It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's Obamacare exchange to collect insurance data on patients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

California's health insurance exchange wants to know why you got sick this summer.

With 1.4 million people enrolled, the state-run marketplace is embarking on an ambitious effort to collect insurance company data on prescriptions, doctor visits and hospital stays for every Obamacare patient.

Covered California says this massive data-mining project is essential to measure the quality of care that patients receive and to hold health insurers and medical providers accountable under the Affordable Care Act

Covered California has stumbled in the past over its handling of consumer information.

It drew complaints during the Obamacare rollout for sharing applicants' contact information, without their knowledge, with insurance agents and enroll

So it begins, the true potential of not-so-affordable care act.

First they have direct access to our personal bank account, so that they know our spending patterns.
Now they want to know the patterns of our sickness , and I am sure our second amendment will be violated based on the medical prescription one is having.

I think, o'care is one of the worst legislation ever, and it is showing it is true colors. First, there was no choice at all, (forcing us to buy stuff we don't need), now they want to data mine our health data. Again, this is sold to us as giving us better healthcare benefits based on data.

How can we trust this data to be safe, especially after the recent hack that exposed Federal employee's personal data , including SSN.

Can this get any worse ?
edit on 22-6-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: The link corrected.

edit on 22-6-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

If they have access to your bank account they will already have a fair idea of what you are sick with . If they know your spending habits they pretty much know everything there is to know about you unless you go old school and pay cash .

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I can see it being used against you guys too.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Agreed...Obamacare is the greatest breach of privacy I have ever seen. What California is doing here is just the tip of the iceberg. I can see it now: " we notice you drink an awful lot of wine, thats causing your blood sugar to spike, we will have to fine you as we dont believe your actions are representative of a citizen who is living a healthy lifestyle."

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

And they can mandate anything; so if you're overweight, they can force a person to get the FitBit and then monitor how much walking a person does, etc.

Yea, this can and doubtless will get a lot more invasive and controlling and personally costly.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The government owns you, yes they do, so they have the right to know what ever they want to know about you, then they have the right to sell your history to any marketing groups to make money because information is money, data mining has been going on for a long time, the truth is that is all privately run. Illegal heck yeah, but do you see anybody actually raising against the government to stop it.?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
Can this get any worse ?

Haven't you ever seen a horror story unfold? You NEVER ask that question...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

That information is already widely available to any one who pays - the government included.

It is more likely that health insurance, life insurance and employers will use the information against you - THEY ALREADY DO - get a psych diagnosis and try to get life insurance. It's been going on for years.

This is just a less expensive way for the State to access the information and have their own data to sell - THANK YOU ANTI TAX NUTS.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: EA006

That information is already widely available to any one who pays - the government included.

It is more likely that health insurance, life insurance and employers will use the information against you - THEY ALREADY DO - get a psych diagnosis and try to get life insurance. It's been going on for years.

This is just a less expensive way for the State to access the information and have their own data to sell - THANK YOU ANTI TAX NUTS.

No. It's not just less expensive. It's way more expansive. They're not really interested in the money. Though the drones who work for them obviously expect to be paid. They're interested in the power. That's what drives these people. There are various types of people in on this but the ones you really have to watch are the kinds of people who just hate you because you don't live the way they think you should.

We all know the type. It might be a nosy neighbor or someone in any area of your life. They're basically control freaks. It bothers them when anyone does anything they wouldn't do. What do you think this type of person does when they get an insane amount of power? Why do you think this type of person seeks that kind of power in the first place?

Money is only part of the story. It's ideology. The worst people in history were always driven far more by what they believed than by profit.

So you have things like Obamacare. This program is driven by collectivist ideology through and through. The individual will lose his/her freedom every solitary time their personal freedom comes into conflict with Obamacare. Count on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: BlueJacket

And they can mandate anything; so if you're overweight, they can force a person to get the FitBit and then monitor how much walking a person does, etc.

Yea, this can and doubtless will get a lot more invasive and controlling and personally costly.

Exactly. This was completely obvious from the get go. Even the people who supported Obamacare knew it (the smart ones) but they would usually either completely ignore you if you brought it up or deny it. Because they're fundamentally dishonest people who want to see every little detail of people's lives controlled, they don't mind lying and denying the truth. Especially when they know they only have to deny it long enough to get the door open. Once the public gets acclimated to the harshness of it with the boiling frog technique, they will mostly just not care and the big government people can just give you the finger. The only incentive they ever had to care what you think of it is public opinion. Once that obstacle is removed, individuals are simply irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am still surprised majority of the people in this country is sleeping when it comes to real issues - loosing privacy, govt's direct access to our banking account, now medical records, molesting at the airports, etc.

Where as removing a flag, starting race riots (even our current liar-in-chief stirs the port with comments like 'if I had a son') is done over night, but no one cares about NSA snooping, Patriot act or Obama care or Trans-Pacific Partnership.

top topics

join