It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Final Thoughts on Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I have sympathy for you Americans...

But please stop the "come and get them" speeches online...

You already have the 2nd and intelligent debate to save your firearms...

"Come and get them" doesn't sound like the manifesto of a "well regulated militia"...

It sounds like the anxious ramblings of the trigger happy.

At a fork in the road?
It's quite clear which path needs to be taken...

Other wise a very short, one sided, government sanctioned civil war will rain down on all you innocent gun owners.

Just to add; I'm pro 2nd.

I'm just anti-walk into the bear trap.

Charlie, if the gov tried to come get them....

It would be anything but short.

Most cops would not be party to it, most soldiers would not be party to it, period.

Who will come take them?

The politicians?

Lol

The gunless lefties?

Even funnier.

No, we and our guns are quite safe, and the gov knows it is powerless to even try.

We have more than they do.

We will fight to keep them.

Will they fight and die to take them?

That is the only unknown quantity here.

Being the cowards they are, I think not.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Your right we will lose to the government but at least most of us would die for what we believe in, wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Other wise a very short, one sided, government sanctioned civil war will rain down on all you innocent gun owners.

Short? No. One-sided? Yes, and not in the way you expect.

Please Augustus, you're smarter than to believe your competently armed civilians could stop the government.

I say competently to highlight a percentage who would actually fight back instead of handing over their weapons to the gestapo...

I say competently to highlight a percentage who will last the first month of an onslaught...

Who do you think NATO will side with?
Your government? Or you?
Who do you think a majority of your military would side with?
Your government? Or you?

You'll be labelled a domestic enemy...
That's how it will go down, that's how the media will portray it, and that's how intelligence services will be advising on military strategy...

And the military are their to protect from domestic enemies.

I'm ranting, apologies.

*This is an opinionated post... Not a rallying cry*

How about Afghanistan with Russia for 8 years? Russia pulled out.

Who supplied Afghanistan when they were fighting Russia.

Then turn it around when the US government thought they could do it.

Who funded the Afghanistans then?

It's a viscous circle with the political elite. Just show them your willing to fight and someone will supply you with weapons!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Please Augustus, you're smarter than to believe your competently armed civilians could stop the government.

Please look into the results of asymmetrical warfare as practiced by the Viet Cong, Al Qaeda and the Taliban. After you have done that get back to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I simply want to add that I will not compromise my rights in any way, shape or form. I don't expect any other American to sacrifice their rights simply because of the way I feel about their lawful actions. No one should be punished or have their rights diminished because of the actions of another.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's the thing project, with all due respect, I do get it...

I understand and sympathise that a certain political branch is making noise...

But you guys, the vocal opposition who I side with, need to tone down the rhetoric and invitations.

All you (general term) are doing is getting yourselves placed into large databases and listed as a domestic enemy of those who'd wish to take that right away.

Many here may not believe in false flags, but what you're all doing (the strong rhetoric) is only fuel for a false flag fire.

My point, don't invite the devil to dinner, wait for them to turn up unannounced and you'll have a much better chance of having 100% military support.

Play their (the opposition's) game... And you can kiss any back up good bye.

Not all you vets are awake, yet...

And when they get that Intelligence memo slapped on a desk by their Generals, all they will know is you're a domestic terrorist...
Not ten steps ahead of the "gun grabbing" curve.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm trying to imagine an America after the gun confiscation.

Say just a tenth of the population has an issue.

Some 30 million irate, disarmed, pissed off people. How is the government going to control 30 million angry people all over the country.

That's a pretty big army.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You, the gun grabber, are a coward. You want to ban all Americans from owning guns.

No they don't, they still want government to have guns - just not Joe public law abiding citizen. These same grabbers think that criminals intent on harm will also give up guns and not acquire them on the black market - just like you can't get (illegal) drugs on the street, neither will Joe Public or criminals be able to get guns because no-one knows how to make them other than (state sanctioned) weapons manufacturers and there will be no market for them /sarc.

As I have said before, even if it takes the government 30 more years they are going to keep chipping away at Joe publics resolve to own guns - I call it "death by a thousand cuts" - each cut being a gun-related incident that the government will have the propaganda mouth-piece say "see I told you so, if we ban guns this would not have happened"

Educate your children and your communities - lest the only ones left owning guns is the government and it's agencies - because you can bet your bottom dollar that the governments obsessive-compulsive disorder towards disarming America does not include disarming the government as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Your right we will lose to the government but at least most of us would die for what we believe in, wouldn't you?

Absolutely, if it came knocking...

But all I'm saying is don't invite it or get yourselves placed into a bracket of domestic terrorist as many have been just because of their online opinions.

Then when that day comes, the military will know it's nothing to do with domestic terrorism, but rather a cowardly nazi agenda.

edit on 21-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is a simple comment that I DO NOT WANT an answer to.

Out of all the firearms owned, I have to wonder as to how many are registered, vs how many aren't registered (because of something like this).

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Out of all the firearms owned, I have to wonder as to how many are registered, vs how many aren't registered (because of something like this).

Hehe. *looks about mischievously*

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Let's look at those 30m...

And again, this isn't a liberal, keep quiet and accept it outburst...

It's a concerned cousin across the water who isn't remotely as emotionally involved in this as you guys.
So please accept my perspective and discard where necessary...

Who will lead this revolt?
How will segments put daily differences aside?

The drug trade?
Water shortage?
Familial ties?

All of these components will play a big part in keeping an aspect of division...

Sure, the bloods, the crips, the Mob, the KKK, the black panthers, the NOI, the local militia, outback Joe in the woods and the Latin Kings will all have the same objective...
To keep their guns...

Who sits at the head of the table and co-ordinates for you all?

Or is it every man for himself?

