It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniquely Nasty: The US Governments War On Gays

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I'm seriously curious at what part of your adolescence, you woke up and consciously said, "I'm going to be straight!" Because I certainly never did that and I can't think of any of my straight friends who did that. It's usually gay people denying who they really are that do that.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Daedal

It's time for religion to get out of the way. If a man says he was born gay, he was born gay.

He should seek a gay partner.

A straight person shouldn't "try" gay sex, that is a sin. A gay person shouldn't try to entice a straight person, that is sin.

If a man says he was born gay, how can being gay be a sin for him?

We don't need to cure gay.

If what a man is doing is wrong we can let God hash that out later. We do not judge a man's soul, regardless of what arrogant religious leaders may claim.

We were instructed to love one another. It is time we stop calling our gay brothers liars.

Because people aren't born gay....Throw that garbage argument right out the window! Born gay.....What has this world come to? People aren't born gay....

You can keep saying this until you are blue in the face, but it will never make it true.

Krazy, it is true buddy! Gay is a choice, not a birthright....

Like I said, your insistence on it being true doesn't make it so. It's been pretty much proven that homosexuality isn't a choice.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When are we going to call attention to the War on Discourse?

We can no longer even have a rational discussion on this topic. It's either:

1) You support everything any gay person does, you always have and you always will; or,

2) You hate everything gay and want the world wiped clean of all this deviant gayness.

There is nothing in between anymore.

You wanna know how to tell who's full of s# in any debate? It's the person who shuts down the discourse. It's the person who dodges, deflects, sidetracks, creates false associations, manufactures insinuation, engages in ad hominem attacks, etc. etc.

I think you all know what I'm talking about. It's why every thread with the word "gay" in it is starting to give me nausea. Both "sides" of the "debate" use the tactics above almost exclusively to try to make their points...

...which I can no longer even discern because there's too much of the above-mentioned bulls# to sift through anymore.

Your gay message is being lost in your gay arguments.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So since bad stuff is happening in the ME we shouldn't worry about taking care of our own?

How about we clean up our yard before going somewhere else.

I do agree it needs to be dealt with but until we can do it here we have no ground to go somewhere else and do it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What "Middle Ground" is possible?

Either you want homosexuals to have the same rights as you, or you don't.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

"You're either with the terrorists or you're with us", right?

What if I think "rights" themselves (as commonly conceived) are BS, predicated on total nonsense?

What category do I fit into then?
edit on 6/22/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I know nothing will change your mind but perhaps a little research might add a new dimension.

www.boston.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

"You're either with the terrorists or you're with us", right?

What if I think "rights" themselves (as commonly conceived) are BS, predicated on total nonsense?

What category do I fit into then?
I'd think you're being intentionally obtuse so you don't have to take a concrete side.

It's actually really simple. Should gay people be able to live exactly as you do, with the same rights you enjoy? It doesn't matter what your sideways views on "rights" are. Are gay people equal in every respect to you?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What do you base your premise on? Have you ever asked gays if it was an outright choice for them? If it was a goal to become gay?! Probably not. Having worked with many gays and spoke openly with them i can tell you that it was not their choice to be born that way, nor did they "choose" to be gay. And if you're basing your statement on religious views then I guess you and anyone else who uses that arguement are saying that GOD made a mistake? Wish I had that kind of inside knowledge...God, the perfect being made a mistake!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

Besides, If you're not a gay person can you really speak about systemic hate not being around for gay people anymore?

yes , just because im not gay doesnt mean I dont have a voice........isnt that exactly what all minorities and people of different belief systems fought AGAINST? Exclusion?

That double standard needs to be done away with

"Youre not gay so you have no right to say anything"

"youre not black so you have no right to say anything"

Yet they are upset if no one stands WITH them.......

you cant isolate and then cry fowl when no ones there to help take up the flag

So yes I do absolutely have every right to point out hypocrisy when it is present.........

just as I have a right to be at any gay rights event should I choose to go and support their efforts

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm seriously curious at what part of your adolescence, you woke up and consciously said, "I'm going to be straight!" Because I certainly never did that and I can't think of any of my straight friends who did that. It's usually gay people denying who they really are that do that.

No, but I didn't have any issues with women....I wasn't confused, I wasn't depressed, I wasn't turned down by girls when I was young or women when older.....I was always with a woman, it is natural....I didn't have thoughts of being gay, the choice was always there though....If I wanted to be gay I could have chosen that route, but I had no issues finding/getting/sleeping with women....Say what you will, but everything you do in life is a choice....You choose to go to the grocery store on Saturday instead of Sunday, not because you woke up and said I think I am going to go against the norm today and go shopping tomorrow instead...

