It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self/natural-EVP sounds like coming from a radio...and I'm not using any electrical device!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I could sometimes hear EVP using my own natural abilities, ESP maybe, without technology.

Ironically, they sound exactly like as if coming from a radio. Sometimes it sounds badly tuned and I could hear static with the sound or sometimes, it randomly gets weaker and then stronger.

It is affected by local weather phenomenon and dust storms can easily affect it just like radio.

I could sometimes hear my relatives who are still living. Often, I'd hear their conversation from the future.

Sometimes, I'll hear music that I never heard of. Not alien or strange in nature, I simply never heard of it, probably it's playing from another country or from the future. Sometimes I could even make out the lyrics. It sounds just like modern music and can be jazz, rock, or pop music.

I only have one problem. I seem to have a huge problem recalling what I hear. I am especially interested in the music. I could possibly write down the lyrics next time it happens but remembering the tunes will be the biggest problem.

The worst thing I ever heard sounds like a loud gunshot which promptly disconnects the EVP link.

Is this really how EVPs are supposed to be even if I"m hearing them with my own mind?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Is this really how EVPs are supposed to be even if I"m hearing them with my own mind?

I would call it thinking not hearing
edit on 21/6/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I hear white noise and DTMF type sounds in my head, but that's tinnitus from years of loud music and guns. At least that's what the voices in my head tell me lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That is known as "clairaudience".

CLAIRAUDIENCE

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

First: are you on any medication?
Second: how much sleep do you get per night?
Third: has this always happened or is this a new thing for you?

I'd be careful about trying to do this kind of thing, good sir. I think it's mainly your imagination--but you probably are picking up on real things because you have a connection with those people. But I would caution you to be wary of what you hear and to not get too over-involved. You have to remain grounded.

With the static, it almost sounds like you might be talking about energy. Radiant aether--you should look into it.

I personally have always seen energy/aether. I also have spiritual discernment. I also have a pretty good intuition and I feel things from places and people. I think it's called clairsentience or something. Anyways, they don't intrude upon my life (besides giving me panic attacks sometimes if like all of a sudden the 'feel' of the day changes if that makes sense). They (my gifts) help me when the situation is right. It just happens and I don't actively try to do anything. But, I will admit I've messed around (when bored) and tried to do things like group all the energy together/make it change colors/move differently/make pictures with it--but that's just natural I think because I've always seen it (I used to think everyone could but apparently not). So basically what I'm saying is you can affect it because you are also energy.

Alls the energy is is 'reality' it is also 'time'. There are layers upon layers of it. Each particle moves infinitely--which is the vibration. Each particle also gives off its own radiance which is like all colors but none at the same time. It makes up everything--everything. From what you see to what you feel to what you dream and what you imagine. It contains all possibilities and all memories. I think awareness of it comes from being imaginative--being able to think for long periods of time without interruption. Einstein explained it way better than I can.

Since you don't sound like you're doing that, I think you should be careful. I've only ever heard the kind of things you speak of when I am totally sleep-deprived and zoning out. It could be due to being in a hypnogogic state (ie audio hallucinations. but hallucinations are 'real' because they actually occur. if you're interested in learning more read Hallucinations by Dr. Oliver Sacks.)

I do not however get random voices or anything like that. I can imagine them in my head if I want but I can't hear them and I know it's just me making it up. Sometimes I do get 'feelings' or like I'll randomly have a thought pop into my head that seems to answer my question. I think it is Wisdom at work. And because I am always skeptical, I am able to figure out if it is true or not. Does it cause you distress? If so it can't be from anything good.

If you believe in god, then pray about it because you might have gifts. I do not think that you should keep trying to hear these things though. Especially if you aren't a believer in god. Nothing good can come from it.

Hearing spirits was common in antiquity. That is why having discernment is so important. If you do not have discernment then you are in danger and should proceed with extreme caution.

Anyway, I really appreciate your honesty OP and you sound like you're sane. So that's good. Just be smart and always question where it comes from. s/f

edit on 21-6-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To OP, get your android phone, download a "gauss meter" and scan your walls at home, all of them, at all hieghts
i found a link between my hearing voices and high gauss from walls.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo
Interesting

gauss, unit of magnetic induction in the centimetre-gram-second system of physical units. One gauss corresponds to the magnetic flux density that will induce an electromotive force of one abvolt (10-8 volt) in each linear centimetre of a wire moving laterally at one centimetre per second at right angles to a magnetic flux. One gauss corresponds to 10-4 tesla (T), the International System Unit. The gauss is equal to 1 maxwell per square centimetre, or 10−4 weber per square metre. Magnets are rated in gauss. The gauss was named for the German scientist Carl Friedrich Gauss. Before 1932 the name was applied to the unit of magnetic-field strength now called the oersted, and it is sometimes still used in this sense (e.g., the Earth may be said to have a magnetic-field strength of about one gauss). [www.britannica.com...]

What kind of house do you have? Is it old or newer? Do you have any information about a connection between this and audio hallucinations? I cannot find anything that backs that up.

edit: besides this old thread on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but then, on that same old thread, there's this which I agree with:

originally posted by: abecedarian

Originally posted by monetaryprotest
reply to post by abecedarian

From looking at the scientific experiments, I get the impression that the magnetic fields are affecting the neurons in the brain directly, rather than affecting the ear.

