It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed man flags down LAPD seeking help - they shoot him in the head and handcuffing him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
"Hand-rapped in towel" therefore he's gotta gun so shoot him in the head. Oh wait, he was unarmed.......

There's no winning. If your hand is wrapped in a towel you're concealing a weapon. If you don't wrap it the cops charge you with assault and damaging police equipment when you bleed on them.

This is why you never go to the police for any reason. If someone invades your home, shoots you, and you escape you are better off running to a hospital and hoping to make it there than you are calling the police for help.

originally posted by: mobiusmale
It is the gun culture...the proliferation of firearms within the general population (not to mention the near universal possession of "firepower" within the criminal community) that makes Police jumpy to begin with.

Then why do they shoot dogs? Because we might have a weapon they shoot first. Because the dog might bite they shoot first. Because the cat might scratch they shoot first. Do you see where this reasoning leads?

Because you might swing at them when they move in to handcuff you they shoot first.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Put this reply in the Predictions forum.
The powder keg is lit to pop in Brazoria County, Texas.
I know for a fact that there are Sheriff's deputies twacked to the gills on steroids and methamphetamine.
No good will come of this.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Is there no other source for this video besides twitter?? For those of us who do not have a twitter account, so cannot see the video being discussed here??

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: subfab

There has never, and will never be a good reason to shoot an unarmed person, who is not posing an immediate risk to the public, or an officers life. Since an unarmed man has to be within arms reach in order to be dangerous to anyone, using a gun to "control" the situation will always be the wrong thing to do.

we don't know what happened before the video started recording. if the suspect charged at the police then the suspect risks getting shot. if i was the police officer and a suspect attacks me (fully armed) then i would think about saving myself.

sometimes it is reasonable to shoot someone who is unarmed when they are attacking you. until we know the whole story we shouldn't jump to any conclusion.

is there corruption in our police force? yeah absolutely.
is the corruption as big as the media makes it out to be? most likely not.
did this officer shoot in self defense? i don't know.
could this officer have chosen a different way to handle the situation? maybe. we don't know what happened.

an unarmed person can cause physical harm and even death to another person.

i'm not defending the police i'm merely saying we need to know the whole chain of events to determine guilt or innocence.

some people on this thread are saying the police officer is guilty without due process of the law.
i don't agree with that way of thinking. everyone including the officer should have his day in court and judged by his peers and based on the facts in the case determine guilt or innocence.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

I seen the vid and im in the UK. Possibly it has been taken down due to its graphic nature and content?

The gist of it anyway is it shows the man lying on the ground face up with a bullet would to his head, completely incapacitated. Two officers are present and then one of them proceeds to turn him over on to his stomach, exposing the fact that the back of the victims head has been blown out, then proceeds to handcuff what i can only assume is a dead body.

Edit: Found vid on YouTube, warning graphic content.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/6/15 by JAK because: Graphic embedded video removed, replaced with link to external source

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Aye they certainly don't like to be filmed. How dare our citizenry require our Police force to actually carry out their job in the correct manner, fashion and to the letter the law.

The fact that our Police have any problem whatsoever with being filmed doing there job suggests to me that they don't know their arse from their elbow with regards as to there actual mandate and powers.

I have actual heard on one or two occasions of Police officers threatening to remove the phone and/or recording device they have been filmed with because its evidence. Thank god for the upload features we have available these days, else i strongly suspect most of the video evidence regarding police brutality would never come to light or miraculously disappear.
edit on 22-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is what you get in a Dictatorship!
Wake up america!

so if I have a broken arm in plaster.
and the cop says drop the gun?
I am DEAD ! ...

edit on 22-6-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Until the police wear 24/7 body cameras and it is a serious crime to disable or turn them off nothing will change and the police state will continue to rise. Also ticket writing revenue has become an industry of sorts that has become self fulfilling.......They now need this revenue to keep funded in many places. They no longer protect and serve but it is more geared towards control and enforcement in today's world. Also the police should not be able to form a union and this goes for any government employee. This also becomes self fulfilling over time and leads to huge social issues.

