It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and The Drugs Connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I understand if mainstream media tends to avoid the drugs the mass shooters were taking. Considering, big pharma puts out huge advertising money. Yet, why is this somewhat ignored in the alternative news/forums community. I see some websites and forums talking about it, but not nearly as I would expect.

Infowars.com (alex jones website) seemed to do a decent article on suboxone. www.infowars.com...
-I'm not the biggest fan of infowars but on occasion it will have decent articles.

-An officer had searched the charleston shooters bag on a previous occasion and found an unknown substance, to which the shooter (Roof) replied, "It is suboxone". (I'm paraphrasing).

Nearly every mass shooter has been on some type of drug. LEGAL drugs. Can anyone explain why this is not the biggest topic; instead of topics like "black lives matter", "gun control", and other political hot topics.

*On an offhand note : Not sure if i put this in the right category or not. I haven't posted a thread on ATS before.

edit on 21-6-2015 by blueman12 because: fixed sentence

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think you will slowly find that a lot of us here on ATS know that a lot of the "shooters" are on prescription drugs with side-effects at least as bad as the symptoms they are supposed to help. SSRI's seem to be popular these days with the prescribing Doctors.

I have no idea if opiates are better or worse but I prefer to avoid both, regardless of my mental state.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been having a thought lately, not too long ago I read about this drug from Colombia called Devil's Breath, it's basically a drug that can take away someone's free-will so that they do anything someone tells them to do, afterward their memory is wiped and they have no recollection of what took place while under the influence of the drug.

I wouldn't be surprised if some (not all) of these shootings and massacres are a result of this drug. There is a massive amount of attention on these events when they happen. I believe that is in order to distract people from the real issues and keep them afraid and malleable to misinformation and manipulation. They might pick a random target then give them this drug and then use them as the patsie.

Not saying this is the case but it's an interesting possibility and definitely within reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Suboxone is extremely dangerous.

It's addictive and has some violent reactions.

It doesn't mix well with anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Remember Obama's Brain Initiative. Well, it is still in full swing, but you don't hear too much about it in the news. Here is one recent article. Lots of innovative experimental stuff going on in neuroscience.

Obama's 2013 'BRAIN' initiative results in remote-controlled mice

he first results to stem from President Barack Obama's 2013 "Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies" initiative are in, Reuters reports. As noted in the journal Neuron, scientists were able to manipulate the brain circuitry of lab mice, making them move, stay still, eat or leave their bowls of food behind. This was accomplished through the use of DREADDs, "designer receptors exclusively activated by designer drugs." The DREADDs system uses genetically engineered brain neurons to create custom receptors that lock into manmade molecules, activating whichever neuron scientists target. The DREADD method is a noninvasive form of behavior control, first introduced about a decade ago as a way to turn neurons on or off -- the newest DREADDs are the first to be able to do both.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The active ingredient in Devils Breath is scopolamine. That stuff would render a person in such a state, that they would help you steal their own organs. People have been left in their empty apartments, with their bank accounts cleared out, and having assisted the perpetrators of the theft in the commission of it. It IS serious stuff, and not to be messed around with.

However, scopolamine doping does not seem to fit this situation, or indeed any of the other mass shooting situations which have occurred. In each, the individuals responsible for these mass shootings have been in some way off, and have had a history of problems which have nothing to do with scopolamine. Those troubles have, however, been treated with all manner of prescription drugs, many of which have truly mind boggling lists of possible side effects, some of which would go an awful long way to explaining how the individual concerned managed to separate themselves from their morality long enough to murder multiple unarmed and largely innocent people. That said, some of those drugs they have been on, may have contained scopolamine.

At the end of the day, it is all about the dose, and what other chemicals are acting on a persons neurophysiology at a given moment.

I highly doubt that the mass shootings we have heard of in the press, were caused by a random person, or for that matter some deeply black ops type, blowing a cloud of Devils Breath into someone's face, which is the preferred method of insertion into an unwilling victim.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

There are some designer drugs being experimented with that the public has no knowledge of. There are clinical trials that many young college-age adults can sign up for, and I sometimes wonder if some of these mass murderers aren't in some kind of program fast-tracking these experimental drugs. Back to the Brain Initiative and the use of synthetic designer drug experiments:

Researchers genetically-engineer mice to have brains containing what they dub 'designer receptors' in specific circuits.

