It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes...let the US get rid of all guns....but start WW3.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
Gunz = freedumbz.

They sure seemed to help in the "freedumbz" fought for in multiple countries.

Way to add to the thread with intelligent conversation.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I said it before: Stop selling guns!

As soon as the fresh supplies are drying out, the total amount of working guns decrease.

At first, at a nearly undetectable rate.

But this speeds up. Because, do you think that criminals are taking good care of their weapons?

Oh, criminals will still be able to buy guns. They all can do so, all over the world.
But over time it is becoming harder to come by those things.

Gun control is possible, in the long term.
Like it or not, it is feasible.

Oh, and for the gun-sellers: yes, your shops would be declared "guns for hunt only", with a sharp drop in sells. Are you willing to do this in favor for less gun-related violence on the streets or.. do you prefer money$? Yes, I thought so. The slave traders surely did so, too.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

When corporations run a nation, they call that Fascism, which is a form of tyranny. Look what happened in Germany when Fascism ruled (also: don't forget what happened to Germany after Fascism ruled there...). The downward spiral swirls....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, gun confiscation is silly!
I have 3 words for you -
Kuh tree nah.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

One of the most cognitive dissonant things about 'gun control'.

We arm everyone. Terrorists,drug cartels, to foreign nations.

Then our 'leaders' will deny us the very same thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
If i'm not mistaken, it's not about "anti gun"(silly word Btw) in the US, it's to reduce gun violence, how is that compared to defense in other countries ?

There is no such thing as 'gun' violence.

It's a term made up by politicians to sell fear.

People are violent, and they use a great many things to kill other people.

Of course killing people to begin with is 'outlawed' in every so called civilized country.

Well of course except when the state, and their LEO's do it.
edit on 23-6-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

The US government is selling the entire nation to corporations. The TPP and TISA is basically a checkmate on self-governance.

To be fair, since most of those corporations are MEGA GLOBAL CORPORATIONS, its not only the US that has sold their gov't to the highest bidder. if not now, you better believe in the near future they will be in line with those Corporations or terrorists they will become.

Guns are a symptom of the real problem, the real problem is mental stability and being a product of your environment. Neither of those two things are a welcomed priority for the Corporations to solve, hence they focus on the guns angle.
edit on 22630America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 13:22:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wish people would make up their minds.

First them evil guns are out to get people.

No them evil corporations are!

Never fear government is here!

The most dangerous thing to people is themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, gun confiscation is silly!
I have 3 words for you -
Kuh tree nah.

You got me there!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I wish people would make up their minds.

That is not a good recipe for problem solving.

First them evil guns are out to get people.

I have yet to see a gun get up by itself and shoot someone, So I would say they are not evil.

No them evil corporations are!

No the corporations are not out to get anyone they are just simply trying to survive.

The problem is in order for a corporation to survive with their REQUIRED infinite profit growth expectations over infinite length of times, is that they have to cross further into grey areas.

The issue is that they have the money and power to dictate our laws in this country and under such duress to beat last years profit margin, its a recipe for disaster.

Corporations wouldn't be an issue if they didn't also dictate the laws in this country.

Never fear government is here!

This is where people go wrong, they assume gov't is not the corporations.

In reality the gov't does not have a dedicated dream team of lawyers with infinite money that its primary job is to create laws that are beneficial to their clients.

The laws created in this country are drafted , sponsored, and written by lobbyist. Its their job and only job, and its the job of congress to robosign the lobby created laws, in order to not worry about re elections, MSM, and raising half a billion dollars to run for office.

This is why Oligopoly Corporate powerhouses are always on the winning end even when they lose, because they are the ones who control the gov't and are the ones that create the laws in this country.

Gov't is just a straw man setup by the Corporate Oligopolies.

The most dangerous thing to people is themselves.

That I can agree with. They are also the ones allowing corporations with such un-realistic expectations to create, influence and draft our laws in this country.

They are also the same people that think its the gun that kills people and not the mental state and other factors influencing a person to kill. Take away the gun and they will kill in other methods using fertilizers , pressure cookers, knifes, etc.

edit on 18630America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 14:18:52 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20630America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 14:20:26 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I just watched Requiem For The Dead on HBO lastnight. About 30,000 people a year killed by guns in America. It's literally like a war zone. The documentary almost made me tear up. It focuses on a few months of American gun violence in 2014.

Although the emotional strings were pulled and I do think guns/gun ownership needs to be highly regulated I couldn't help but wonder why so many people are miserable. From murder to suicide. Everywhere. Every day.

I think there's a fundemental societal issue in America. A cultural issue in part springing forth from our high pressure economic system. Much of it is also domestic violence. Women killing kids. Men killing women. Kids killing siblings. Gang members and drug dealers are also killing each other. People robbing other people. There's hundreds of millions of guns in America and a lot of "struggling" people.

