It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

level 2 radiation storm and strong CME alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just letting you know. A fast CME incoming at midnight UTC. G3-class geomagnetic storm is in progress on June 22nd after a series of CMEs hit Earth's magnetic field. Sunspot AR2371 with 'beta-gamma-delta' magnetic field compexity that harbors energy at approximately 20% chance for X-class solar flares.

spaceweather.com

edit on 22/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: unmixclouded

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

your link takes you to wrong website Mix cloud
edit on 22-6-2015 by DEANORULES24 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ya see! Thats why we ats folks wear tinfoil hats!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

your link takes you to wrog website

Well spotted!
It goes to mixcloud.com/soulection not spacweather.com

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
oops. fixed.
btw. the mass arrives in just two days after a flare so it's a fast one and after our magnetosphere got a couple of preshock punches I expect a G5-class geomagnetic storm even if it was not that big. It's G4 already. People will go mad anyway as usually. Energy is coming. It was a bit lazy lately with just those pesky negative polarity coronal holes.
edit on 22/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The way that event is described, it sounds like something that would require that you stock up on food and water and seek shelter at least 1000 meters underground. But I guess in reality, at most there will just be pretty lights in the sky.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The way that event is described, it sounds like something that would require that you stock up on food and water and seek shelter at least 1000 meters underground. But I guess in reality, at most there will just be pretty lights in the sky.

Something like that. Anyway I'll be on the lookout for auroras, meanwhile big geomagnetic storms had been predicted for the current solar cycle 24 since 2008, after observations made in 2007. The reasons explained here,

science.nasa.gov...

A snippet,
"Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.
"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."
The magnetosphere is a bubble of magnetism that surrounds Earth and protects us from solar wind. Exploring the bubble is a key goal of the THEMIS mission, launched in February 2007. The big discovery came on June 3, 2007"

Edit, I forgot the movie,

edit on 22-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Of course. Everyone here knows what an X-Class flare is and relax. Just ignore my enthusiasm and enjoy the sources which are calm as ever.
The reason I actually post the update are the connections I like to share and talk about right here from time to time.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
looks like people in Chicago will get a show tonight, but us out in California, fa-ged-da-bowd-it....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

All we get are higher gas prices, property taxes, and 2 minute showers.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

According to the aurora forecast it is kp7. The aurora institute site says Portland, Lincoln neb. And NYC could see it overhead. Additionally as far south as Reno could see it on the horizon.

I'm in SW Washington and I'm going to check it out in about an hour. That's when it should be dark.

aurora institute

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hope some of us will get to see beautuful lights.

Some info:

SWPC Space Weather Alerts Issued in the last 24 hours
Space Weather Message Code
ALTK05 Serial Number: 791 Issue Time: 2015 Jun 23 0647 UTC ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 5 Threshold Reached: 2015 Jun 23 0647 UTC Synoptic Period: 0600-0900 UTC Active Warning: Yes NOAA Scale: G1 - Minor Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 60 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude. Induced Currents - Weak power grid fluctuations can occur. Spacecraft - Minor impact on satellite operations possible. Aurora - Aurora may be visible at high latitudes, i.e., northern tier of the U.S. such as northern Michigan and Maine.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Kp index 8. Wow. It's like the systems over Europe have reacted on the solar wind and made the Earth-winds stronger.
I like the "Earthspot" theory. The next shock wave will come on thursday morning
Here's the update if you haven't checked it yet.

I know there are always strong lows and winds somewhere in the world but I could swear the wind here in Europe reacts on the solar wind precisely

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The fifth shockwave from the M7.9 is on the way. It's the largest flare yet from this Sunspot but a slower one. The proton density will be higher for sure. It will impact tomorrow.
I think I've seen far worse and I don't remember the satellite internal charging and radiation storm stopping the air traffic with Kp9 and magnetometer off the scale. Interresting.
The Earth's magnetosphere has to be pretty weak or such a combo is worse than a single X-class

edit on 26/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 26/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (must be filled out):

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hmm, it's been here pretty quickly. Fast but actually not dense at all. The density is increasing as the speed goes down. No proton surge or electron dropping and the shield is doing just fine.

Situation is over. It was a nice show. Thank you for your attention and contributions

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I too have been watching. It has been exciting and kinda scary..

The more I learn about our world and our surrounding space. I am so intrieged.

It is, what it is. I am just enjoying it. As I said, the more I learn, the more I am just enjoying the ride.

edit on 27-6-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

top topics

join