disclosure and “transparency” provisions that facilitate industry involvement in decision-making around coverage and pricing of medicines (and medical devices)." The main fear is "...that the US agenda, if successfully prosecuted, would be likely to increase costs and reduce access to affordable medicines for New Zealanders."
I myself think, from the little we have heard, that our negotiators have treated PHARMAC like the jewel in the crown that it is and have probably guarded it well, as anything else will cause an enormous political backlash, and mean the Green Party was right, and truly, don't we all lose when the Green Party is proven right.

I think the USA has a terrible and expensive health system and they seem to want to ruin everybody else's so theirs doesn't look as bad in comparison, all the while their citizens look with lust in their hearts over the border to Canada's health system and its affordable drugs.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucas73

I think the USA has a terrible and expensive health system and they seem to want to ruin everybody else's so theirs doesn't look as bad in comparison, all the while their citizens look with lust in their hearts over the border to Canada's health system and its affordable drugs.

Noone I know in the US approves of Big Pharma and Big Insurance and in what they are doing, except for Wall Street Parasites that have seen their stocks go through the roof and Politicians, so we are being held by hostage by these Corporate Fascists.

The power needs to swing back away from the fascists to the average American.
The Corporate Fascists have been running propaganda campaigns where if you do not go along with their raping and support them infesting our government, you must be a Commie.

They would never make it without Big Government to cater to them.
Pharma and Insurance sit at the top of the lobby totem pole.

Top Lobbying Industries

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $3,036,664,697
Insurance $2,115,888,177

As an American Consumer, if I can purchase a product elsewhere cheaper such as the generic version, then I should be able to do, anything is protectionist garbage, not Free Trade, with the government as the Big Stick.
edit on 5-7-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
Noone I know in the US approves of Big Pharma and Big Insurance and in what they are doing, except for Wall Street Parasites that have seen their stocks go through the roof and Politicians, so we are being held by hostage by these Corporate Fascists.

As an American Consumer, if I can purchase a product elsewhere cheaper such as the generic version, then I should be able to do, anything is protectionist garbage, not Free Trade, with the government as the Big Stick.

I approve of what they're doing. Let me ask you this, if you spend 1 cent per pill on a generic from a third party how does a drug company afford the average 5 billion it costs to get a drug to market? Such a system only works if all of the R&D is government sponsored and then you're paying the drug research costs in taxes anyways.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
TPP means nothing if you have a garden, solar panels, access to water and a great community of people by your side. But, on the other hand we cant all just leave cities, or can we?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebuckets
TPP means nothing if you have a garden, solar panels, access to water and a great community of people by your side. But, on the other hand we cant all just leave cities, or can we?

NOPE, local building codes and enforcement officials will force you to get on the grid, get permits to build and pay taxes. There are PLENTY of posts on ATS showing that even rural communities are having to deal with this kid of stuff for the first time in 20 years.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
For the uninitiated, the U.S. presents: The TPP:

● Inability of a member state to change stipulations or withdraw from the agreement without all signatories' mandate -- something very difficult to achieve once the contract is signed

● The facilitation of multinational corporations to sue governments, thereby likely influencing political policy to suit their bent (NB: Even if a win is guaranteed, a corporate court case cost upwards of $10 million - see: Philp Morris vs. cigarette plain packaging - dissuading cash-strapped gov'ts from engaging in legal battles they should otherwise, in their character as the representative of a nation, fight for its people)

● Institution of SOPA-like Internet regulation across participating member states

● Free trade agreements leading to job losses through manufacturing off-shoring and foreign worker influx

● Said FTA's lessen "red tape" and regulation, allowing cheap garbage to flood member states (e.g., contaminated food produce; highly flammable building materials; moisture contaminated refrigerant gases)

● Government effectively lying to its constituency / employers through secrecy and signing them on to contracts they would never approve of by mandate...

Of what we know so far.

Seems to me that the US is being run by the multinational corporations, and being taxed without representation.
I'm sure the British East India Company would have loved a deal like this.
Once upon a time the US would not have taken this deal. 239 years to come back to square one.

<< 1    3 >>

join