It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confederate flag should be taken down and burned.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It should be burned. People all over the US did that today and will next Saturday too. Look for an event near you.

And this will magically cure racism in America.. Hooray! We are delivered!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just heard Amazon was ordered to stop selling by the federal government

edit on 063030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nah but it's pretty hard to say that you're working on or even acknowledging there's a problem with any variation of a confederate flag waving at government buildings.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
All you folks who mock this small gesture should understand that for some this is a start.

The meaning of symbols is important.

Years from now when that barbaric group of savages called ISIS is eradicated from the earth (God please soon) their flag shouldn’t ever be displayed by anyone in a sense that the support them in any way.

The confederate flag is a symbol of slavery, degradation and the torture of a whole race of people

If any one can’t understand the importance of this symbol finally being recognize for what it is then thing again

Its not a panacea of awareness but it’s a start

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Where'd you hear that?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This # is getting crazy. Almost like it's on purpose....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Looks like it the Last Waltz for that flag

edit on 6/24/2015 by roadgravel because: fix tag

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I just heard Amazon was ordered to stop selling by the federal government

Would that be Valerie Jarret at the White House?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Of course. Why let this go to waste when it can be used push that old pesky flag off the edge.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As a Brit I do find this flag burning stuff fascinating
We don burn out Union Jack and it is the flag that enslaved much of Planet earth for hundreds of years, stole from it and murdered on a genocidal level varied populations. I just don't gt why you need to go flag burning?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Of course. Why let this go to waste when it can be used push that old pesky flag off the edge.

If you are ok with this flag flying on your municipal buildings then I get you, I really do but if not then you are ignoring the fact of what

This^ actually means as a symbol and why it is used as a lightning rod to draw hate groups today matter of fact both are often used on the same ground.

These flags are saying I have the right to dominate and oppress you and this flag is to serve as a reminder of your place in this society.
And I say not with my tax dollars you don't, I will not pay for or give homage to symbols of my own domination, the confederate south and the Nazi state were both foreign entities confined to the dust bin of history, let it go.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Now I have heard the recording, of the customer being told the government was involved and they were told to stop selling it.

can't post the site,

" Amazon is not making a political statement this is something the government told you to do"

" exactly sir."

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Can you at least say what the site is?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"Last week’s massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white gunman in Charleston, South Carolina, re-ignited debates over the Confederate battle flag.

While federal and state flags were lowered to half-staff in the wake of the shooting, the symbol of the Confederate forces flew high over the state’s Capitol grounds in Columbia. That flag is padlocked in place, preventing it from being lowered to half-staff, but many activists, politicians and regular citizens want it gone altogether, citing it as a symbol of racism and hate."

Here the truth is told in so very simple terms the Confederate flag is a symbol for hatred of African Americans which was adopted in the 1940s. The Confederate flag has always been about race.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I'll tell you what, in celebration of these crybaby historical revisionists, I am going to watch The Outlaw Josey Whales tonight, starring Clint Eastwood.

This time when you watch it actually pay attention to it. The only reason why Josey joined the Confederacy is because the red legs killed his family before that he wanted nothing to do with the war.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This time when you watch it actually pay attention to it. The only reason why Josey joined the Confederacy is because the red legs killed his family before that he wanted nothing to do with the war.

No thanks kid, I have already watched it over 20 times in my life, and I don't need you telling me what it was about.

I know that he wanted no part in the War, Busty boy, just like the others who were betrayed and gunned down. The point is, it was about that era.

Ok then, Since it bothers you so much for you to assume that I was painting an American legend as a Confederate, then I'll watch John Wayne in the movie The Searchers tonight instead!

What do you got to say to that? = Probably that Ethan was forced to fight against the Union, and that he didn't really hate Indians. LMAO! You lose partner. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

SM, There are millions, and millions of people everywhere who understand exactly what you are saying. They despise the truth my friend, or at the very least any kind of compromise. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Let that flag burn baby burn!

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join