It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Where do you live?

What country!

Because to bitch about the US and not divulge your country of origin is dishonest and deceptive!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

If everyone packed, these murder sprees would end expeditiously.

Try and complete the following sentences.

If guns are outlawed, _______________.

"....and especially for you Mr. Gore, _______________.

And for those who fear weapons,
I leave you with a quote:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: [post=19476623]9teen

These nut jobs you refer to target places that don't have guns

Solution:
Guns are at all places.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I use KNIVES in close they work better and faster than guns.
MACHO is a bar fight ONLY or a boxing /martial arts tournament.
I didn't SAY superhuman I SAID PTSD.
Perhaps once you LEARN a bit about the earth around you,you'd know about these things called WARS and REFLEXES that are increased as a result.
I don't get to find out until it's over with on any situation RUNNING AWAY makes a GREAT call for any victim.
I 'm NOT one of those.
Ain't no MEN who are thugs any way just overgriown CHILDREN who never adapted.
edit on 21-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah...then empty all the kitchens of the country of knives, bars and homes of alcohol, close all the roads of cars so no one drives into crowds...change and make laws on that too.

I don't really have an opinion on American gun laws but this argument has to be the most idiotic one I have heard, if people can't debate it sensibly without coming out with nonsense like this then your never going to get anywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Are you serious. How is me not mentioning my country dishonest or deceptive. Do you understand the eating of those two words. You could use that if I told you a false country. You are priceless my friend, a rare jewel. I've said London many times.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Can you lot see this. Is he one drugs/steroids I'm not sure. I don't think you understand the point of using capitals, it's to emphasise a point, not just random words. You've done it in every post . Your not even debating. Please stop whatever your taken for you families sake plz.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

I think the quote is far more applicable if you change the word FEAR to DESIRE, all you need to do is read most "pro gun" people's posts.. (Dunno why in america it's always us vs them).

Solution is guns in all places. Unfortunately you are displaying the last part of your quote, whether you realise it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

That is all.

There are gun controls laws in Switzerland. That is all.

It's a fallacy to claim "gun control" = "gun grabbing".

Gun lovers use fallacies really well. You want automatic weapons prohibited like in Switzerland? Of you course you don't. This post is nothing but hypocrisy.

Really the US could learn a thing or two from Switzerland about gun control.

Apply these laws in the US if you think you can do like the Swiss:

Generally prohibited arms are:

Automatic firearms such as machine guns, etc.

In order to purchase most weapons, the purchaser must obtain a weapon acquisition permit, in accordance with Article 8 of the Law. Swiss citizens over the age of 18 who are not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems, and who have a clean criminal record can request such a permit.

The following information must be provided to the cantonal weapon bureau together with the weapon application form:

valid offical identification or passport copy
residence address
criminal record copy not older than 3 months

edit on 22-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Port Arthur smacks completely of a psyop meant to remove guns from Australia.

Probably best leaving the psyop angle alone much the same as Sandy Hook is off limits although i will admit Bryant appeared to be a remarkable shot for someone with a 68 IQ , servant like perhaps .

Alaskans would become quick work for bears.

Guns were not eliminated here and i am sure if we had bears banging on our back doors you would be allowed a gun . My brother in law is a farmer and he has several guns .

But when its all said and done i think America is way past the point of having an Australian style buy back . It just wont work , you would have more steel buried in backyards than you have in your iron ore mines , reported gun thefts would go through the roof and life would not be to pleasant for those tasked with collecting guns . Perhaps you need to look at your no gun zones , it seems like a lot of these shootings are happening in places that might be viewed as soft targets . I dont have the answer to the mass murders that seem to be happening more frequently . Maybe make it compulsory to carry obove the age of 18 unless you have a permit NOT to carry . No answers , lots of questions .

edit on 22-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

If your directing that at my reply and not the thread...then I've been misunderstood.

Open and maintain discussion and debate. We US gun owner support rights and regulation and laws governing sale, transfer, ownership, concealed and open carry carry laws that exist...and support them.

We as a whole...abide by them in our daily lives. We need a way to enforce current laws...not banning or adding....but enforcing those we have.

Thanks....

MS
edit on 22-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: no coffee......