Here's an experiment showing an effect on a single mollusk neuron. The frequency they used, 8.34 Hz is quite close to the frequency of the human alpha brainwave and the Schumann resonance.

From your link:

... electromagnetic fields (8.34 and 217 Hz) utilized in cell phones....

First thing I see is bad data. That frequency modulation may have been used on analog cell phones but current air-interface standards are trending towards digital encoding and spread-spectrum. Cell phones do not operate at those frequencies and in fact they operate between 700-910 MHz and 1710-2150 MHz. Notice the MHz? That's megahertz, not hertz. 8.34 Hz is just below the range of human hearing and 217 Hz is just below 1st C below middle C, if I remember properly. And it's a 'mussel' not a 'muscle' involved.

Still, I stand by what I was alluding to: that if the magnetic field strength was strong enough to influence anything within the auditory portions of the head- ears, brain... simple electromagnets placed in proximity to the ears or head should be sufficient to induce an auditory response as those electromagnets will obviously exhibit higher gauss readings than the ambient.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Additionally I found this which I think is very helpful for those of you unfamiliar with audio hallucinations (again, check out Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks)

Auditory hallucinations feature prominently in many psychiatric disorders. It has been estimated that approximately 75% of people with schizophrenia experience auditory hallucinations. These hallucinations are also relatively common in bipolar disorder (20% to 50%), in major depression with psychotic features (10%), and in posttraumatic stress disorder (40%).

Not all auditory hallucinations are associated with mental illness, and studies show that 10% to 40% of people without a psychiatric illness report hallucinatory experiences in the auditory modality.

A range of organic brain disorders is also associated with hallucinations, including temporal lobe epilepsy; delirium; dementia; focal brain lesions; neuroinfections, such as viral encephalitis; and cerebral tumors.

Intoxication or withdrawal from substances such as alcohol, coc aine, and amphetamines is also associated with auditory hallucinations. Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are especially common in healthy individuals and occur during the period of falling asleep or waking up. The frequency of these experiences in the general population may be evidence of the existence of a symptomatic continuum, which ranges from subclinical experiences of psychosis to full-blown psychotic episodes with severe, unwanted, and intrusive symptoms.

The phenomenological characteristics of auditory hallucinations differ on the basis of their etiology, and this can have diagnostic implications. People without mental illness tend to report a greater proportion of positive voices, a higher level of control over the voices, less frequent hallucinatory experiences, and less interference with activities than people who have a psychiatric illness.

There is also evidence that delusion formation may distinguish psychotic disorders from nonclinical hallucinatory experiences.9 In other words, the development of delusions in people with auditory hallucinations significantly increases the risk of psychosis when compared with individuals who have hallucinations but not delusions.

By contrast, characteristics of auditory hallucinations that are thought to be more indicative of psychosis include:
• Higher frequency of hallucinatory experiences
• Localization of voices outside the head
• Greater linguistic complexity
• Greater emotional response
• The extent to which patients believe that other people share this experience

Because of the multiple causes of auditory hallucinations, physicians must take care to obtain detailed histories from the patient, to assess for mood and psychotic symptoms, and to obtain collateral information. Laboratory tests and brain scans can also offer further clues to the underlying cause of the hallucinations.

- See more at: www.psychiatrictimes.com...

Meaning, it can definitely be spiritual. But it could also be a whole lot of other things. And because I don't know you I can't say for sure what is causing it. You know yourself best.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

i measured first last week, my north wall measured 80+uT using the gauss meter set to tesla. I put together tinfoil strips with silver bead wire wrapped around, taped them to the wall, then i cut a canvas shopping bag. made a tinfoil fold bowl shape, painted zinc pyrithion shampoo on the foil placed in the bag and took clear rubber tube, and silver bead wire tied around also in the bag. today i measured it was down 20uT points staying at 60uT. So i know my blocking materials are having an effect. And the voices i was hearing have been gone for the most part since wednsday/thursday.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Ironically, they sound exactly like as if coming from a radio.

Oh, how bizarre I read this. No more than a couple of hours ago, I had a note in my pocket reminding me to search the internet to see if radio waves are being received by remote viewers. With that said, I'd be willing to bet that you may be predisposed to interpret things of that nature. You Lucky Duck.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That is known as "clairaudience".

CLAIRAUDIENCE

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
I'd be careful about trying to do this kind of thing, good sir. I think it's mainly your imagination--but you probably are picking up on real things because you have a connection with those people. But I would caution you to be wary of what you hear and to not get too over-involved. You have to remain grounded.

With the static, it almost sounds like you might be talking about energy. Radiant aether--you should look into it.

I personally have always seen energy/aether. I also have spiritual discernment. I also have a pretty good intuition and I feel things from places and people. I think it's called clairsentience or something. Anyways, they don't intrude upon my life (besides giving me panic attacks sometimes if like all of a sudden the 'feel' of the day changes if that makes sense). They (my gifts) help me when the situation is right. It just happens and I don't actively try to do anything. But, I will admit I've messed around (when bored) and tried to do things like group all the energy together/make it change colors/move differently/make pictures with it--but that's just natural I think because I've always seen it (I used to think everyone could but apparently not). So basically what I'm saying is you can affect it because you are also energy.