I wanted a white car when I went out shopping for a car.....I didn't wake up one day and say, hmmm....I want a red car, I am going against my initial thought process....

You don't just wake up one day and choose to be gay, there are many things that happen in life that sway a person to think one way or another....That is the human mind, but everything that mind of yours does is make choices....If you choose to sleep with men as a man, that is a choice....You weren't born with it and then 18 years later start your destiny as a born gay man....You make choices that lead you down this path.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What wizard said is not the talk track of many.

Don't use one person to justify some double standard.

I agree completely you have a voice in this.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I know nothing will change your mind but perhaps a little research might add a new dimension.

www.boston.com...

No it won't, and I won't even click the link....My stance is firm on the topic and no matter how many people lie about their sex lives won't change the fact that their excuse is they were born this way...That is the easy way out, nobody wants to stand up and say I am gay....They want the excuse because they know it is wrong, I was born this way....Give me some sympathy please, it wasn't my decision....uh huh.....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Daedal

It's time for religion to get out of the way. If a man says he was born gay, he was born gay.

He should seek a gay partner.

A straight person shouldn't "try" gay sex, that is a sin. A gay person shouldn't try to entice a straight person, that is sin.

If a man says he was born gay, how can being gay be a sin for him?

We don't need to cure gay.

If what a man is doing is wrong we can let God hash that out later. We do not judge a man's soul, regardless of what arrogant religious leaders may claim.

We were instructed to love one another. It is time we stop calling our gay brothers liars.

Because people aren't born gay....Throw that garbage argument right out the window! Born gay.....What has this world come to? People aren't born gay....

You can keep saying this until you are blue in the face, but it will never make it true.

Krazy, it is true buddy! Gay is a choice, not a birthright....

Like I said, your insistence on it being true doesn't make it so. It's been pretty much proven that homosexuality isn't a choice.

Pretty much....hahaha....Nevermind

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What sways them to be all of the sudden be sexually attracted to men?

You have dodged that question over and over again.

You keep going on and on about instincts and what felt natural to you.

In which you are saying be straight wasn't a choice,but something you really didn't have control over.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So since bad stuff is happening in the ME we shouldn't worry about taking care of our own?

This is the same tired old argument thats used to try and deflect off the fact that they are being killed whole sale and people here are complaining about bakeries

Its disingenuous and bullcrap, its not about "not cleaning up at home"

its about REAL issues and not the bs quibbling being done here in the US over people getting their "feelings" hurt

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

What wizard said is not the talk track of many.

Don't use one person to justify some double standard.

I agree completely you have a voice in this.

No worries I wouldnt put that statement onto you or anyone who didnt actually say it.........its just my viewpoint on those that would use it as a method to shut down the discussion

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.boston.com...

No it won't, and I won't even click the link....My stance is firm on the topic and no matter how many people lie about their sex lives won't change the fact that their excuse is they were born this way...That is the easy way out, nobody wants to stand up and say I am gay....They want the excuse because they know it is wrong, I was born this way....Give me some sympathy please, it wasn't my decision....uh huh.....
So your response to scientific data is to bury your head in the sand as claim it's not happening.

Neat.

Just because it's firmly buried in the sand doesn't change reality. And you never answered my question. I suspect it's because you already know how you'll answer, and what my response would be, and you just can't have that. So let's go ahead and pull that thread, see where it takes us.

"Does the thought of gay sex arouse you?"
"No it does not"

"Can you CHOOSE to let it arouse you?"
"No I cannot"

"Then how is that different from the Gay thought process?"
"Because it's a choice"

"But if you didn't choose what sex you're aroused by, why can gay people?"

Keep your head in the sand. It shows your ass much better.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's actually a war on anyone who isn't gay but what ever. Believe the lie.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's actually really simple. Should gay people be able to live exactly as you do, with the same rights you enjoy? It doesn't matter what your sideways views on "rights" are. Are gay people equal in every respect to you?

If my opinion doesn't matter, why are you asking?

Do only the opinions of people who agree with you matter?

Are you starting to see the problem here yet?

ETA: How come my sideways views on rights don't matter, but your sideways views on intimacy do? What makes you so special? Who's "rights" are being favored?

edit on 6/22/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join