It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Facts website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

With so many firearms related topics floating around the past couple days I decided it was time I share this website that has been a wonderful resource to me in learning more about gun facts, studies, and common misconceptions. I have even used this website to research for various school papers.

Gun Facts website

When you open the link, on the bottom right side it will ask you how you want to open the document. I usually do Screen Version so you can look at it in the web browser. I have noticed FireFox downloads it to pdf though. There is also the large red bar running through the middle of the page with various gun topics. You can always just click on them for info, but the pdf version gives you all of it in a booklet form.

They try to keep the document fairly up to date when new data comes in.

My point in posting this is not for debate. I have realized how helpful it has been for me and just wanted to pass it on to others who might also use it as a tool.
edit on AMSun, 21 Jun 2015 10:32:58 -070062015Sunday2172015615 by ArnoldNonymous because: added info

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Facts don't matter. Gun control is debated like religion. It would be nice to discuss the facts, but even the facts are in question because the laws we actually have are not enforced. Unfortunately we have a situation where people are wanting more regulations when the current regulations are not enforced.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
exactly, people dont often like to let the truth stand in the way of a good story now a days!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Unfortunately we have a situation where people are wanting more regulations when the current regulations are not enforced.

Gotta be some kind of clue.

More regulation means less freedom.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice one, here is another Gun facts website.

CLICK ME
edit on 21-6-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

because the laws we actually have are not enforced.

True.
I remember years ago Pennsylvania passed a law that any crime committed with a gun would be punished by a mandatory 5 years in prison. I was familiar with a piece of trash that committed a crime with a gun shortly after the law went into effect. He was arrested, plead guilty and was put on probation. No 5 years in jail.
edit on b000000302015-06-21T11:51:02-07:0011America/PhoenixSun, 21 Jun 2015 11:51:02 -07001100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I have noticed FireFox downloads it to pdf though.

In Firefox, click on the 3 horizontal bars icon in the upper right corner of the browser. > Options > Applications > scroll down to "portable document format" > double-click in the right column across from "portable document format", and select how you want Firefox to handle PDF's.

Thanks for the link.

edit on 6/21/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its possible...Its possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A very biased site. 'Facts' actually require information from both sides of any given argument, not just those 'facts' which support your viewpoint.

The owner of the site:

www.betterwhois.com...

Also runs this gem:

freethinkersmedia.com...

That say about them (him) selves:

Free Thinkers Media is dedicated to changing the way people think, especially when they don't want to.

Regardless of media or genre, the message remains. We challenge conventional thinking to push humanity toward new horizons.

We at Free Thinkers Media have editorial biases that are clearly libertarian and philosophical. Our fiction has explored painfully alternate explains of the alleged afterlife and hastened the end of entire political movements.

FACTS on all sides of an issue are required in order to make rational decisions. If you receive only biased 'facts' you are being LIED to. Free thinking implies 1: knowledge of the FACTS and 2: awareness of bias (yours and others) and 3: freedom from outside influence. An ideal to be certain but worthy of pursuit.

A definition of Free Thinker:

ffrf.org...

What Is A Freethinker? - By Dan Barker

free-think-er n. A person who forms opinions about religion on the basis of reason, independently of tradition, authority, or established belief. Freethinkers include atheists, agnostics and rationalists.

No one can be a freethinker who demands conformity to a bible, creed, or messiah. To the freethinker, revelation and faith are invalid, and orthodoxy is no guarantee of truth.

How do freethinkers know what is true?

Clarence Darrow once noted, "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose."
Freethinkers are naturalistic. Truth is the degree to which a statement corresponds with reality. Reality is limited to that which is directly perceivable through our natural senses or indirectly ascertained through the proper use of reason.

Reason is a tool of critical thought that limits the truth of a statement according to the strict tests of the scientific method. For a statement to be considered true it must be testable (what evidence or repeatable experiments confirm it?), falsifiable (what, in theory, would disconfirm it, and have all attempts to disprove it failed?), parsimonious (is it the simplest explanation, requiring the fewest assumptions?), and logical (is it free of contradictions, non sequiturs, or irrelevant ad hominem character attacks?).

Always - check your sources.

edit on 21-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

This is a anti-gun site, not balanced as they claim to be. They just have links and articles about antigun groups and stories. Hope they add johnlott.org to their list, but they won't.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

Anti gun or not, all their links to Gun incidents are facts, and they are all there broken down in detail and a link to a news coverage of the incident with more details.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here's the ONE simple gun fact you need to know.

CRIMINALS, by their very definition, will NOT be thwarted by gun laws, because they (as criminals) do not follow the law!

This isn't a debatable issue, it's a very clear definition.

top topics

join