It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top CEOs Make 300 Times More than Typical Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Top CEOs’ pay increased 1000% over the last four decades. Average worker pay increased 11%.

investmentwatchblog.com...

SOURCE: www.epi.org...

The CEO-to-worker compensation ratio, 20-to-1 in 1965,
peaked at 376-to-1 in 2000 and was 303-to-1 in 2014, far
higher than in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, or 1990s.

"Forty-four percent of the growth of the top 0.1 percent’s income share and 36 percent of the top 1 percent’s income share accrued to households headed by a nonfinance executive; another 23 percent for each group accrued to financial-sector households. Together, finance workers and nonfinance executives accounted for 58 percent of the expansion of income for the top 1 percent of households and 67 percent of the income growth of the top 0.1 percent."

So it isn't just the finance executives.

edit on 22-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Consumerism at it's finest. Keep buying buying buying and borrowing borrowing and borrowing.

Thank god all the workers stopped banding together and supporting one another. We need a new wave of unions, ones that actually work and arent just corrupt money grubbing miniature governments.

People have the power, whether it's through refusal to labor for their masters profits or to put their money back into the ponzi scheme.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wish more company's would use the model that Alvarado Street Bakery in San Francisco uses. Each worker owns an equal share of the company and has a vote and everybody gets paid 65,000-75,000 a year. This is how it should be done IMO.

en.wikipedia.org... Check em' out.
edit on 22-6-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I wish more company's would use the model that Alvarado Street Bakery in San Francisco uses. Each worker owns an equal share of the company and has a vote and everybody gets paid 65,000-75,000 a year. This is how it should be done IMO.
en.wikipedia.org... Check em' out.

I mentioned profit sharing, ESOP and Co-ops in another thread and got TONS of backlash, here on ATS. Americans are simply not ready for these kinds of ideas and it appears they NEVER will be. Some owners are trying, but there are not enough of them to make any difference.

"In the letter I sent to the employees, I reminded them that my goal in business is to create wealth and share it," Huizenga told MLive. "And we all worked together at J.R. Automation and Dane Systems had amazing success. It was the right thing to share with everybody.”

The total amount given to the company's 370 employees surpassed $3 million, a company official said. Katherine Gehl handed out the bonuses as she met with workers to discuss the March 27 sale of the company to Wind Point Partners, a Chicago private equity firm

Remember we are a former "slave owning nation" that fought "tooth and nail" to maintain the legal right to own slaves (also the USA turned indentured servants, whom by contract, were set to be released in 7 years, into indefinite slaves through legal loopholes as well).

So, I ask, can we REALLY expect responsible business leadership from a nation that was formed on these values?

The executives and board members of ESOP and Co-op companies make no less than any other C-level leader running similar sized companies. However, MANY AMERICANS firmly believe that the USA should stay on the current path of traditional business practices, which is ludicrous and downright crazy when you think about it. Current leaders CAN make their employees junior shareholders, allowing them to buy small pieces of the company one paycheck at a time and SMART leaders can get bought out by their employees using the ESOP or Co-op, as a LONG TERM buy-out strategy. NOBODY LOSES MONEY in these kinds of companies simply because the employees own a share of a company, get to see administrative polices in a transparent manner and have a chance to vote and have their voice heard.

Conceptual Guide to Employee Ownership

100: America's Largest Majority Employee-Owned Companies

Employees should be given a chance to BUY the firms they work for, when the owners want to move on. But, like I said, many AVERAGE Americans do not support this kind of idea because they prefer "having the legal option to form dynasties" based on inherited wealth, even though NONE of them will EVER acquire enough wealth to take advantage of such a legal situation.

Wright Tree Service was founded in 1933 by John Wright's father. After staying in the family for nearly 70 years, the younger Wright decided it was time for a transition plan. In 2002, he sold 100% of the company to employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).

Many accounting firms, law firms, construction, architecture and engineering companies give their employees a chance to buy-in to the firm and I see ESOP style business structures as a REAL working solution to our countries employment problems.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, this company is structured in a way that allows employees to buy-in as shareholders:

Terracon has been named #53 on the Employee Ownership 100, the list of the top 100 largest majority employee-owned companies in the country.

Again, I will restate, this cannot happen in the United States on a large scale because too many Americans have FULLY bought into an illusion. Sadly these folks are too far gone and there is no going back for them. MAKE NO MISTAKE, they have the SAME kind mindset, as the folks whom anonymously turned Ann Frank and her family in to the Gestapo. Here are some excerpts from the article (I see MANY behaviors described in the article that parallel, what I believe is, the typical American mindset):

Who really turned Anne Frank over, Anton Ahlers needed the money and he needed the authorities' protection because his own business had gone bankrupt. I think he is the one who gave away the Franks' whereabouts to the caller although I don't think he physically made the call himself."

Ahlers had discovered, says Lee, that Otto's herb and food preservative business had supplied the Wehrmacht throughout the war and that, she suggests, would have been enough to see Otto branded a collaborator. Ahlers himself was jailed for collaboration after the war and bizarrely Otto wrote letters to the authorities pleading for his release.

The nation is filled with people whom are nothing more than mouthpieces and apologists for Robber Barron's, who's contemporary beliefs and actions are similar to the Italian Fascist of 1922-1943. People like this MUST be RECOGNIZED NOW and IDENTIFIED IMMEDIATELY, as a modern day Squadristi. To do any less puts those who oppose their kind in danger. These kinds of people cannot and should not be given the benefit of the doubt because they are VERY MUCH like those Dutch, whom "traded slaves", but claimed they also "did not own slaves".

Ask yourselves, would these Squadristi be any less harsh or judgmental in the reverse situation?

Those that disagree with the vocal "pro business majority", have few choices and escaping the nation before its too late is one of them. Large portions of the USA populace cannot and are unwilling to be swayed at this juncture. Adopting sustainable economics polices and business strategies is, quite simply, impossible for this culture and its entrenched business climate. This nation is nothing more than a 2nd world, fascist stronghold and the sooner people start admitting it to themselves, the faster changes can be made to better the situation or laying financial escape plans so as to emigrate to real 1st world nations.
edit on 22-6-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

But they deserve it for sending jobs overseas, lowering costs and increasing shareholder profits.

CEO's/upper management where I work are rewarded for keeping costs low (namely employee salaries).

edit on 22-6-2015 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So?

Top Actors make 300x's more than the production assistant. Top athletes make more than 300 times the hot dog vendor.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So?

Top Actors make 300x's more than the production assistant. Top athletes make more than 300 times the hot dog vendor.

These types of examples only apply in America, which is not a true 1st world nation. The United States is nothing more than a 2nd world, fascist stronghold, run on Neo-feudalistic principles.

Parag Khanna, PhD in international relations at the London School of Economics, Senior Research Fellow at the New America Foundation, points out that within the same country there can be a coexistence of first and second, second and third or first and third world characteristics. A country's major metropolitan areas may exhibit first-world characteristics while its rural areas exhibit third-world characteristics, for example.

That sure sounds like the USA to me!
edit on 22-6-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join