It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squeeky's story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I call my cat Squeaky because she makes high pitched squeaking sounds sometimes. I was told her name was Emma by the lady that ran the cat shelter.

I was looking to find a cat. It was a building filled with abandoned cats, many of them very good looking cats. I wandered around followed by the cat lady, and then I saw her. A scrawny cat with much of the fur on her back missing. I asked the woman why was the fur missing, and she said she was being bullied by other cats in the shelter, and so she pulled the fur out.

She had breathing difficulties due to the liquid in her lungs because she spent winter in the wired open space because of the bullying.

I told the woman, I want this cat. In some way, I seemed to recognize this cat even though I had never seen her before. The woman was surprised, but I suspect she was pleased to get rid of a cat that had little hope of a good life. I took her to a vet and got the medicine that got rid of the liquid in her lungs. Peace descended upon Squeaky's life, and the fur grew back on her back.

13 years later, Squeaky is still with me, old and overweight. Her life turned out to be a good life when it comes to cats,

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Bless you, and Bless Squeaky,,,love comes from unexpected places.

edit on Jun3534340635343435America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Aw, what a good story.

Good on ya for grabbing her, the shelters are stressful for those animals and you really helped that one!

Now, you can't go and post this story and not give us pictures!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

While i am more about dogs, you are a person after my own heart.

I take the last of the litter. The runts. The ones no one wants. To me, those are the best dogs. The ugly ones, or considered ugly anyway.

Lillie doesn't look anything like her rat terrier dad, or chihuahua mom. She looks more like a whippet in body shape, a rat terrier in markings, and a piece of paper in attitude. She tends to just lay there looking at the world around her in stunned terror, eyes bugged out and watering. But if the other dog gets wound up over something, Lillie follows where ever those warm winds blow.

It is painfully obvious that Lillie is "Abbie Normal" to some degree. Its part of why we all love her so much...she's unusual.

The stories I could tell about past dogs. Like the one that walked backward in a circle and howled when it had seizures. Her name was Baby, and we all loved Baby to pieces.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i have long wanted to start a non-profit no-kill shelter for cats in my area. there is nothing right about these innocent creatures suffering the way they do, when there is always someone like us out there to love them. just don't harden your heart when she leaves you, there are others out there who need your love too.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nice story. Very uplifting

originally posted by: droid56 I wandered around followed by the cat lady

That gave me an image in my head of the crazy cat lady from The Simpsons following you around chucking cats.

edit on 22/6/2015 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join