My point, there are deeper issues in America besides guns- the tool used to kill. Most people would find different means. A knife, a rock, car, drugs, baseball bat etc. Guns provide an easy means to kill but the desire to kill will still remain without guns.

What could this country do to minimize the desire to kill? The anger, desperation and poverty? The mental illness...The racism.

Take the recent church killings, the guy could have used different means to kill. As racists have done in the past. Were guns the cause or was his racist ideology the cause?

Look at the fundementalists in the Middle East. Are they primarily terrorizing people with guns? They blow themselves up! The cause is violent political Islamic fundementalism. A cultural/societal issue. In part an economic issue as well.

There's material and ideological roots to violence. Banning words or weapons or thoughts won't address the root cause. Or will it?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

That 'documentary' was a load of garbage.

30,000 people killed by guns eh ?

No they were killed by other people.

But wait?

Killing other people is already against the law.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I know that "dey gonna get our guns" is a rallying cry for the Right wing...but if you have a logical bone in your body, you know that gun confiscation is a physical impossibility. There are just to many firearms. I have a very nice collection and I'm not in the least worried.

Not to mention that guns, hunting, shooting sports, firearm mfg....is a 6 Billion dollar industry. that Billion with a B.

Get real....A 6 billion dollar industry is just not going away no matter what any politicians says.!!!

Get worried when you can't go into your local Walmart and buy a piece and the ammo to go with it.

Even talking about firearm confiscation; makes you look stupid.

You went full retard on that one. Here in SoCal you can't buy a gun at Wal-Mart and you certainly can't find any ammo. Availability can be a bigger problem than confiscation....that's part of their plan as well isn't it comrade?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hasn't anyone learned? Or do they not teach this in Gov't Institutions anymore? Oh how humanity has fallen, so very low. Doesn't anyone have Balls anymore? or has everyone with them been Neutered in the great 21st Century of Political Correctiveness?

edit on 6/24/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The elites are scared of American citizens and theyr guns, because there's a economic collapse and a ww3 on the way... So please dont let them take your guns! I feel sorry for you guys. American people are treated as sheep and kept in fear (same s**t here in Europe under NATO). Watch out for JADE HELM!!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Lots of option’s out there, some good, some , not so good.
I look at this in my own simple way.
WWIII, will be an EMP war. No one wants to destroy the planet....I hope/feel.
After an EMP attack in under a week, something like 30% of any population will be dead due to the need of medical care/age/food/water.
Then if I remember the article, within 120 days the U.S. alone will lose like 70% of the people.
It will be a slow death for all on this planet. Talk about slimming the population down!

So, I look at this simple, about gun control.
Guns don't kill people do…Period
It not true, then why are not all the people dead that go to guns shows, lots of guns and none dead......

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Look what guns did in Ukraine during Maidan protests. If You have no gun You are defenceless in these times. In other way I am about having gun only in home in case of robbery, on the street Your hands are what You should use.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

on the street Your hands are what You should use.

I don't disagree, but not everyone is equal in ability to fight or protect themselves and family.

Some have handicap, older, weaker, and etc. In addition the reality is, that while you and I might obey by those rules the criminals are likely not.

Guns evens out the playing field for many.

The problem is not guns, its the mental stability of the individual that is the problem. Its just easier to point the finger at a gun then tackle the real issue in this country.

Take away guns and those same individuals can do equal damage as we have seen in the past with : fertilizer, bombs, pressure cookers, cars, etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I said it before: Stop selling guns!

As soon as the fresh supplies are drying out, the total amount of working guns decrease.

At first, at a nearly undetectable rate.

But this speeds up. Because, do you think that criminals are taking good care of their weapons?

Oh, criminals will still be able to buy guns. They all can do so, all over the world.
But over time it is becoming harder to come by those things.

Gun control is possible, in the long term.
Like it or not, it is feasible.

Oh, and for the gun-sellers: yes, your shops would be declared "guns for hunt only", with a sharp drop in sells. Are you willing to do this in favor for less gun-related violence on the streets or.. do you prefer money$? Yes, I thought so. The slave traders surely did so, too.

Simple answer to a complex problem,I am still firing a pre ww1 german mauser,uh ,how long is your scheme gonna take?
500 years?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

If it has to.

Really, how good do you keep care of your gun?
Do you really think that thugs would do the same to theirs?
Especially if the selling of ammo would be made difficult, too? I mean, here in Germany you can buy some kinds of ammo, but the access is harshly limited to licensed hunters and competitive shooters.

It seems to be just too easy to buy guns and ammo, remove that from the shelves and time will take care of the existing problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join