It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My wife is a nurse. Her mantra: pain is what the patient says it is. Or, put another way: you can't possibly know what another person feels.

If a black man in America says he suffered racism during his life, i have absolutely nothing to tell me he is wrong. Second guessing him on it has no basis.

That's more or less true.

I wish the converse were also true. If someone else says I am racist, I do not get to tell them I'm not and expect them to extend me a similar benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom

Dude, I listen to his speeches just like you do. What do you expect him to say when he gives a speech about this stuff??? Should he say it's not really happening??? What do you expect him to say to the black community when daily there are video's of white cops killing unarmed black people???

Why bother saying anything about it is the POTUS?! How many other presidents have come out to speak about shootings in the US? Why does the POTUS have enough time to make comments on racism and Black shootings but not enough time to work a proper schedule in the WHite House? Why does he ONLY choose to speak about shootings that involve a White shooter and Black victims? Racism is alive and well; I agree and I agree the perpetuation and exacerbation of it has it's roots in media getting clues as to what the POTUS says his spin is….

I expect the POTUS to leave the matter to the people taking care go it and spend some time with the root cause of this all income & education disparity.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a black president gets harangued for uttering ONCE a word that has made other (also black) famous people thousands and thousands of dollars for uttering a dozen times in a single song.

Dear America: GET OVER YOURSELVES. you just want another excuse to be mad at the dude, doesnt matter if its because he is left handed or drives a freakin prius.

the issue isnt that it happened once, the issue is what appears to be his continued agenda to create division.......

He antagonized the issues in Boston and Ferguson, with his actions.......

And now hes going to speak in Charleston? To me hes just like Sharpton......stay away ......with his history of provocation leave it alone......

let those that would only speak of love and forgiveness stand, keep your politics the hell out of it

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That too is a huge mistake also. I cannot believe we have lowered ourselves to the level of actually changing one of the most famous novels in history because of a word that is used.

If Twain knew that we were going to rewrite his book to suit our culture of today and edit his works he would have refused to ever write another word down on paper except for maybe a string of insulting words about us for doing it.

After all why not just rewrite the constitution to say For the Rich, By the Rich and Of the Rich because we find the word People offensive now. Or if we are going to change Twain's books why not change the Bible to remove all the bad stuff in there too???

link   

My wife is a nurse. Her mantra: pain is what the patient says it is. Or, put another way: you can't possibly know what another person feels.

If a black man in America says he suffered racism during his life, i have absolutely nothing to tell me he is wrong. Second guessing him on it has no basis.

Thats totally different sort of pain, especially when its used as a political tool..........

its one thing to listen to a man who says this who has nothing to gain from it.......

its entirely another to have another preach when his political career can benefit......

This man has proven that he does NOTHING unless he can benefit from it....

That my furry friend is the difference

link   

We can't complain about the "PC culture" in America from one side of our mouths, while chastising people who try to break the mold.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

We can't complain about the "PC culture" in America from one side of our mouths, while chastising people who try to break the mold.

But is he really breaking the mold?

He is liberal, Democrat and black.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

that is why i dislike him so much.

but in the big picture, tearing him down over this is not going to make things better. if you really want to stick it to him, embrace the discussion and force his hand.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

And he dropped the n-word in a recorded interview, thus sparking discussion all across America.

And look what we have done with the opportunity....played politics.

And THAT is what is wrong with race relations in America. Everyone wants to get something from it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

People complain about a puppet president, but seem to want a puppet president that says nothing and has no views or opinions of his own.

Obama could buy everyone a gun, eliminate food stamps, and build a wall between US and Mexico yet his detractors would still complain about the "way" in which it was done or some such nonsense.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep, because he's the first one fitting all three of those labels to become President of the US. That mold has been broken now.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep, because he's the first one fitting all three of those labels to become President of the US. That mold has been broken now.

That wasn't the mold I was talking about. People who fit those three categories are generally pretty safe in making racially charged statements or using that kind of language.

If he didn't fit that mold, they'd talk about dog whistle language when he ran around talking about how cut taxes for all of us.
edit on 22-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

People complain about a puppet president, but seem to want a puppet president that says nothing and has no views or opinions of his own.

Obama could buy everyone a gun, eliminate food stamps, and build a wall between US and Mexico yet his detractors would still complain about the "way" in which it was done or some such nonsense.

First off who wants a puppet president? of course we want someone that exercises the will of the people not the will of himself or special interest groups or big business.......thats not a puppet in my eyes, thats fulfilling his elected position

And that doesnt absolve him of anything to be honest, yes there will always be people that complain......but again thats not a hall pass
edit on 6/22/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly. That interview as just over an hour long and a good one too IMO. It wasn't sound bites or summaries of the conversation but the entire conversation from start to finish with no breaks. They were honest questions and unscripted answers between two real people talking.

Yet out of that interview one single snippet is all that is being talked about. That 2 second long sentence with the word ni**er in it. Sometimes it's not even the whole sentence but just that one word that is talked about. Leaving over 59 minutes of various other information that is being dismissed and left behind.

It shows how easily it is to control what people pay attention to. You could have a map showing the way to heaven on earth posted up in plain view for anyone to see but stick a tiny booger in the lower corner of that map and nobody can see anything but the booger.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's humorous to witness non-black people become more outraged about the use of the word than most black people would.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's humorous to witness non-black people become more outraged about the use of the word than most black people would.

Its the hypocrisy we find outrageous..........

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama is part of the problem when he uses that kind of language.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Cornel West says .....

(might be offensive)

Cornel West: Obama Is The First...

edit on Jun-22-2015 by xuenchen because: [__]

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Is it?

Throughout my life I have had many conversations with people and groups of people in which the word was used, and no one, even black people, were offended if the word was used in a very specific context and intent. Intelligent people look at context and usage before knee-jerking. But it appears as though we are overlooking the context in which it was used and are automatically crying foul just because he said it.

It's also curious that the people that are making the biggest deal out of this are those that disagree with him politically. Why is that? Is this just one more thing for his opponents to cry about that has absolutely no teeth to it?

When WND, Fox or Glenn Beck say something stupid or hypocritical, why aren't Obama's opponents raging about hypocrisy?

Because they really don't care a damn bit about hypocrisy, they care about politics. And that is what this is all about.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Is it?

Throughout my life I have had many conversations with people and groups of people in which the word was used, and no one, even black people, were offended if the word was used in a very specific context and intent. Intelligent people look at context and usage before knee-jerking. But it appears as though we are overlooking the context in which it was used and are automatically crying foul just because he said it.

It's also curious that the people that are making the biggest deal out of this are those that disagree with him politically. Why is that? Is this just one more thing for his opponents to cry about that has absolutely no teeth to it?

When WND, Fox or Glenn Beck say something stupid or hypocritical, why aren't Obama's opponents raging about hypocrisy?

Because they really don't care a damn bit about hypocrisy, they care about politics. And that is what this is all about.

The fact that you tried to draw a correlation between the "intelligent" use of the word , period, wonderfully sheds light on the problem........

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join