And further to what Augustus said about Al Qaeda/Taliban etc...
They're in cahoots in their respective nations... ie Iraq & Afghanistan...
With no competition and one enemy, the infidel...

What the States would descend into, and again this is a perspective based on the amount of "sides" involved...

The U.S. would be much more like Syria than Afghanistan...

So my entire point, don't give them a reason to label you a domestic enemy, and that's 95% of this war won...
Fall into that trap, and the army will have one objective...
Aggression against the potential of total anarchy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Absolutely, if it came knocking...

But all I'm saying is don't invite it or get yourselves placed into a bracket of domestic terrorist as many have been l Elle's just because of their online opinions.

Then when that day comes, the military will know it's nothing to do with domestic terrorism, but rather a cowardly nazi agenda.

Charlie, as a veteran of the US ARMY, I assure you, most vets do know the score.

Most current service soldiers know.

In fact, there are very few in the military or Leo that don't know the score.

I know lots of vets and many leos.

I have met few that would try to disarm their countrymen.

And they stick out like a hand full of sore thumbs.

All their peers avoid them, and let everyone know who they are.

Not sure if you are aware of this.

But there is plenty of easily accessible weaponry ranging from tanks and artillery to planes and personal weapons all over this country.

If the gov tried to do this, they would be met force to force, by equal equipment, by trained veterans.

Not mentioning leos and mitias and regular joes.

The willing would be outnumbered thousands to one.

That's is assuming all federal employees remained loyal to the gov, which they wouldn't.

It would be a massacre, on Washington and the alphabet agencies.

Hell this one small town I'm in alone would handle all the alphabet boys in the Midwest.

That is one small rural town in Indiana.

What about bigger towns?

What about the other Midwestern states?

Only about 15k in town limits.

About 30 around the the outskirts in the country throughout the county.

If you walk in "rural king", you will always see at least 2 or 3 open carry folks.

Probably at least that many concealed.

That is just one store, in one small town.

So yes.

"Come take".

I do not quiet myself because the wannabe bully talks smack to me.

I taunt them and dare them to try.

It is like that 300 movie.

"This is merika"!!!

I have not and will never kowtow.

They can suck it, while I wipe my are with their stupid files and red flags.

Don't want me raising red flags?

Stop acting like Hitler and polpot.

It really is that simple.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Please refer to my above post and ascertain the reasoning that a civil war is nothing like an invasion.

Suburban Conneticut (example) is nothing like the Jungle...
The ghettos in Queens are nothing like the Tora Bora mountains...

This guerrilla warfare you're proposing would have only a tiny success rate in a SHTF scenario.

Like I've said continuously, I'm on your side and routing for you...
All the while hoping it doesn't ever come to that...

Maybe take a look at the state of Iraq/Afghanistan nearly 15 years later...

It doesn't necessarily scream "we won" on any side of those wars.

Brains over braun.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I will gladly give my weapon over to any Progressive that feels so unsafe and so convinced in their belief that THEY are willing to show their conviction by putting THEIR LIFE on the line! *wink*

It sounds like your saying that you'd hand your weapon over to any police officer who asked for it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Charlie, the thing is;

One, "they" already have us all on a list, Janet Napolitano made sure of that.

Two, if the time ever came when the government wanted to disarm the population, THEY would be in violation of the Constitution that the current (and all former) military swore to defend and protect.

So "they" would be in violation. Now politicians and supporters of gun-grabbers are free to talk about it all day long.

But the second they act, then they will be the criminals.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

*sigh*

Because the Afghan, Iraqi and North Vietnamese governments had so much to offer in regards assistance.

Do you realize that Al Qaeda numbers only around 25,000 worldwide and they were able to stymie the United States military? Now think about what MILLIONS of well armed Americans can do in an asymmetrical situation. Take Beezer's lowball estimate and subtract the number of service personnel and all branches of law enforcement from his number and there are still tens of millions left on our side.

Exactly. And how long do you think that would play well on the nightly news when it was taking place here, in the United States? Talk about losing the battle of hearts and minds, they would loose it the first night the military started shooting civilians.

So my entire point, don't give them a reason to label you a domestic enemy, and that's 95% of this war won...

I am not worried about some label, they already know I own firearms.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Suburban Conneticut (example) is nothing like the Jungle...

Exactly, they cannot carpet bomb suburbia.

The ghettos in Queens are nothing like the Tora Bora mountains...

No, but it is close to Mosul.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

*sigh*

Because the Afghan, Iraqi and North Vietnamese governments had so much to offer in regards assistance.

Do you realize that Al Qaeda numbers only around 25,000 worldwide and they were able to stymie the United States military? Now think about what MILLIONS of well armed Americans can do in an asymmetrical situation. Take Beezer's lowball estimate and subtract the number of service personnel and all branches of law enforcement from his number and there are still tens of millions left on our side.

Exactly. And how long do you think that would play well on the nightly news when it was taking place here, in the United States? Talk about losing the battle of hearts and minds, they would loose it the first night the military started shooting civilians.

I am not worried about some label, they already know I own firearms.

Exactly!!!

They already know my POV.

Why would I hide it?

Let them try it.

In the first week their losses would make any further attempts pointless.

They know the score.

They have the high ground.

We have the numbers.

And BTW, the high ground is full of our guys, since they will be in our back yards.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: seeker1963

I will gladly give my weapon over to any Progressive that feels so unsafe and so convinced in their belief that THEY are willing to show their conviction by putting THEIR LIFE on the line! *wink*

It sounds like your saying that you'd hand your weapon over to any police officer who asked for it.

Just phrasing my words in a manner to as not be construed at being a domestic terrorist......But still abiding by the Constitution, which I already realize has put me on the SPLC terrorist watch list?

Sad day America when talking about the Constitution means walking on egg shells?
edit on 21-6-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join