One last point the military grade gear is not needed except for very rare occasions. Back 20 years ago using SWAT was a rare occurrence today it is common practice.
edit on 22-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

But SubTruth, don't you see? Why else would Logan, a sleepy little mormon town north of me with a population of less than 50,000, which was recently ranked "Nation's Most Crime Free Area", need to use their fully armed swat team constantly since 1980?

Oh right, for all those non violent drug users.

/sigh

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Mandatory

Steroid

Testing

enough already

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
but...but...but....we need more information to see what he said before the video....

/sarcasm

How many times have we heard this?
edit on 22-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Mandatory

Steroid

Testing

enough already

What does steroids have to do with anything?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I have actual heard on one or two occasions of Police officers threatening to remove the phone and/or recording device they have been filmed with because its evidence. Thank god for the upload features we have available these days, else i strongly suspect most of the video evidence regarding police brutality would never come to light or miraculously disappear.

Had one of these happen here in lovely Kern County since I've been here. What cameras they didn't snatch at the scene they chased the people to their homes and forced entry and held the people there until they either gave up the phone or they got a warrant to take it.

And afterwards, the phones with good angles were all...blank. Go figure. eta: this even though the immediate accusation in the local news was that KCSO would immediately wipe all the phones they 'borrowed', which didn't happen. They only wiped the ones that had good angles on their beating the guy to death. So it's an improvement, in years past KCSO would have just crushed them all.

There ought to be apps that just network any phones that are close and share video between them when this sort of thing is going on, it would be faster than trying to upload it over LTE on the fly, and there would be too many copies of it to snatch.
edit on 22-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

It's most definitely screwed to hell and needs massive reform and retraining. It's maddening that this happens like every damn day and cops just freaking walk off with no charge.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
There ought to be apps that just network any phones that are close and share video between them when this sort of thing is going on, it would be faster than trying to upload it over LTE on the fly, and there would be too many copies of it to snatch.

It's a problem of bandwidth and identifying an emergency use. How many people do you think would record stupid # and use the network to send the video to everyone elses phone?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It's a problem of bandwidth and identifying an emergency use. How many people do you think would record stupid # and use the network to send the video to everyone elses phone?

The trick would be to use something like an adhoc wifi net to squirt the stream to other phones in the vicinity to use them as a sort of unconfiscatable buffering device. Because even with the on-the-fly uploading video programs, if the cop manages to smash the phone before it completes the upload, it's just gone. And even here in lovely Kern County, which you'd think would be up-to-date, the LTE sucks. It's way worse back home.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Put this reply in the Predictions forum.
The powder keg is lit to pop in Brazoria County, Texas.
I know for a fact that there are Sheriff's deputies twacked to the gills on steroids and methamphetamine.
No good will come of this.

Ohhh those are two good combos. Looks like meth finally found it's way to your backdoor. It's a party now!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Brucee

In addition, when customers queried Amazon’s decision to stop selling Confederate items via the company’s official website, they were told by another Amazon representative that the items were no longer available as a result of “federal law” and that Amazon was “instructed to remove all Confederate flags from sale.”

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The trick would be to use something like an adhoc wifi net to squirt the stream to other phones in the vicinity to use them as a sort of unconfiscatable buffering device. Because even with the on-the-fly uploading video programs, if the cop manages to smash the phone before it completes the upload, it's just gone. And even here in lovely Kern County, which you'd think would be up-to-date, the LTE sucks. It's way worse back home.

Well, you could make it so if you're on the video recording version of a 911 call (special emergency apps, that are later verified for improper use), you get increased network priority while filming. I can't imagine the network neutrality debates that would result in though. So lets just stay far away from that idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
No video so...what? Just say it happened?
a reply to: Brucee

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join