These are synthetic proteins on the surface of neurons that can only be activated by a matching synthetic chemical that otherwise has no biological effect – like a lock that can only be opened by a unique key.

When the 'designer drug' binds to its receptor, depending on its programming, it either triggers or blocks neuronal activity, thus giving researchers experimental control over the animal's brain circuits and behaviors.

Study can control brains accurately enough to turn behaviours on and off

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I understand if mainstream media tends to avoid the drugs the mass shooters were taking. Considering, big pharma puts out huge advertising money. Yet, why is this somewhat ignored in the alternative news/forums community. I see some websites and forums talking about it, but not nearly as I would expect.

Infowars.com (alex jones website) seemed to do a decent article on suboxone. www.infowars.com...
-I'm not the biggest fan of infowars but on occasion it will have decent articles.

-An officer had searched the charleston shooters bag on a previous occasion and found an unknown substance, to which the shooter (Roof) replied, "It is suboxone". (I'm paraphrasing).

Nearly every mass shooter has been on some type of drug. LEGAL drugs. Can anyone explain why this is not the biggest topic; instead of topics like "black lives matter", "gun control", and other political hot topics.

*On an offhand note : Not sure if i put this in the right category or not. I haven't posted a thread on ATS before.

Its my suspicion that the overprescribing of these types of drugs in America, is now endemic, and removing natural inhibitions in young peoples brains. That and the availability of guns, leads to a deadly cocktail. Because of the supposedly unfettered capitalism, with the lobbyist from the big drug companies buying the politicians. We seem to have a nightmare scenario. The real cause, wont be addressed, it will just be used for ever more security, which will again suit the corporate money, brigade.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's not just drugs but psychiatric drugs. The type that cause unusual behavior and mood problems. Not to mention violent outbursts. It's sadly unreported and if you tell the average person they'll look at you like you've turned purple or something.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

His great article uses online boards and peoples anonymous posts as evidence of what this drug does to the body.

Suboxone is not a mind altering drug, it is to deal with withdrawals ideally and then off but sadly people just replace their addiction with that.

The links to the violent outburst are no where but on boards like ATS about drugs.

Now if we want to talk SSRI's and those drugs then by all means.
But that is not the case with Doff.

Psychiatric
www.drugs.com...
Common (1% to 10%): Anxiety, depression, nervousness, abnormal thinking
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Abnormal dreams, agitation, apathy, depersonalization, drug dependence, euphoric mood, hostility
Frequency not reported: Restlessness, irritability
Postmarketing reports: Hallucination, attempted suicide, insomnia[Ref]
edit on stSun, 21 Jun 2015 20:33:49 -0500America/Chicago620154980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Suboxone is extremely dangerous.

It's addictive and has some violent reactions.

It doesn't mix well with anything.

You have repeated this over and over again and can never back it up.
Care to do it on this forum or keep regurgitating nonsense like ole jonesy?
Only thing you got right is it is addictive.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Supposed to be the magic pill to alleviate those terrible opioid withdrawal symptoms yet really is just a stand-in and from what I know absolutely has little (if anything) in the way of full blown mind altering capacity. At least within the context implied by op.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, I think part of it is the fact that a lot of people are on drugs; and most drug users never commit violent acts.

I could be wrong, but I believe Adam Lanza and James Holmes were both off medication when they committed mass murder.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthLover557

Well, I think part of it is the fact that a lot of people are on drugs; and most drug users never commit violent acts.

I could be wrong, but I believe Adam Lanza and James Holmes were both off medication when they committed mass murder.

Sometimes it is the sudden coming off of a drug that triggers the worst psychological problems.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What amazes me about this line of reasoning is that it completely shuns the multitudes of environmental factors that culminate in a person going off the rails and flipping out on the public stage.

Seriously?

You really believe it's just the pharmaceutical and biochemistry angle?

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

No, really - you must be right - and being socially displaced and/or socio-economically and educationally disadvantaged has nothing to do with any of it. Being cut off from 'healthy" outlets and social functions doesn't even play a part. Being bullied and picked on? Nope. Doesn't count. Bad associations and fixations on racist and/or violent literature? Nah. Nothing to do of that sort. Illegal drugs? Nah, dude.

It's just those "insidious drug companies and MKULTRA".

If anything - the drugs are merely a FACTOR in these types of cases....not and end all be all culprit.

If it were the drugs on their own we'd be seeing a hell of a lot more of these types of killings all over the place - especially given how widely they're being prescribed and the millions of people dependent on them.

