It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: introvert

why express it?

Let it be..

This is not the propagandized headline to stimulate.

Just saying....

If you want to address a problem, you must first recognize the problem, and the language used. How can we move forward on the race issue if we all hide under our beds and are afraid to talk about things as intelligent, rational adults?

It has been propaganda that forces us to fit our speech and actions in to a smaller and smaller box to appease certain groups and those that do not have the spine to attack an issue head on.

All that does is stifle freedom. Freedom is what America is about. Well, it was. Now it's a nation that claims to have freedom, but cries and cowers when it's used.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now you are beginning to catch on. That is indeed what they want. If no one can say things they don't want us to say for fear of possibly losing our livelihoods or social bullying, then they can control our conversation and speech without having to take away free speech.

It's free *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*.

It appears as though some of you (us) are on this thread advocating for just that.

Sad, indeed.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now you are beginning to catch on. That is indeed what they want. If no one can say things they don't want us to say for fear of possibly losing our livelihoods or social bullying, then they can control our conversation and speech without having to take away free speech.

It's free *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*.

If that is your point then why are you complaining about what he said. By complaining that he said it you're "social bullying" him into stifling his own free speech. You should be supporting the fact that he said it and that it was said in the correct context and for a good reason.

As far as someone who complains to the HR dept. with false information I still say it's their fault. If I can get in trouble over something I never said but someone incorrectly thinks I did then that means I can get in trouble for any lie they wish to make up and complain about and there is no way to win that.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

MEH I am sick of hearing all this bullcrap...

In order to solve the race war, we need action, examples, Love one another etc..

Not this bullcrap...

As long as we poison our youth, we will spill blood..

The N word... really...

In any case as long as this remains a dichotomy, Anyone can use it as a platform I suppose for their own agenda...

All and All I am leaving this topic, saying I would suggest if you think your superior, in intelligence and intellect towards, others, to not even argue with one another about the adjective...

No matter what freedom you think you are expressing...

When you realize your freedoms are used against you perhaps, we can progress as a species...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Who cares what you're tired of. To address a problem, we must use words. We cannot solve the problem if people are afraid of them.

Like I said before, Man-up.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We live in an extreme racially sensitive world right now. Remember the huge controversy over the word "niggardly" a few years ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with race. It means 'stingy' and comes from Old Norse language. But some aide got fired by a black mayor for using it to describe how he would have to manage the fund's tight budget. Really! He got fired! He was later reinstated when the mayor received a vocabulary lesson.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

words do not work.. Actions are what created the dichotomy in the FIRST PLACE NOT WORDS!!

WHITE AND BLACKS created slavery in AMERICA, they were not talking during this time, they were enslaving...

IN ORDER TO FIX IT, we need to ACT. EMBRACE love one another etc..

all this talking words proves to me, that people are stupid, and want to be controlled, and as a whole are not ready to fix racial relations...

ACTIONS NOW NOT WORDS.. When I walk thru south central Los Angeles, I did it with no fear, I looked at other men with love, and I survived Now do not get me wrong, that love was laced with don't mess with me. I know what it takes for us to unite, yet my government has so many vices even my black president cannot surmise the answer to our problem...

Try not to talk so much, and open a door for a black person, and treat them with respect and look in their eyes...

You would be surprised with the result..

Anyhow that is my last post in here...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama’s an idiot.

He doesn’t have the sense or judgment to do what’s right and using this word for a president is an atrocious choice.

You could tell it was an unscripted idea so this moron went and uttered it

Also this phony has done NOTHING for the black cause so all of a sudden all he's doing is jumping on the bandwagon

Obama is a fraud and a fool

There have been many WHITE PRESIDENTS WHO HAVE DONE MORE FOR BLACK PEOPLE THAN Obama including Richard Nixon

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
One quote says this...

The president said while attitudes about race have improved significantly since he was born to a white mother and black father, the legacy of slavery "casts a long shadow and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on."

How would they change DNA to stop racism?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

propaganda...

let us just treat one another with respect...

I assure you, our breeds will join together to remove the vice of our species... White or black period...

Just saying let us just treat each other with respect...

Crime will occur in our lives but we can help together stop it...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
One quote says this...

The president said while attitudes about race have improved significantly since he was born to a white mother and black father, the legacy of slavery "casts a long shadow and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on."

How would they change DNA to stop racism?

This statement is utterly ignorant! Scientifically and philosophically

Racism isn’t DNA its psychological social conditioning.

The dummy should have said that

Its amazing this idiot went to college!

If Obama, this college grad means this as a metaphor then maybe it makes some sense but it still is philosophically and scientifically WRONG!

It just demonstrates Obamas ignorance and stupidity

edit on 22-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

I agree

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is the first time a sitting president has used the n-word since the 1800s.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I am convinced racial divide was on Obama's agenda when he first came into office. I'll leave it up to others to speculate on why he wanted the racial tensions to escalate, but barely six months after taking office he stuck his nose in the incident when Henry Gates, a Harvard professor, was arrested for disorderly conduct after Sgt. James Crowley was called to investigate a possible break in at Gates' home. It resulted in the now infamous "Beer Summit".

Obama had absolutely no business interjecting himself in a local law enforcement issue. I think he and Gates probably knew each other and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't all a set up "to get the ball rolling on the race agenda". It has escalated ever since, because the narcissistic micro-managing know-it-all Obama thinks he has to weigh in on every racial tinged arrest out there.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Yes he means it metaphorically. If you would bother to listen to the interview instead of just picking it apart and listening to other idiots talk about it this would be very clear.

He even says right after the DNA comment that Racism is something we "Pass Down" through the generations. Similar to how we pass down our genetic information.

Seriously, I can't believe the lengths some people will go to try and twist what he said simply because they don't like the guy.

There are actually totally justified reasons to be against him and some of his policies, but this interview and what he said isn't one of them. The fact that just about everyone who is talking sh*t about this interview won't even take time to listen to the whole thing proves who is really at fault for all the fighting.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I have to agree, with this it does not matter, we are not going to change the world, acknowledging this, but yes, I think Obama, felt it was his duty, to be a the race sheriff, and sadly, he got nothing done, thru out his 8 years...

Obama, in my opinion, seemed to reap the benefits, of what the republicans did before him.

Obama, care I think will bankrupt our government...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Queen, I hear you but I don’t think that’s the case.

The reason Obama stuck his nose in meaningless incidents like that is that since he wasn’t and didn’t DO A DAM THING FOR BLACK PEOPLE he felt he needed to pretend he was militant and aware to the black people who like the white people of this country were deceived by this wretched liar, hypocrite and fraud

Its all just to placate the superficial idiots in the black community who fell for this con mans crap

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

I'm complaining for two reasons:

1.) He can get away with it. I could not no matter how appropriate the context. The double standard bothers me.

2.) I did not appreciate the idea that the word was replayed over the media where my son could hear it. It is like the F-bomb, and no parent wants their kid to pick those words up. You don't expect to be listening to your radio and hear that kind of language coming over the normal news broadcasts. Normally, that word is censored, but again, he can get away with what no one else can. Again with the double standard.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Now children all over the country may start using this word and when their parents say: “Stop using that word Jimmy”

The kids going to say

“The president used it mommy”

To all mommies in the country say this to Jimmie:

“Well Jimmie your president is a FOOL…Never follow the example of fools”

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join