Alls the energy is is 'reality' it is also 'time'. There are layers upon layers of it. Each particle moves infinitely--which is the vibration. Each particle also gives off its own radiance which is like all colors but none at the same time. It makes up everything--everything. From what you see to what you feel to what you dream and what you imagine. It contains all possibilities and all memories. I think awareness of it comes from being imaginative--being able to think for long periods of time without interruption. Einstein explained it way better than I can.

Not on medication of any kind, in fact, I aced all my physical, psychological and IQ exams. I was physically, psychologically, and mentally fit as an astronaut (not astro-nut!) literally speaking.

In fact I don't take any pharmaceutical product, no herbs, no medication, illegal drugs of any kind.

I could also hear strange people, not just relatives. I could sometimes even hear the background noise like if I'm particularly hearing people speaking in the lobby of a hotel...

So I don't think I'm hearing from dead people at all. Most of the time, I hear people go about their daily activities. Sometimes I hear music I never heard before.. But otherwise, Earthly music, maybe 2016 top 100 billboard music probably I'm hearing music from the near future.

My only confirmation they are real is because it is easily interrupted by dust storms. It usually goes interrupted in ADVANCE of the dust storm. So during one of these "remote hearing" and if it goes interrupted. I'd actually hear a loud shriek like a woman screaming in anger and then everything ends in static and eventually, complete silence. Several minutes give or take, the dust storm will hit. So yea it acts as some sort of dust storm advanced warning.

I know nothing of rituals to induce it. It just comes to me naturally. I am also naturally clairvoyant but this ability doesn't happen whenever I wanted it. It just comes unexpectedly. But in most prediction cases, they were trivial and unimportant, just predicting the daily activities, nothing big to change history.

Yes, I have highly advanced imagination skills. I'm an engineer, inventor, a bit of a programmer, and an artist. I actually design most of my inventions purely in my head and it is highly detailed and 3D. I rarely write things down for security/secrecy purposes. I recall my memories in vivid detail and also in 3D.

I could even "run" 3D simulations of chaotic systems in my head in slow motion in my attempts to naturally induce order in chaotic systems in one of my invention. This is way faster than crunching formulas on paper and I could actually quickly find faults in my concepts.

I sometimes feel like a machine. I value life greatly because it must be extremely lonely to be alone and life is without a purpose without others to care for. I have a good feeling about AI - Artificial Intelligence that it might strive to achieve the same goal.
edit on 22-6-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
I could sometimes hear EVP using my own natural abilities, ESP maybe, without technology.

Ironically, they sound exactly like as if coming from a radio. Sometimes it sounds badly tuned and I could hear static with the sound or sometimes, it randomly gets weaker and then stronger.

It is affected by local weather phenomenon and dust storms can easily affect it just like radio.

I could sometimes hear my relatives who are still living. Often, I'd hear their conversation from the future.

Sometimes, I'll hear music that I never heard of. Not alien or strange in nature, I simply never heard of it, probably it's playing from another country or from the future. Sometimes I could even make out the lyrics. It sounds just like modern music and can be jazz, rock, or pop music.

I only have one problem. I seem to have a huge problem recalling what I hear. I am especially interested in the music. I could possibly write down the lyrics next time it happens but remembering the tunes will be the biggest problem.

The worst thing I ever heard sounds like a loud gunshot which promptly disconnects the EVP link.

OP we already told you you probably have schizophrenia and should consult. Stop posting thread saying you are cursed, visited by your future self, the antichrist, hearing voices.

Get some help pronto.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

All my threads here in Paranormal Studies are about the paranormal, thus, in line with this section...

But you sir find it strange... hmmm.. In my very wise, indisputable, and yet very humble analysis, I think you're the one who needs to seek professional help, and I mean now!!!

edit on 23-6-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't call any of your analyses humble.
Bully for you for being so special! Hope you get whatever it is you need.

"Yes, I have highly advanced imagination skills. I'm an engineer, inventor, a bit of a programmer, and an artist. I actually design most of my inventions purely in my head and it is highly detailed and 3D. I rarely write things down for security/secrecy purposes. I recall my memories in vivid detail and also in 3D."

edit on 23-6-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
I wouldn't call any of your analyses humble.
Bully for you for being so special! Hope you get whatever it is you need.

"Yes, I have highly advanced imagination skills. I'm an engineer, inventor, a bit of a programmer, and an artist. I actually design most of my inventions purely in my head and it is highly detailed and 3D. I rarely write things down for security/secrecy purposes. I recall my memories in vivid detail and also in 3D."

NO, I'm not special and bully. I'm simply very frustrated because I'm not able to use any of my gifts in any realistic manner.

My cognitive abilities shot through the roof in recent times for unexplained cause but I can't go back to school anymore...

I have to do something incredibly radical to get myself started, thinking, thinking, thinking.....

top topics

join