Good gods.

Get me off this planet.

edit on 6/22/15 by GENERAL EYES because: facepalming too hard to type straight

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
What amazes me about this line of reasoning is that it completely shuns the multitudes of environmental factors that culminate in a person going off the rails and flipping out on the public stage.

Seriously?

You really believe it's just the pharmaceutical and biochemistry angle?

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

No, really - you must be right - and being socially displaced and/or socio-economically and educationally disadvantaged has nothing to do with any of it. Being cut off from 'healthy" outlets and social functions doesn't even play a part. Being bullied and picked on? Nope. Doesn't count. Bad associations and fixations on racist and/or violent literature? Nah. Nothing to do of that sort. Illegal drugs? Nah, dude.

It's just those "insidious drug companies and MKULTRA".

If anything - the drugs are merely a FACTOR in these types of cases....not and end all be all culprit.

If it were the drugs on their own we'd be seeing a hell of a lot more of these types of killings all over the place - especially given how widely they're being prescribed and the millions of people dependent on them.

Good gods.

Get me off this planet.

Thanks for the reply, and I agree to a point. Drugs are not just THE factor, but A factor. Well, possibly. Hard to know for sure.

Secondly, the bigger picture here is the approval psychiatric drugs. Suboxone may have done nothing to influence his behavior, or it may have. How can we know, unless we discuss it?

Is the approval of psychiatric drugs fair, or is it run by money? Are mental evaluations enough to approve these drugs? How are mental evaluations an accurate test for chemical imbalances? Are some doctors paid to push drugs?

Now, sometimes these things are reported on by the mainstream media. Although, much like the GMO subject, it is very seldom reported on.

My point of all this is; why does everybody jump on racial issues, gun control and social divides but not take notice of what legal/illegal drugs this person might have been on to push them over the edge?
It is hard to control the racial, economic and other social issues that affect a person's well being. However, we CAN control what drugs are deemed legal and fit to give to someone in a distressed state. Therefor, I believe this is the first factor that should be looked at. Not the last, if even looked at, at all.

to GENERAL EYES : It's not good to assume someone's point of view like you did. If someone talked about racial issues or gun control by mentioning the charleston shootings, I wouldn't assume they are "black lives matters" or NRA fanatics. You automatically assumed I was someone who thought everything was done by evil corporations and MK ultra from one post.
edit on 22-6-2015 by blueman12 because: sentence fix

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

to GENERAL EYES : It's not good to assume someone's point of view like you did. If someone talked about racial issues or gun control by mentioning the charleston shootings, I wouldn't assume they are "black lives matters" or NRA fanatics. You automatically assumed I was someone who thought everything was done by evil corporations and MK ultra from one post.

That's exactly why I responded "in general" and not to you specifically.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

That's exactly why I responded "in general" and not to you specifically.

O ok, thanks for responding back. I understand where you are coming from. It is why i have much trouble trusting sites like infowars.com because they take extremes sometimes. The extreme of "big pharma/gov does it all".

I had missed your "in general" response, so my bad. I hope we meet in better terms next time

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My theory. People who perpetrate this kind of crime are mentally ill. There was a time when mentally ill people were more commonly institutionalized (you know, before this type of thing happened on a regular basis). Today, however, due to many abuses that took place in said institutions they have all been closed except for those run by the criminal justice system. So basically there are no long term residential services for people with high risk for violent behavior until after they have committed a heinous crime. Medications may work for some if not most people, but basically when medication fails there is no plan b these days. So instead of being safely kept in some kind of secure long term residential facility, these people are roaming our neighborhoods where they have access to firearms, cutlery and innocent bystanders which is a recipe for disaster as we keep seeing repeatedly on the news.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Simple scientific logic would dictate that a problem with a definite chemical formula solution would certainly have a chemical test capable of defining the problem to begin with. Psych drugs sure fit the bill for chemical formula... but there isn't a single test to diagnose, chemically or biologically, mental illness. Thus, the medical industry is throwing chemicals at a problem that is clearly not related to any chemical imbalance or definable illness outside of the Dr saying "Uhhhh... I think you've got bi-polar disorder. Yup, let's go with that. And my little card here from the folks at Astra Zeneca, real nice guys by the way... they helped me buy my Ferrari, anyway the card says we should start you with Xanax because that's where everybody starts!"

It is unadulterated bullcrap and God help us all, it is spreading.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join