It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Toting Shotgun Opens Fire on Block Party, at Least 7, Including 18-Month-Old, Hurt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And 10 people were shot at a block party in Chicago.

I think summer is officially here.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ok everyone does realize this is not new at all? Poor cities have shootings almost every night. No one cares until the media starts creating a story to keep the ratings up. The politicians love it too. The progresives will all pretend to care and talk about gun control (as if it would do anything at all to stop crime in poor drug infested cities). Gun control is a cop out. Its a socio economic problem and a social problem in general. I wouls say big pharma and the sham that is most of psychology is also to blame for the crazy middle class shootings the news reports about.

There are thousands of murders in this country we here about almost none of them unless it can sell papers or they are at least middle class. Its disgusting.

Our police murder, or politicians send troops who end up murdering, so not great role models for kids. We now give kids all kinds of psychotropic drugs (which is unbelievable when we tell them how much other drugs can change their brain chemistry because their brains arent fully formed yet) then they take recrearional drugs or stop taking their psychotropics and they kill themselves or others.

Everything we do is the easy sleazy solution. Give them drugs, take guns away, more laws.

Time to grow the heck up. Its not guns doing this. Its mostly poverty if we are talking about the real numbers of deaths. Yet not a single progressive has provided a plan for job training, education, community building for the poor. Its obvious when the problems never go away and then oh my we are shocked this happens.

We are to blame. Society. For not making a better life for each other. For not standing up for poor and desperate in our own country.

Everybody shouls watch the documentary Dawg Fight. Its partly about back yard fighting in Florida but mostly about what life is really like for poor people in the us. Its a great urban anthropology film.

First step...taking back elections from the oligarchs.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: onequestion

Hmmm...no, I think you are wrong. More people care than don't....even "these" days.

Depends on if you're taking things from the news or using everyday experience.

My everyday experience shows the politeness of society. The MSM says I should hate everyone that doesn't think like me.

I'm scared.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pollypeptide
Philly and Detroit. This is getting way out of control now. I'm beginning to feel nothing but shame for being America's northern neighbor. This is starting to look like a race war and I fear that soon it will be civil war. Your country is an embarrassment to the rest of the world and it's about high time you people do something about it. Your government isn't doing anything, so it's up to the people. Personally, I think every other country on the planet needs to completely boycott America and nuke it. Then we don't have to deal with your BS anymore.

Sorry, but this has gone to far. This kind of crap does not happen anywhere else on earth.

Really, are you that daft or do you really just like to hate on the USA?

In the middle east, Iraq, you have people of the same race BOMBING local markets and cafes with CAR BOMBS and SUICIDE BOMBERS with vests.

In Syria, you have people and government outright bombing, and shooting each other.

In Saudi Arabia / Yemen, same thing..

In AFRICA, you have villages and small cities being over ran, and people being slaughtered with Machetes and shot with guns, among other unspeakable horrors.

Crap goes on all the time in South America, and Central America.. You never hear about that tho..

What about the controlled atrocities that happen in North Korea? What about the crime in Russia, the Russian mafia?

Really? You want to condemn a country because some nut goes and shoots a few people, because... it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world? Really? Do you realize how ignorant you are sounding right about now?

Oh, let me guess.. because you didn't see it on facebook, it doesn't happen? Because the liberal main stram media isn't trumpeting it all over the tv, and the web, it isn't true?

We're an embarrassment to the rest of the world? Excuse me, who exactly are you speaking for? Last I heard, the world had no spokes-person.

America may not be perfect, far from it, but we are not the worst, so stop with the idiocy, and get off your high horse, and perhaps investigate the world a little bit closer, before you go and condemn an entire country based off of ignorant emotional outrage.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Philly and Detroit. This is getting way out of control now. I'm beginning to feel nothing but shame for being America's northern neighbor. This is starting to look like a race war and I fear that soon it will be civil war. Your country is an embarrassment to the rest of the world and it's about high time you people do something about it. Your government isn't doing anything, so it's up to the people. Personally, I think every other country on the planet needs to completely boycott America and nuke it. Then we don't have to deal with your BS anymore.

Sorry, but this has gone to far. This kind of crap does not happen anywhere else on earth.

I hear you but its been this way for a long time. Its not new or juat getting rediculous. The difference is the media. Its also more people are waking up and seeing things are not right. Its been not right for a long long time. We were pumping radiation into poor black homes in Saint louis in the 50's and 60's to test the effects of radiation poisoning. I can give you hundreds of examples of political racism where the government is responsible. The difference is more people know its wrong, the media is a prostitute, medication, and kids who are just not raised to be tough enough to deal with real life.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is it a coincidence that it's happening in massive cities with huge huge problems with poverty?

