It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Airplanes Hijacked in Russia, one crashlands, other is heading for Moscow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I will be translating article from local news.

Early this morning two small airplanes were hijacked in Tjumen oblast in Russia according to ITAR-TASS. One of them crashlanded in Jaluturovsk airfield, the other one is still unaccounted for, although according to ITAR-TASS sources, it is heading for Moscow. All the airfields in Russia have been set at emergency alert level.

Article in Estonian: www.delfi.ee...
Russian article: tass.ru...

Hopefully, these are just some drunk jackasses, who did it, considering the fact these are small airplanes, as well as one did crashland already. Lets just the situation will calm down and no one dies in the situation and the second airplane also crashlands somewhere safely.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Wow if true this could be major!

Could be a dirty bomb? There is not a lot about this online, which means its either not true, or its not being covered

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It was a rather nice planet before the nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

good catch going to keep an eye on this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Geez, this could be the start of something
really big, so take in all the info you can
and screen shot the living **** outta this.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Must have reached Moscow by now or been shot down. Cant seem to find any additional info on the subject. You would think if true CNN and SKY news would be all over it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Lucky for Putin he isn't even in Moscow today....who else would be able to rebuild Mother Russia?

Also, side note, there was some sort of subway crash there that killed 22 and injured hundreds...because of a faulty switch? Am i the only one who doesnt buy that.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
News Flash…

Moscow in flames, missiles headed to New York. Film at eleven.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The small planes belonged to a Russian paramilitary air club - DOSAAF.

One of the planes, a Yak-52, was forced to crash-land due to technical reasons at the city of Yalutorovsk. The other small aircraft, GY-80-160, was still not traceable.

The occupant of the YAK - 52 was picked up by his accomplice in the stolen GY-80-160 before taking to the sky.

english.farsnews.com...

PIC of a GY-80-160.........

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

lol! i would love to see that get-away! they must be family with that kind of dedication.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Don't be too surprised if it hasn't. In the 70s/80s there was a kid that flew a light plane from Poland right into Moscow and landed in Red Square.

My details may be off as I am yet to have my morning coffee.

Edit to add:
Yes, I was a bit off.

ON A MILD SPRING DAY IN LATE MAY 1987, military analyst John Pike was at the U.S. embassy in Moscow on business when he looked out the window and saw a small airplane circling over Red Square. Gee, that’s peculiar, thought Pike. There’s no private aviation in the Soviet Union. Hell, there’s no private anything...

Rust meticulously planned his route and signed out a 1980 Cessna Skyhawk 172 from his flying club for three weeks. The four-seat airplane was equipped with auxiliary fuel tanks that boosted the aircraft’s range by 175 nautical miles to 750 nautical miles—range he would need in order to safely reach Reykjavik, and later Moscow.

The Notorious Flight of Mathias Rust
edit on 6/21/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional information.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maybe its repo men repossessing them for the bank…

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Two parts to this story bother me:

The occupant of the YAK - 52 was picked up by his accomplice in the stolen GY-80-160 before taking to the sky.

and

Lucky for Putin he isn't even in Moscow today....who else would be able to rebuild Mother Russia?

stolen aircraft now missing over Russia, do we know where this airplane went missing? that would give us an indication of flight time,

and that Putin isnt in Moscow, (if true) did he know and just popped out?

again not alot of news on this apart from the Ops links, this could be nothing....but........ if this goes sideways, i think it will go sideways big time,

also, with the recent war with Ukraine, some powerful weapons can go missing and not be noticed straight away

worrying times

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Maybe its repo men repossessing them for the bank…

they would be terrible as they crashed one of them, and if this was true, it would have a flight plan, ??

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Found this:

also timescale:

almost 10 hours!!, that is alot of land to cover

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

…they would be terrible as they crashed one of them..

Says "crash landed", pilot error not certain. 'Stealing' an airplane is risky, whatever the reason. Its not yours and may have maintenance issues that aren't readily apparent.

But "hijacking" to 'dirty bomb Moscow', sounds good, I agree.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: andy06shake

Don't be too surprised if it hasn't. In the 70s/80s there was a kid that flew a light plane from Poland right into Moscow and landed in Red Square.

My details may be off as I am yet to have my morning coffee.

Edit to add:
Yes, I was a bit off.

ON A MILD SPRING DAY IN LATE MAY 1987, military analyst John Pike was at the U.S. embassy in Moscow on business when he looked out the window and saw a small airplane circling over Red Square. Gee, that’s peculiar, thought Pike. There’s no private aviation in the Soviet Union. Hell, there’s no private anything...

Rust meticulously planned his route and signed out a 1980 Cessna Skyhawk 172 from his flying club for three weeks. The four-seat airplane was equipped with auxiliary fuel tanks that boosted the aircraft’s range by 175 nautical miles to 750 nautical miles—range he would need in order to safely reach Reykjavik, and later Moscow.

The Notorious Flight of Mathias Rust

He did never flight over Poland.

map: upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Maybe it's Snoopy going after Vlad the Red Baron ?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Also, side note, there was some sort of subway crash there that killed 22 and injured hundreds...because of a faulty switch? Am i the only one who doesnt buy that.

Similar to the train crashes in the US, and the nuclear submarine fire, for
Russia, and the sub hunting ship fire for Russia??

All accidents..

I can't help but agree..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Max range of the GY-80 is 590 miles. Max takeoff weight is under 2700 pounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join