It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much Gun Fanatic Cops lacking Batons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What the heck happened to the times when Cops carry "Batons" around instead of just a gun. I bet most of the police aren't even trained to disarm a person. All I see in the police shooting news is fat cops sticking out the gun and telling everyone to drop down. One little finger accidentally pressing the trigger will cause problems. When you got so much cops around get two cops to disarm without gun equipped at least.

Most of the cops seems to just want to use the gun and expecting a gun fight.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

we need pictures to understand what you mean.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

we need pictures to understand what you mean.

I'm with op. The cops are out of control and effectively a gang against the rest of society, at least over there. Slipper slope here as we fail to stand up for our legal right and let statutory laws encroach more and more on the rights of a human person to exist peacefully and abiding by common law.

Obey the law, or anything I say if I wear this uniform, or I will kill you, regardless if you can hear me or not, legally deaf or blind, and blind I will shoot your guide dog, make no mistake. You obey my god like instruction, or I will smite you... Oh you ok buddy? Sorry I shot you 4 times in the lungs and chest. Stay with me though ok?

Pfft.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

You had me until..

One little finger accidentally pressing the trigger will cause problems. When you got so much cops around get two cops to disarm without gun equipped at least.

You don't mistakenely hit the trigger.

You only do so when it's necessary.

Any beginner firearms course will teach you that.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What the heck happened to the times when Cops carry "Batons" around instead of just a gun. I bet most of the police aren't even trained to disarm a person. All I see in the police shooting news is fat cops sticking out the gun and telling everyone to drop down. One little finger accidentally pressing the trigger will cause problems. When you got so much cops around get two cops to disarm without gun equipped at least.

Most of the cops seems to just want to use the gun and expecting a gun fight.

Wrong country. The one you are speaking of is across the big pond.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't think I would take a Baton to a gunfight.... Just not bright. I wasn't to clear if you were describing cops in the USA or not, perhaps you need to travel to some other countries that have some low crime rates and see what there cops are carrying... In the US if your not shot you will be taken to Jail, maybe the hospital if your injured. In Serbia you are robbed, then beaten, then shot and left in a ditch.

The US cops surely not perfect but a whole lot better to some of their peers in other countries like China, Mexico,Russia, South Africa,India, Pakistan,Italy, and Germany. Yes Germany. If you need more proof, Get a passport and fly to Mexico. Find a policemen and ask him why he being a jerk, then see what happens to you. Go ahead. jaywalk across a street in Kiev then tell the cop who stops you something brilliant like he's violating your rights. You will understand the meaning of true pain as he drags your butt off the street into an alley and pounds you into dust.

I don't understand why any person would deliberately pick a fight with a armed person in uniform that is trained not to take any crap from you. Has the power to kick your but and haul you off to a cell. When I talk to a Law Enforcement officer, (Getting Directions) I try not to provoke him into gunning me down in the street. I respect them and stay away from them because the can be tired of taking crap from people all the time...

PS: I would chill on the FAT COP thing too. Two Three Hundred pound Donut sucking monsters can crush your skull without using any weapons.
edit on 22-6-2015 by scattergun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
I don't think I would take a Baton to a gunfight.... Just not bright. I wasn't to clear if you were describing cops in the USA or not, perhaps you need to travel to some other countries that have some low crime rates and see what there cops are carrying... In the US if your not shot you will be taken to Jail, maybe the hospital if your injured. In Serbia you are robbed, then beaten, then shot and left in a ditch.

The US cops surely not perfect but a whole lot better to some of their peers in other countries like China, Mexico,Russia, South Africa,India, Pakistan,Italy, and Germany. Yes Germany. If you need more proof, Get a passport and fly to Mexico. Find a policemen and ask him why he being a jerk, then see what happens to you. Go ahead. jaywalk across a street in Kiev then tell the cop who stops you something brilliant like he's violating your rights. You will understand the meaning of true pain as he drags your butt off the street into an alley and pounds you into dust.

I don't understand why any person would deliberately pick a fight with a armed person in uniform that is trained not to take any crap from you. Has the power to kick your but and haul you off to a cell. When I talk to a Law Enforcement officer, (Getting Directions) I try not to provoke him into gunning me down in the street. I respect them and stay away from them because the can be tired of taking crap from people all the time...

PS: I would chill on the FAT COP thing too. Two Three Hundred pound Donut sucking monsters can crush your skull without using any weapons.

Just a couple things:

1. I disagree about the Polizei in Germany--I lived there for 3.5 years while serving in the Army, and never once had any run-in with them that had any hint of anything other than patience and mutual respect...and I did a few stupid things while having had a few too many while I was there between the ages of 19 and 23. Maybe it was because I was a Soldier and they didn't want to deal with the paperwork. That truly is an honest possibility.

2. I think you're spot on about calling out other countries, but the issue with most--if not all--of the countries that you listed don't have constitutions that guarantee their citizens the amount of rights that we have. We shouldn't compare our (U.S.) officers to those in super-corrupt places, many of which are communist or have dictators, and then say, "Well, I guess we're not that bad." Lowering the bar to make us feel better is not a good policy. (and better yet, DON'T get a passport and then go into Mexico...that'll be even more fun
)

3. LEOs absolutely are trained to take crap from us, and they're trained to have patience and professionalism in their positions of authority-with-a-gun. But I think I'm nitpicking--I think you meant that they're trained to keep control of the situation at all times, using force if necessary. If so, then I agree with your statement.

4. I think your implied fear of getting 'gunned down in the street' while asking for directions is a bit of a hyperbole, wouldn't you say?

All of that said, your overall point is a good one. I think that the OP does have a point, though, in that LEOs often times don't appear to be properly trained in how to use their empty hands ("karate," but karate would be pointless for their jobs) to subdue and disarm individuals. That should be becoming a focus, if not for the officer's safety alone, also for the safety of the public.

Edit: I didn't mean to just pick on your comment, but yours was the only one with some real substance and a few valid points of argument, so it was a good one to which I could respond to make my points.

edit on 22-6-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

join