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I suppose Americans more that most others realise that a knee jerk reaction rarely achieves anything of use, and tends to put your leg out more than anything else.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I have to laugh, guns are the root of all evil in the US, we need laws, we need to scrape the constitution, we need Obama to keep making pretty speeches on the evilness of gun rights.

But how come nobody here brings the issue of how Americans are been killed by the thousands on other none gun related issues that are brought to us by our own government oversight and by the greed of corporatism

Yes, nobody cares that in America every year, people died by prescribed approved by the government prescribed drugs, do you see Obama making speeches on the 450,000 people that succumb to drug related incidents and death in the nation? and they are all been approved by the FDA

Yes, guns are the real danger to government Tyranny that is why we got the government complaining about guns at every turn.

Is ok, to have the government approved vaccines kill an average of 26,000 babies a year because is not gun related.

The hypocrisy and the incredible irony.

www.nvic.org...

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

That is all.

Gun lovers use fallacies really well. You want automatic weapons prohibited like in Switzerland? Of you course you don't. This post is nothing but hypocrisy.

In order to purchase most weapons, the purchaser must obtain a weapon acquisition permit, in accordance with Article 8 of the Law. Swiss citizens over the age of 18 who are not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems, and who have a clean criminal record can request such a permit.

The following information must be provided to the cantonal weapon bureau together with the weapon application form:

residence address

UH, machine guns are all but prohibited in the US and the Swiss have a full auto capable assault rifle in every home. The Swiss actually have much more access to full auto than the average US citizen.

In the US you also have to have ID and and valid address and a criminal background check to buy a gun in a gun store.

US laws and Swiss laws are actually very similar with some looseness in some areas and more restrictions in others.

Its hard to compare guns laws in the US with other countries when you obviously do not know the gun laws in the US.
edit on 22-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

Like in most US states, Swiss acquisition licenses are just for handguns, not long arms. We call them "pistol purchase permits." Like in the US, these only apply to dealer purchases, not individuals.

The acquisition license is required only if a weapon is acquired from a dealer. No license is required for transactions between private individuals.

www.loc.gov...

Before 1999, there was actually LESS gun control in Switzerland than in the US and it still had the lowest murder rate in Europe, but after the Yugoslavian civil war, hysteric EU countries pressured the Swiss into changing their laws so now they are similar to that of the US and they still have the lowest murder rate in Europe.
edit on 22-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

residence address

Appears almost identical to United States laws, guess we just need to enforce them better.

edit on 22-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Better to have your authority figurers lead by example...most US cops tend to draw their weapons as a first resort rather than a last resort...an armed robbery sure, the gun come out as expected, but increasingly US cops are drawing and firing their guns to kill unarmed teenagers, unarmed people running from them and refusing to stop, people's pets being shot for doing their duty protecting the property, innocent old men watering their lawns with watering hoses, unarmed OAP's being shot through vehicle windows at point blank range for driving off when told to stay put, unarmed teen drivers shot and killed for being lippy to a cop...the list obviously goes on, but this is the example being set to the average American...is it really any wonder when the public begin to follow suit and emulate the behaviour of those supposed to be setting the correct example?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Almost? Then why are Americans mad when there are mention of prohibiting automatic weapons and restricting sales in case of psychiatric background?

This is exactly what gun control proponents are asking.

Once again, more gun control =/= gun grabbing so why all the butthurt reactions when mentioning gun control laws?
edit on 22-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Then why are Americans mad when there are mention of prohibiting automatic weapons and restricting sales in case of psychiatric background?

You cannot purchase an automatic weapon at a gun store and there is already a portion of the application dealing with pyschiatric issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Almost? Then why are Americans mad when there are mention of prohibiting automatic weapons and restricting sales in case of psychiatric background?

This is exactly what gun control proponents are asking.

Once again, more gun control =/= gun grabbing so why all the butthurt reactions when mentioning gun control laws?

Probably because most anti-gun rights people such as yourself cannot tell the difference between automatic (already largely illegal without special federal licensing and has been since the NFA of 1934) and semi-automatic.

It is hard to respond positively to someone who wants to ban something they know nothing about.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

That is all.

residence address

Could you point out the differences in US gun laws? Other than Full auto can be had with more stringent checks and lots of money, it all sounds very similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join