It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic priests exorcise the entire country of Mexico to drive out demons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i am by all means not arguing your point. more like agreeing

christian lobbyist.. I just laughed. I do get ur point very clearly..

it is what it is at this point.. faith can be what ever u want it to be
edit on 21-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I don't see a point in challenging anyones believe system

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I would be far more interested to understand what lead a priest who clearly knows what he is doing in this field to do such a public act.

GAY MARRIAGE is what done it!

Illinois bishop plans gay-marriage exorcism

So, next Wednesday, at about the same time Gov. Pat Quinn signs the gay marriage bill into law, Bishop Thomas Paprocki will hold an exorcism ceremony "in reparation for the sin of same-sex marriage."

Mexican Archbishops Perform National Exorcism, Blame Satan for Marriage Equality

These little public displays of pious ritualized outrage seem more like tantrums, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly
Making the world a better place, breaking down the barriers of segregation and isolationism, lead to a rationale thinking society with scientific progress a priority, unite in a common cause as a species, limit persecution, help devise better social economic policies for civilisation, emphasis on knowledge on facts instead of interpretation, relieve further generations of the burden of fantasy and hope, not waste time on this plain with the false notion of an afterlife ( nothing more precious than time), limit wars based on false teachings, take responsibilities for ones actions, help clarify our position in the universe, help new dicoveries often scuppered by "god did it" escapism and generally just improve the quality of life for all those that don't embrace a supernatural being. That's just 1 or 2 reasons I feel.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

Not daily mail source. .oh no. Shame not anyone thought to record these possessions for definitive proof( voice recordings easily fabricated based on previous hoaxes ). If and when I do see legitimate footage I would be the first to embrace/accept it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

is still don't understand the original post

I think u are saying there is something odd about the priest doing what he did. correct ?

It sounds like you are saying he did it wrong and will actually cause an opposing result that was originally intended.

like awaking more evil.. because a specific Demond was not addressed.

that is what I am reading. then question is why would he do that

or I am completely off

Basically I am saying what they attempted to do ...... did not and could not work. They knew this from the beginning. It was only ceremonial.

When reading the article it gave me the impression of the Pharisees during the times of Christ. Putting on a show for the town.

Anyone who has participated in an exorcism knows the proper procedures and an exorcism deals with a single human possession. A country can NOT be possessed with demons, a biological life can be possessed.

Now an Obsession or manifestation can occur in a non-biological "thing" and if so than the rite of exorcism is not needed or required.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My "god"! We're still living in the stone age!

The demons that need to be "exorcised", would be the Catholic church, who murdered many, and destroyed their history in the middle ages to bring "Jesus" to the heathens. There's a reason South America and Mexico speak Spanish today. All I see in this is the Catholic church holding a ritual to celebrate the many thousands of deaths they caused to destroy a civilization and empire, they saw as direct competition to Christianity.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't see a point in challenging anyones believe system

Ever seen the Matrix?

i am by all means not arguing your point. more like agreeing

And I'm sorry for being all preachy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

if things changed for the better we can say, we prayed about it. If they don't well then, Its Gods will.

My mother has heart trouble, maybe we can pray real hard and her heart will float to heaven, get repaired and returned to her chest.

No, its surgeons that will "fix it". I have a different idea about organized religion and their effectiveness. If they want to help directly, fine. Lend a hand.

And some surgeons are better than others as if.........blessed, right? And where did this come from?

No one (including me) personally knows God or his son, maybe we met him once or twice for a few minutes but never sat down and had a meal with him or a quick cup of coffee but if you pray to him and develop a one way relationship with him (you doing all the talking.....) soon you will see changes in your life.... positive ones and eventually you will see your prayers being answered crystal clear.

Give it a try.

Peace be upon you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

Not daily mail source. .oh no. Shame not anyone thought to record these possessions for definitive proof( voice recordings easily fabricated based on previous hoaxes ). If and when I do see legitimate footage I would be the first to embrace/accept it.

