It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Shamrock6
Don't care if you abolish guns or not, just highlighting a clear problem. Your repeating the same comments I criticised earlier, I will shoot the bogeyman before he gets me. Please people (not just you) stop the old I will shoot them first. Criminal attacks are often suprise attacks. You are assuming you will wake up at their presence. You know this not to be true.

Criminal attacks are often surprise attacks? You know a great deal about crime... are you just trying to talk us out of guns so you can rob us?

Gotta believe you're a troll now. Have a GREAT life... I wish you the best. I REALLY hope you have nothing but clear skies in your future. You are a gem and the world is better for having you in it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Generally speaking, home invasions aren't exactly quiet and subtle... They rely on shock and surprise. There are exceptions, of course.

The one home invader I encountered had a sledge hammer to break in the door...not very subtle. I saw him in time, and pulled out my revolver and showed it to him, didn't have to aim it, or yell "make my day"...he got the message, and left. My recurring nightmare is what if he'd been at my sisters place where my niece lives? He was a big kid, only slightly smaller than myself...I doubt he'd have been deterred by a teenage girl brandishing a broom. A teenage girl with a revolver who knows how, and more importantly when, to use it is something else entirely.

There are valid reasons to have a firearm. No one forces anyone to have a firearm. If y'all don't want one, that's fine. Allow me that same choice.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

So those of us with guns should stop our rhetoric but you get to keep yours?

I guess we should be thankful we have people around to tell us what to think and how to think it, and what we're allowed to say in a debate and what we're not.

Seems legit.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I wish there was a system that these fruity anti gunners could sign up for and if anything bad ever happened to them it would send an alert so we could all have great schadenfreude

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I apologize for the illegal paste. But I thought the article was so vital to this issue I wanted it read with all the nuances.

But I'm amazed at the lack of answering the statistics of the article.

I just read the selfish and self-centered grumblings of people who don't want to contribute to the solution so are part off the problem.

You could have your guns all what’s asked of you is a little reasonable forbearance and control like they do with cars, at least.

edit on 21-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Will, perhaps I missed it, but what do you think should be new gun laws?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed the article I posted, so I'll post it again.

www.popsci.com...

Laws are passed after shootings. Perhaps not as many as you would like? But they're still passed. There are numerous gun laws in place already. The solution is not piling on more laws to make things "extra, extra illegal" but enforcing the ones on the books. Closing loopholes in laws that already exist, not creating entirely new laws that still don't address the loopholes in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

32000 a year die from guns in America 60 per cent are suicides,3 per cent accidents and the rest homicides about 75 per cent of which are hand guns the truth sir most people accept these numbers as part and parcel of the package the Charlton Heston types could not care if the figure was 320000 or 3200000 they need those guns to fight the M1 abrams tanks,apache gunships,warthogs and tactical nuclear weapons of the government if it ever goes rogue and of course the only solution to a nut with a gun is the scene in Reservoir Dogs where everyone has a gun.
edit on 21-6-2015 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I don’t know I’m not an expert. I think they should look at the statistics in other countries where gun laws work and try to adapt what may work in the US.

Some countries have severe laws and some less severe.

A middle course may be good for this country.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

www.popsci.com...

Laws are passed after shootings. Perhaps not as many as you would like? But they're still passed. There are numerous gun laws in place already. The solution is not piling on more laws to make things "extra, extra illegal" but enforcing the ones on the books. Closing loopholes in laws that already exist, not creating entirely new laws that still don't address the loopholes in the first place.

War on Drugs, War on Guns, War on Racists, get where I am going? Nothing more that politicians pandering to those of us who they already tossed in the bin the day they were elected.

Most of us know your a LEO right? But yet it's those who lump all LEO's as murderers when a someone is killed that scream for gun control? Do they think you and yours are going to collect them?

Keyboard warriors! They want to take the guns? Volunteer! Show the world your convictions are so strong your willing to die for them! Same with politicians and anyone else who wants to wage war! Volunteer! Show your conviction and put your life on the line for what you believe in!

I know what I am willing to die for, do they?

Would the OP volunteer to take away a law abiding citizens guns? Probably not! But let's cry and scream for someone else to do our deeds?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

www.popsci.com...

Your article is kind of light in the ass frankly

All these gun laws proposed aren’t passed in law the article says

And all it recommends is the rethoric of more mental health attention eventhough the GOP cut mental health in this country severely and I doubt would put much money in it over this.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: beezzer

I don’t know I’m not an expert. I think they should look at the statistics in other countries where gun laws work and try to adapt what may work in the US.

Some countries have severe laws and some less severe.

A middle course may be good for this country.

Honest question;

Have new and ever increasing laws on drugs stopped the use/abuse of drugs?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

All right tough guy I imagine you love guns…good for you

Well Ive NEVER touched a gun im my life and am grateful for it and hope to God I never have to resort to one for any reason.

I am only questioning the debate and looking at this thread the anti-gun people seem to have the truth on their side

I wasn’t on either side until I read some posts in the thread

You forgot a war some folks in this country are fighting and causing the US to loose

That’s a war on common sense and honest debate

Btw I wrote much of the conspiracy theories that you espouse before you were born

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

www.popsci.com...

Your article is kind of light in the ass frankly

All these gun laws proposed aren’t passed in law the article says

And all it recommends is the rethoric of more mental health attention eventhough the GOP cut mental health in this country severely and I doubt would put much money in it over this.

Mental health should be cut! Good for the GOP! It's a joke!

Does a Pharmaceutical company get locked in the mental ward if their pill causes someone to lose it? Does the doctor who prescribes that pill suffer one bit? No! It's the patient, and trust me, spending a few days in the "bin" isn't a fun trip. So where is the incentive for a patient on these drugs to tell the truth?

MSM makes over 2 Billion dollars a year on advertising from the Pharmaceutical Industry! Take that along with the lobbying money our so called elected officials put in their election coffers and you want to blame GUNS?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't think I can do this anymore . I'm talking to immortal who can't be surprised. Good job your training has saved the lives of all your comrades. Shame others in military, FBI CIA didn't get the same training. Lucky you. And just incase your into reality, a coward can shoot you when your asleep, regardless how special you may be.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don’t know, maybe.

Im with the idea of stopping the war on drugs

Btw I didn’t advocate a war on guns, did I?

Just an honest objective debate on the issue

I know that’s too much to ask probably

People are too rigid on this issue

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
If a troll is someone with a different point of view, then yes I am a troll. And thankyou for your sarcasm, much appreciated.

link   

a reply to: seeker1963

All right tough guy I imagine you love guns…good for you

Well Ive NEVER touched a gun im my life and am grateful for it and hope to God I never have to resort to one for any reason.

I am only questioning the debate and looking at this thread the anti-gun people seem to have the truth on their side

I wasn’t on either side until I read some posts in the thread

You forgot a war some folks in this country are fighting and causing the US to loose

That’s a war on common sense and honest debate

Btw I wrote much of the conspiracy theories that you espouse before you were born

Tough guy?

Your the one wanting someone else to put their life on the line to please you? How is the truth making me a tough guy?

Seriously? For those who are so willing to create new laws or go to war for whatever crazy reason they have? Volunteer to show you truly believe in your words! Is that too hard to ask?

link   

I'm trying to be nice here.

You can agree that the war on drugs is a failure simply because laws won't change behavior, correct?

Perhaps we can extrapolate and use the same paradigm and promote education instead of just laws to curb the gross gun violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join