It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Governor calls for death penalty for church shooter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

The UK acted first in 2010 and banned the export of drugs for the death penalty, then the following year every country in the EU did the same.
America is running out of lethal injection drugs because of a European embargo to end the death penalty
It looks like the US will have to start producing it's own in reasonable amounts, or find another way to kill your convicts.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: maybee

The UK acted first in 2010 and banned the export of drugs for the death penalty, then the following year every country in the EU did the same.
America is running out of lethal injection drugs because of a European embargo to end the death penalty
It looks like the US will have to start producing it's own in reasonable amounts, or find another way to kill your convicts.

Thanks. It was longer back than I recalled. I do remember the specific company that was televised, did not know what the drugs were being used for. Shame on whoever was in charge of it here that they didn't tell them. Sorry British friends.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Plz dont kill him, keep him in a cell with close to no human contact for a long as possible. Let him remember this tragedy every day of is life, killing him would be the easy way out.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The Death Penalty is basically about saying, "What you did was so bad that only God can sort you out."

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Ya, that death penalty will really serve as a deterrent. With all the appeals he should be executed by say 2032. The death penalty in this country is a joke. You should be allowed two appeals only, all within in year of your sentencing. The execution should be carried out within the end of that year. I don't want to hear about innocent people being put to death either. If you can't prove your innocence in a trial or two appeals, tough cookies.

Proving ones innocence is nearly impossible. That's why our system doesn't seek to do it, instead it seeks to prove guilt.

If you don't have an alibi, or if that alibi comes into question, how do you prove you didn't do something? You can't, and when it comes to determining guilt, lets just put it this way: Not all lawyers are of equal quality. The prosecutions sole job is to put you away, even if they have evidence that you didn't do it, they can hide that evidence and not introduce it to the court since it weakens their case.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Plz dont kill him, keep him in a cell with close to no human contact for a long as possible. Let him remember this tragedy every day of is life, killing him would be the easy way out.

This type of mentality is even worse than those who want to kill someone out of revenge. It's not just wanting revenge, but it's wanting to be sadistic about it. It puts you in about the same place mentally as the person who committed the crime.

Removing a person from society for the rest of their life should be enough without the added implications of constant prison rape, solitary confinement torture, and all the rest.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I don't want to hear about innocent people being put to death either. If you can't prove your innocence in a trial or two appeals, tough cookies.

Wow, just wow.

That right there is the very reason the death penalty needs to be abolished. How disgraceful

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Pour the PSYOPS koolaid out on the grass and demand $25 million dollars in one lump sum for experimenting on you and your family tree the last several hundred years.

Now that's actually true Justice. We would all get 25 million dollars basically.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

Does SC court want him dead? Does they forget what he did few days ago?

Send him to the toughest prison in the US!

And place him in a genral pop wing thats full of blacks and let the fun beguin

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well god will sort him out sooner or later anyway..I would think god is patient enough to wait.

I personaly do not agree with it but If he did get the death penalty they have probably 10 years to get it figured out.
edit on 23-6-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MysterX

The Death Penalty is basically about saying, "What you did was so bad that only God can sort you out."

Just let big bubba sort him out.

No need for clean mercyfull executions.

Dont see why that POS should get the easy way out and have a death more easy than you or me will likely have.

Dump him in general pop and let fate sort him out.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Dont see why that POS should get the easy way out and have a death more easy than you or me will likely have.

Because for the longest time we sang God Save the Queen/King and decided to split off and put laws into place preventing assumed guilt and drumheads

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Erm read your history the whole fair trial stuff came from us Brits!

In fact your more likely to get a fair trial in the UK today than US.

And that was not my point anyway.

My point was if convicted then the pos in queation should just be dumped in the blackest wing possible in gen pop and let them decide how to proceed.
edit on 23-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Death penalty doesn't stop people killing each other it only serves as revenge.
We are better then that.

I agree that it is revenge since there is no such thing a fixing these types of people through rehabilitation...which doesn't happen in prison anyway. But I don't think we are better than that. And I do believe that while it may not stop the worst of people from killing, I believe it makes the non-insane think before getting into some situations.

There has been a time or two that while I wanted to go to someone's home to "talk" with them about a problem, but I didn't because I realized it would likely escalate into something worse. Not killing...but you never know what could happen. If I went there and we chatted, and it got to yelling, and he told me to leave and got a baseball bat and swung at me, and maybe I grabbed it and hit him, and maybe he fell on a rock, and maybe he died. Yeah...it can stop people, just not the ones who WANT to kill.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

liberals wont like this.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It might not be my place to give an opinion (I don't live in the US) but personally, I think he should be put in solitary confinement. He's committed a truly horrific crime and death would just be a form of escape for him. Being completely separated from the outside world for the rest of your life, however, can really test your sanity. Why not let him fester in seclusion until he's a dribbling wreck? That's a deserving punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join