There are numerous papers around the world that reported this story. I just included the daily mirror, but the LA times along with New York Times published an article about this incident.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I have seen matrix..

give me your take on it.. very interesting you use that reference..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

agreed by all means..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For something definitive as this you would think recording it would lead to the greatest mesurable discovery ever. But no, don't worry, I'm sure everyone will believe our word.the possessed child would never be allowed to leave the hospital for scientific reasons.

It's alot like ufo's (which I believe in)...no DEFINITIVE proof.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

ok yes I thoughts so.

everybody in this thread is saying the same thing as you in different words.

beside possibly one person who posted the video.

or am I reading this wrong. it is your thread I kind of only want to ask you
additionaly if i make it personal.. it seems u should be the expert(?) what should have the priest done or shouldn't in this case(?)

thank u

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Check out other thread on religion, I've given many matrix/religion comparisons

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
Bravo to the priest.Not all catholics are bad..Getting a good vibe from Jose.

Did you know that demons are the serpent that tricked eve into eating from the forbidden tree?

The serpent has absolutly nothing to do with Lucifer who is gods son as well as Jesus.

These demons are called elohim.When excorcising them use this name not demons.

Dude your information is so wrong, I don't know where to start.

Demons are not called Elohim.

The creator has 72 official names...... read up on it. Study ancient Jewish beliefs including Kabbalah and both Talmuds. Kabbalah has much more to do than the tree of life.

You should not talk about things you do not understand.

I understand very well..Total bull the creator has one name only nice try demon.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
My "god"! We're still living in the stone age!

The demons that need to be "exorcised", would be the Catholic church, who murdered many, and destroyed their history in the middle ages to bring "Jesus" to the heathens. There's a reason South America and Mexico speak Spanish today. All I see in this is the Catholic church holding a ritual to celebrate the many thousands of deaths they caused to destroy a civilization and empire, they saw as direct competition to Christianity.
w

Does not mean the priest is evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

…and eventually you will see your prayers being answered crystal clear.

For me life isn't about getting what I ask for, more accepting what I get.

My moms heart trouble is a result of a life time of choices of her own making. We reap what we sow.

My choice is to attend her in her time of need.

As difficult as that is, it is what others need that we should see to.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer
To help you understand the term often used in the OT - ELOHIM

Psalms 82:6 and 7 - I have said, "Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most high." (7) But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes.

When people read a passage like this it is often misunderstood.

First - This statement was made from Jehovah to the Jewish people. If you are not an Israelite than this does not apply to you. I am a Gentile as you.

SECOND- Some people attempt to explain the phrase "ye are gods" to mean human beings can be gods equal to God in his essence. This is wrong and "god" (little "g") has been mistranslated. Elohim which is used of God refers to his office as a Judge and Diviner of justice. In the establishment of the office of judge in the OT, men were given the responsibility of representing this office of God. thus the usage of the term elohim would not be confusing to one who understands that the man merely represents Jehovah. In the above Psalm, however God is condemning those who had perverted justice and had abused their God-given privilege to hold office of a judge. The warning given in verse seven is that though they be "gods", though they hold this honorable office among mtn to rule over them as God's representative yet they are but men and will die like all other men.

So we are not gods ......... and Elohim is not the devil and it has nothing to do with demons.

Men chosen by God to hold his earthly office and judge.

Ha so you are saying the elohim which HAVE held power have done a great job at holding earthly office?
Look at the world around you ex elohim and tell me this is gods will.Oh and there is no more free will.Keep up with the deceit for ye shall be punished.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

I have seen matrix..

give me your take on it.. very interesting you use that reference..

The movie is a play on Plato's Cave, about waking up to realize we have been in error or misled. Its also about waking others, a responsibility to return the gift by helping others. Thats what Morpheus and Neo set about doing, right? Saving the world from the system they are enslaved to?

So. exposing falsehood and misinformation, enlightening others to the lies we see out there. All that notion of the main stream and the powers that be controlling everyone to do their bidding is reflected in the Matrix as Virtual reality tanks everyone is held in to drain them of their energy, while comforting their every need.

Another good movie about this is called "Network". Ever see that?

Oooh… highly recommended.

edit on 21-6-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join