It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Plane. Since When Do They Hover?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i knew that, i don't know why i put c down. i live just down the road from Eglin should have known better.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I've done it before. Brain hand disconnect.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

It wasn't a jet. It looked like a regular commercial plane to me, I couldn't hear any noise from it either. I know the color of the plane was white and writing at the bottom was red, that's all I could see.

it didn't happen to look like this did it.

this is the Bell HV-911, the U.S is not using them currently but bell is trying to sell them to other governments.
Bell Eagle Eye (Model 918) Unmanned Aerial Tiltrotor Helicopter
edit on 22-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nodukkha
Quick search turns up this one:

Silent Hovering Planes in PA

Pretty interesting. Seems that seeing airplanes hovering silently at close range is not all that uncommon.

The third reply in that thread links to yet another ATS thread on the same subject.
I didn't click on it.... there may be even more.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Just google Vertical Take off Jet and pick one that looks closest?

Headwind approach sometimes looks like a hover at distance.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The USCG was going to get them. Not sure where that stands.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Most likey, it's a Harrier jump jet....google that for a pic and info.....

My question is...why ate they there?! They're only for combat ad gar ad I know, but not saying tjey couldn't be used for something else....

Very odd ~!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

according to the article which i linked the wrong page for, they put the funds on hold.

last paragraph on first page.

The interesting Bell Helicopter Eagle Eye tilt-rotor UAV has, to this point, failed to generate much market interest as of yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Boeing has a huge military facility in Seattle. They're doing NATO AWACS upgrades, building the P-8, and Wedgetail there, as well as the Boeing museum. There's also at least one privately owned Harrier flying in the US, and the owner was looking for more.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That figures. Why give them the perfect capability when you can buy ships that can't pass inspection and trials.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

He says…

I would say that the plane was maybe 2500 feet up and I noticed some writing on the bottom, this isn't exact but it said something like "Conor" or "Conord" not sure, but I do know that it started with a C in red letters.

And…

It wasn't a jet. It looked like a regular commercial plane to me, I couldn't hear any noise from it either.

If it was close enough to read writing on the underside, I doubt it was vtol jet. They are loud, the most distinctive feature abut them when that close and hovering.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You asked for examples of aircraft that can hover.

I answered your question.

I don't recall saying that's what he saw. Just that it's possible for them to be there with Boeing being so close.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
actually that's an area with a history....huge et history....the hospital even....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm going to make a wild guess and suggest it might have been a Boeing Phantom Swift.

See:
Pantom Swift Video

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I'm going to make a wild guess and suggest it might have been a Boeing Phantom Swift.

See:
Pantom Swift Video

Taken from terminator 3.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

More like the other way around.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I used to take Redondo Southbound down around the beach a few times a week around 10:30PM.
Once coming up the hill on the south end, a helicopter appeared just above the treetops. I could see the pilot it was that low. It was noisy though.

One other time (same route) there were two lighted objects hovering over the water and another over east hill of Kent.
The one miles to the east shot from east Kent to over the water at Redondo in about 1.5 seconds. It stopped and hovered with the other two in a triangle formation.

On subject. 18th April, I awoke about 3AM and went outside to have a smoke. I saw this "plane" with flashing red, blue and green lights about center of fuselage under belly area swirling in a spinning motion. I was literally above me and only about 100 yards from being directly over me. Instead of two bright front lights, it had three lights in triangular formation, unlike any plane I had seen. It was silent.
This was by Tiger Mountain.
I ran in, grabbed my video camera and did manage to get it on film for a few seconds, but the glowing multicolored spinning lights on the belly were not captured.
18 April 2015 Silent Plane

edit on 23-6-2015 by imd12c4funn because: date

edit on 23-6-2015 by imd12c4funn because: add link

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

That's the standard light pattern for the lights. As for the noise, I've been sitting on the taxiway waiting for F-16s, and heard them a quarter mile away, at taxi power, then had several F-16s fly overhead and barely heard them until they kicked power up.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That true?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Very interesting indeed. I'm just a few miles from where that was filmed.
To touch on what Zaph said as well, sound can do weird things according to the environment. Wind speed, humidity, ambient air temperature and objects around you can all make sound seam like it disappear, is louder than it should be or come from a completely different direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join