It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police calling for knife ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I love your threads SM you always try to instill some form of humor in them .

On the subjects of bans. Personally I wish they would ban the word ban.

But then they would just reverse it and have the same meaning......knife nab - gun nab - scissor nab.

Its a lose lose situation......ban nab

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I love your threads SM you always try to instill some form of humor in them .

On the subjects of bans. Personally I wish they would ban the word ban.

For some reason I can't be completely serious about a lot of things. There's always something to laugh at.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What we need is mandatory pillow armor. The slogan for the campaign will be "No more Boo Boos!"

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Next up...Fork ban! It still won't stop the criminals though.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

The greatest killer of all time would not exist if not for knives right....jack the ripper ring a bell?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I thought it was several hundred but checked the news and it turned out to be over 40,000.

There's no knife ban, never was, never will be. Police went round schools telling kids the danger of carrying a knife as the ones who do carry them genuinely are so stupid that they were stabbing themselves falling off bikes, and pulling them out on people much bigger than them and holding the knives incorrectly so were getting stabbed with their own weapons.

safe.met.police.uk...

People still eat steak as knives aren't banned. You're just not meant to run around waving a samurai sword in a crowd of people - as common sense dictates. One guy even surrendered a rocket launcher in the amnesty - some people around here are just plain stupid or wierd and I'm not going to pretend I have any idea why they do these things.

'A rocket launcher capable of penetrating 60cm of reinforced concrete has been handed in as part of the police knife amnesty.'
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Don't forget the spoons they will just sharpen those down to points and file the edges to make them cut, personally my teeth have always worked well for cutting, holy crap lets ban teeth too!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The funny thing is....With the right skills, anything can effectively be used as a weapon. They can't ban everything that could possibly be dangerous! This is the problem with society, let's just take it away instead of educating people of the dangers. Oh well...government employees need something to do.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I thought it was several hundred but checked the news and it turned out to be over 40,000.

There's no knife ban, never was, never will be. Police went round schools telling kids the danger of carrying a knife as the ones who do carry them genuinely are so stupid that they were stabbing themselves falling off bikes, and pulling them out on people much bigger than them and holding the knives incorrectly so were getting stabbed with their own weapons.

safe.met.police.uk...

People still eat steak as knives aren't banned. You're just not meant to run around waving a samurai sword in a crowd of people - as common sense dictates. One guy even surrendered a rocket launcher in the amnesty - some people around here are just plain stupid or wierd and I'm not going to pretend I have any idea why they do these things.

'A rocket launcher capable of penetrating 60cm of reinforced concrete has been handed in as part of the police knife amnesty.'
www.theguardian.com...

Ok.....enjoy this when it happens....

Source

Pauline Clare, the Chief Constable of Lancashire Police, said yesterday that she would support new legislation to outlaw the sale of knives to people without a "legitimate" reason for wanting them. She said sales could be covered by a system of licensing similar to that for firearms.

Sir Paul Condon, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, told the Commons Select Committee on Home Affairs last week that he would support new restrictions on the sale and advertisement of blades. He also warned of a growing knife culture among teenage gangs.

Jack Straw, Labour's home affairs spokesman, yesterday proposed new controls on knives, including a ban on their sale to people under 16 and statutory powers to control the advertising of mail-order sales and the display of military-style blades.

He is also pressing for warning labels to be attached to legitimately sold knives detailing the legal restrictions on carrying them.

The Offensive Weapons Bill, which is currently going through Parliament, will increase the maximum penalty for carrying a knife without a good reason from six months to two years and an unlimited fine.

You will soon need a license to cut your food up to eat......LOL!!!!!!!
edit on 6/22/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Rocket launcher comes in handy when you need a bathroom and nobody wants to open the door.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You can kill someone by biting. It takes a bit of work but it can be done.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then you will need a license to get a license just to get a license to stand in line to get a license.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I have killed with a bite before, but it was just a cake!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

www.theguardian.com...

Wow... your fear-mongering media is out of control.

That "rocket launcher" is a spent tube. It says in the article that it was "fired and left behind."

That tube is no more dangerous than a section of PVC pipe in the walls of your home. You can buy them all over the place online because they are not "rocket launchers" once they've been fired.

Again, what a bunch of sissies.
edit on 6/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

As I said none of that is true the site just made it up - all knives are legal, you just can't wave them around in a crowd in public.

Guns aren't illegal in the UK, we just don't go round shooting each other all the time over nothing.

Going fishing? Got a massive knife? No problem
Eating food? Got a massive knife? No problem
Just bought a massive knife? No problem
Like knives? Have a massive collection at home? No problem
Waving a knife in someone's face telling them you're going to kill them? ILLEGAL.

Which part of that is a loss of freedom or against common sense?

They were both fired years ago. Not going to happen. Labour haven't been in power for several years now. It'd be like saying Nixon is going to ban guns.
edit on 22-6-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

This one is just for beezer....lets ban all sammiches!

link   
While you're all gladhanding and making fun of the Brits, maybe you should read the source. It's not a "ban". It's an "amnesty program" that is VOLUNTARY. Everyone will still be able to cut their steaks.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Then you will need a license to get a license just to get a license to stand in line to get a license.

I am seeing a HUGE new market for pre-cut food in the UK. Though I would likely need to make it very small morsels as I would not want to be sued because someone choked on my "no-knife used" sized bites......I could sell it in bags on store shelves with multiple flavors....oh wait....Purina already has me beat.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The last step will be to have a big feast and the people are the meal.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
While you're all gladhanding and making fun of the Brits, maybe you should read the source. It's not a "ban". It's an "amnesty program" that is VOLUNTARY. Everyone will still be able to cut their steaks.

Not according to the quotes from the article I posted about and the sources for the quotes. This is just the beginning. VERY similar to how the gun "ban" started and they want extremely restrictive licensing on knives similar to firearms....

You can call it what you like, but slowly boil a frog and they don't react....they sit peacefully until cooked.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join