It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should the rest of the world do about America's Climate change denial?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
With the threat from climate change a worldwide issue that will only get worst, what should the other countries of the world do about the climate change denial from the USA?

I don't think the rest of the world has the political will to militarily attack the USA on this issue.

I wonder if the countries of the world could band together and force the USA to comply threw economic means?

NOTHING! There isn't a damn thing the rest of the world can do about it!

The US leads the world when it comes to climate change denial, but most of the world believes its happening now, and something should be done about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

what should the other countries of the world do about the climate change denial from the USA?

Stop shipping us Toyotas?

And oil.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The world should mind its own business, and frankly so should the USA. If the rest of the world wants to see results, they should set an example for the US to follow...but that wont happen, because climate change is not man made, and so far all efforts to stop this boogeyman have turned out to be tax collection schemes.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Give us Billions of dollars like the US government is giving to Elon Musk so he can take his carbon credits and sell them to corporations that will continue to pollute the hell out of the planet?

Maybe?

I'll just keep praying for an ELE so we can just end the madness all around myself!

Odd how the pope jumped on the Globalist band wagon while denying a scientist that wanted to show his studies on how the solar system is causing our climate problems?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Maybe the world could lead by example. Maybe China could reduce their pollution levels, even if it has an adverse effect on their economy. Maybe Brazil could stop clear-cutting rainforest and start replanting. Maybe other countries could organize an international effort to clean up that plastic island in the Pacific, and shame the US into joining.

If the US can't be a leader, maybe they can be a follower.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can't say I know for certain if climate change is man made or not, but I can damn well get behind the idea that we've released a whole lot of stored energy in the last century.
Plus pavement and black roofs collecting all that solar energy in the form of heat- that's helping

Quit sending us oil- that'd be fun, but it won't stop this bath of blood. It's too little too late- and an economic collapse isn't far out anyhow, at which point most of us will be more worried about where our next meal is coming from than how green our lawns are.

Do what you will- but the climate problem we're facing is likely not something we as a species can do a damn thing about.
As for problems we CAN solve- let's start with:
1) greedy corrupt rulers
2) religion
3) idiocy in general

These three aren't in any order, and are more or less related...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The rest of the world is in no moral position to lecture (or attack) anyone.

We are all to blame. This does not, however, absolve of us of our responsibility to change our ways.

Even if we cannot change the ways of others.
edit on 6/21/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Who leads the world in anti-pollution policies and renewable energy (per square mile and per capita)?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Why are you worried about the USA when China and india both have massive populations and love to burn coal with zero regulations. get ready in about 5 years or less when China has a even more growing middle class and no regulations.
edit on 21-6-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Comply with what exactly?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I think your question ignores one critical point, it's really not the world vs the US. There are a number of countries with comparable and worse CO2 per capita emissions and China alone is responsible for about a quarter of the world's emissions.

See this page from World Bank

or slightly different table compiled from the World Bank data at Wikipedia

To ask this question is to pretend that any of the top emitters are doing anything. The real question should be what recourse do the most vulnerable people in the poorest countries have against the denial of the majority of industrialized nations.

To me the answer is clear, we need a viable alternative for generating electrical energy that can be plugged into the existing energy infrastructure and a cheap, durable and high capacity battery technology that isn't vaporware. There is nothing else to be done. Nobody will relent.

EDIT:

I'm not trying to point fingers or shift blame, I'm just saying that we can't stick our heads in the sand about other major emitters anymore than we can about ourselves and that there are fewer countries in a position to place demands on US than you might assume considering their own CO2 (and methane) emissions.

a reply to: intrptr

Actually, the Toyotas are made here. It's the "American manufacturers" who are shipping their cars here.
edit on 2015-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The population of China is the #1 country whose citizens believe in man made climate change, India is in the top ten, if there politics's and society isn't working on climate change I assume they will soon be. I also wonder if because of the direct contact with the USA is why they are not doing more, perhaps trade policy is why they haven't taken the lead, I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

APPLAUSE!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Worry more about China and India?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

What are YOU smoking?

China is the #1 ranking in polution..so thick you can literally cut it with a knife. Sure, believe it and stopping it...China isn't on board.

And did you just blame the USA on China's lack of care about climate change?
edit on 1434947190Sunday30Sun, 21 Jun 2015 23:26:30 -0500pmSunday26111130 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Nothing, carry on oblivious, business as usual.

There is no solution that could work that isn't itself apocalyptic.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

China is communist, so you either believe what they tell you or else. India has just about the worst education system ever. These poor people are being used by these globalist NAZIs with the fear of climate change put in their hearts.

If you want to stop climate change, then find a way to stabilize the influence of the jovian planets on the Sun. Its their geomagnetic and gravitational influence that causes the chain reaction.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
China is doing much to combat the smog and climate change, I know there cars are forced to have over 45 mpg this is much better than the USA. They have a long way to go, but don't accuse me of smoking something because your not educated on a topic.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

yet China is now the biggest polluter in the world? so let me ask you.... how do we get China to change their polluting ways?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Lead by example?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join