It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans in a society just a fantasy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We're all animals. Nothing new there. The only difference with humans is our longterm memory really, otherwise how could we leanr all the things we need to learn? There can really only be one dominant species on hte planet and tha'ts precisely why we're alone and do not see other species exactly like us. We ate them. We destroyed them. All the "inferior" species now are just drifting, catching whatever crumbs we cast aside.

Sure there're some "smart" species like the dolphins, the birds (in general), the elephants, the monkeys and so on. But are they building rockets and send their own kind into earth orbit? Nope.

When we leave another species will rise up and take our place, given enough time passes and we don't sit our fat a***** back down on the planet.

Nobody knows the future. People have always attempted to prophecy, but inevitably we're clumsy as all hell with it. I respect the predictions by Arthur C Clarke, but even Sir Arthur was just a dressed up homo sapien.

So what am I saying? I'm saying we're already animals. We don't have to go back to being animals. There's no returning to a previous point. We're as perfect as we possibly can be at this moment. You can spin it a different way forever and desire better, but what's done is done.
edit on 22-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

what is ur choice..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

We are an animal no matter how you want to believe or not, species die and get extinct it's a normal way of life, but when we are the cause of an unbalanced way of life it becomes wrong, universe has a rule and it's called balance.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The AI will be the first human, we will always be a monkey.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Jesus

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

good choice

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

But Jesus call himself "The Son of Man"...

So how does that work if he calling himself a man, while other call him a god, where some humans believe they are God, while your claiming humans are just apes with a over used name, but yet Jesus has that cool title there that says he a man, or human, while everyones calling him God, when he probably an ape, and would agree with it...Or even forgive me for calling him "Son of Monkeys".
edit on 22-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Hanuman

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So, see you in hell in September?

Would you like it on the first at 11 am, or the 2nd at noon?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

U understand!!! 2nd at noon

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Not really, since you going by yourself, Im just gonna be laughing at Gods side...(O I said that)...

Kid, if you really believe in that September Judgement Day, then Pray to God as much as you can, because your gonna need him.

Bye Bye.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh well, didn't say I didn't warn you.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Have fun with your broken heart and faith
edit on 22-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

may I ask why are u on this forum? I am up for a genuine conversation
edit on 22-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

We are an animal no matter how you want to believe or not, species die and get extinct it's a normal way of life, but when we are the cause of an unbalanced way of life it becomes wrong, universe has a rule and it's called balance.

originally posted by: Temudjin

The AI will be the first human, we will always be a monkey.

So I understand you hate humans.

1. We don't follow hte balance.

2. We have a illusory self-image of being something more than a animal.

Our legacy is to embed into AI that which we cannot be ourselves. Or something... I struggle to understand your angle.

I've never thought of humans as perfect or ideal. I grew up hating us. I grew up thinking it was all going to hell. 12 years ago I read all those studies about how we were destroying nature and how the Anthropocene was the causative agent in the sixth massive extinction.

But I grew out of that. I can't say exactly how it happened. Maybe it's because I'm older than 30. Anyway, I think expectations are insane and people are afraid. Fears are rampant.

What I think is it's going to take a lot more than your stupid faith all is going to drmatically change in september. Humans are so much more than anybody wants to give credit for. It's going to take a lot more than AGW and an asteroid impact and global thermonuclear war. Believe it or not but there's no going back now. Humans arne't just going to roll over and die. YOu're naive, sir. Whoever you're. Only way you really get what you apparently want is if the whole world is destroyed. Sorry but nobody is going to be a hunter/gatherer if the world is destroyed. We'll be worm food, and that's assuming whatever destroys the planet is merciful and allows the worms to survive.

I don't have confident I'll be alive in a month or a year or a decade. I certainly won't be alive in 100 years. But I can tell you 100 years from now wealthy people will be actively traveling to earth orbit and possibly to the moon. If you can imagine people doing business in earth orbit or on the moon, as opposed to just exploring or researching for a government agency, you're on the right track. In 200 years we might be sending probes or people to other stars. The coutnries which exist today will still mostly be around in 200 years. Some things might be switched around, but the old ideals of the west and east shall still be there, even if hidden beneath something else. All of this is going to happen no matter what happens in my life, good or bad. The thing which gives me hope is no matter how bad things can seem in some corners of the world, humanity is still fundamentally hopeful and enduring and there're plenty of beuatiful children still being born to strong and respectable people.

So I reject your hate and return with a volley of hope. Seethe with rage sir. The hope is genuine. I'm being real right now.
edit on 22-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Logic and hope, but the ideals won't be there, time is what you make it. People don't grow out of it, they stop being afraid, when that happens natural habits gets extinct mainly cause of instincts of being a primate. A human are ideals nothing else. We can never be human, humanitarian or anything close to the imagination of what God or divinity is, you can strive for that goal but that takes a lot more effort than just writing I believe in humanity. I believe in humanity but I've lost faith in humans. Humans can travel to other stars and galaxies but you forget we are a not human we will never be. Human is perfection. When you understand people think the rage, ever thought it might be love for Gaya?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

To make people see

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

you are turning people against you..

that is what I am seeing at this point.. is that intended?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
you want to make me see what
edit on 23-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join