Oh wait... Every city has a major problem with poverty because half of America is being subsidized by the government.

Guess shipping all of the jobs overseas wasn't such a good idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Really, are you that daft or do you really just like to hate on the USA?

In the middle east, Iraq, you have people of the same race BOMBING local markets and cafes with CAR BOMBS and SUICIDE BOMBERS with vests.

In Syria, you have people and government outright bombing, and shooting each other.

In Saudi Arabia / Yemen, same thing..

In AFRICA, you have villages and small cities being over ran, and people being slaughtered with Machetes and shot with guns, among other unspeakable horrors.

Crap goes on all the time in South America, and Central America.. You never hear about that tho..

What about the controlled atrocities that happen in North Korea? What about the crime in Russia, the Russian mafia?

Really? You want to condemn a country because some nut goes and shoots a few people, because... it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world? Really? Do you realize how ignorant you are sounding right about now?

Oh, let me guess.. because you didn't see it on facebook, it doesn't happen? Because the liberal main stram media isn't trumpeting it all over the tv, and the web, it isn't true?

We're an embarrassment to the rest of the world? Excuse me, who exactly are you speaking for? Last I heard, the world had no spokes-person.

America may not be perfect, far from it, but we are not the worst, so stop with the idiocy, and get off your high horse, and perhaps investigate the world a little bit closer, before you go and condemn an entire country based off of ignorant emotional outrage.

So you compare us with the worst countries on earth? How do we compare with countries of the same economic category? Not very good.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Whitman shot a bunch of folks way back in 1966 whilst your society hasn't improved this isnt a new problem

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
Hold on to your guns America...

The 2nd and 1st/internet are what hold liberty worldwide in check. Your logic is failed for a various reason the biggest being who drives that tank.............

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I have to ask...

Please show me where poverty is a factor in these shootings. What's the employment status of the suspects? The victims?

edit on 20-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Real fine Luthier, real fine

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is it a coincidence that it's happening in massive cities with huge huge problems with poverty?

Oh wait... Every city has a major problem with poverty because half of America is being subsidized by the government.

Guess shipping all of the jobs overseas wasn't such a good idea.

But it clears so much real estate for the people we dont need. Fact of the matter is we cant employ everyone our plan is to subsidize the poor just enough to be desperate enough to have the energy to kill each other fighting for the scraps....and the politicians get to be heroes for helping the poor so very much.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I have to ask...

Please show me where poverty is a factor in these shootings. What's the employment status of the suspects? The victims?

Uh? You dont realize 95 percent of the us murder rate is in poor cities. A quick search should be adequate to find that info. Its even on wiki.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Must be the usual black on black inner city violence. It's not being reported on msm.

These black lives don't matter as sad as that is.

They only matter when the shooter is white and the victims are black. In these cases the media is able to stir the pot for ratings and the normal race agitators are able to spew their hate and cry racism at ever oppurtunity and line their pockets.

Wake up America.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

No, i was pointing out there are worse places on earth than the USA.

Last I knew, people in the USA didn't have to hide in bomb shelters to sleep at night. Or wonder if they were going to die going to market, or have their limbs / heads removed by machete..

If you look at crime stats per capita the USA is not as bad as people are lead to believe.. This has been covered in many other threads. For instance, there are more stabbings in the UK, than there are people killed by gunfire in the USA.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
Must be the usual black on black inner city violence. It's not being reported on msm.

These black lives don't matter as sad as that is.

They only matter when the shooter is white and the victims are black. In these cases the media is able to stir the pot for ratings and the normal race agitators are able to spew their hate and cry racism at ever oppurtunity and line their pockets.

Wake up America.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

No, i was pointing out there are worse places on earth than the USA.

Last I knew, people in the USA didn't have to hide in bomb shelters to sleep at night. Or wonder if they were going to die going to market, or have their limbs / heads removed by machete..

If you look at crime stats per capita the USA is not as bad as people are lead to believe.. This has been covered in many other threads. For instance, there are more stabbings in the UK, than there are people killed by gunfire in the USA.

Well i do look at stats. Your example of stabbing vs shooting isnt even the same topic. England has less homicides per capita than the us. We are on par with great countries like niger and laos. And yeah we have disgusting murders here too. Like dragging people behind pickup truck or going into a church and shooting people.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Sure but my question is still valid.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Perhaps the perp was black and the victims as well..?

So that's why it isn't all over CNN right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I guess America is the only place on earth then. Quite an extensive list of rampage killings all around the world here. They even were nice enough to break it down by region. Many quite recent and in places where guns are not readily, legally available.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join