It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confederate flag should be taken down and burned.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
check this image out

www.rationalrevolution.net...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Klan Marches in Washington DC 1928

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Oops, time to get rid of the US flag and images of Uncle Sam.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If the Confederate flag is to be no more because it brings back slavery then USA flag must be banned due to native American genocide. I can't wait till native Americans take this to logical conclusion.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
: Stormdancer777
:roadgravel
:jellyrev

You guys are misconstruing the meaning of the Stars and Stripes with that of the Confederate flag, the two are not mirror images of each other in meaning or intent, see my post a pg or two back about the origins and meaning of the Confederate flag by the man who created it, it was created as a symbol of "White Supremacy" W.T. Thompson. Thompson was delighted to have his design adopted by the Confederacy, claiming that it symbolized the “superior race.”
The flag of the United States Of America was constructed as a symbol that binds a nation together.

The below is not directed at you guys above.
Then there is the nonsense often repeated ad infinitum that Slavery wasn't the cause of the civil war.

South Carolina
Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union
:

The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due." [editor's note: this is the Fugitive Slave Clause in the original Constitution whereby the North promised to return escaped slaves to their "owners" in the South]

Georgia:

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic.

Mississippi
A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization

Texas
A Declaration of the Causes which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union.

In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

www.ucs.louisiana.edu...
edit on 23-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
"It's not just the flag, it's how you represent it."

This was in the year 2010:

By the way, "Dip:30". (Copenhagen Wintergreen for me) Cheers, fellas.

Here is a better one from 2008:

edit on 2462015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

I would agree, except you and the commentator are forgetting one thing, which is the reason behind it's creation as explained above, that it is a symbol of White Supremacy as stated by the person that created that flag, there is just no getting around that, the Stars and Stripes can be misused as pointed out by others, but that was not the intent behind it's creation two very different things, one would not hoist a Nazi flag in front or on top of any state capitol we went to war with the Nazis just as we went to war with the breakaway states intent on not just keeping slave but expanding it, I don't think this will solve the issue of racism btw but symbolism does matter, what a private citizen can do and the state or local government can do are different things. As I said earlier every person who is offended by that flag should stop paying taxes as long as that blatant symbol of white supremacy flutters high over their heads.

PSA, pls reconsider chewing and smoking both are cancer causing and disgusting habits..

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I would agree, except you and the commentator are forgetting one thing, which is the reason behind it's creation as explained above, that it is a symbol of White Supremacy as stated by the person that created that flag, there is just no getting around that, the Stars and Stripes can be misused as pointed out by others, but that was not the intent behind it's creation two very different things, one would not hoist a Nazi flag in front or on top of any state capitol we went to war with the Nazis just as we went to war with the breakaway states intent on not just keeping slave but expanding it, I don't think this will solve the issue of racism btw but symbolism does matter, what a private citizen can do and the state or local government can do are different things. As I said earlier every person who is offended by that flag should stop paying taxes as long as that blatant symbol of white supremacy flutters high over their heads.

PSA, pls reconsider chewing and smoking both are cancer causing and disgusting habits..

I understand. The point i'm trying to make is, you can CHOOSE to be offended by a flag, you can embody it in some shape or form, or just not care. In my case, I embody it as a form of rights. Get the fu*k outta here talking about slavery. 99.9% do not condone slavery. The powers that be are using this to separate us even more.

Either we come together as one, or we fall as one.

I know dipping/ smoking is disgusting to others. I take a step back when engaging in conversations. I know my breath is fowl.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: southernplayalistic

I understand. The point i'm trying to make is, you can CHOOSE to be offended by a flag, you can embody it in some shape or form, or just not care. In my case, I embody it as a form of rights. Get the fu*k outta here talking about slavery. 99.9% do not condone slavery. The powers that be are using this to separate us even more.

Either we come together as one, or we fall as one.

I know dipping/ smoking is disgusting to others. I take a step back when engaging in conversations. I know my breath is fowl.

Yes I can choose to be offended by a flag flying on a lawn or a truck or whatever, but as a taxpayer not on a building that I consider my own.
And 99% of who did not condone slavery?? then why shed life's blood for something they had no interest in, they sure as hell wasn't drafted, you need to reread why the states broke away in the first place. klikable link www.ucs.louisiana.edu...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

And 99% of who did not condone slavery?? then why shed life's blood for something they had no interest in, they sure as hell wasn't drafted, you need to reread why the states broke away in the first place. klikable link www.ucs.louisiana.edu...

Either we come together as one. Or we fall as one.

Stop talking about the past. Give respect to the now and our future..... and especially our past.

"a building you consider your own".... i can only say, what? taxpayer money? Taxpayer been #ed since the beginning of time. We, as a society, as humans, are done, soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Stop talking about the past. Give respect to the now and our future..... and especially our past.

"a building you consider your own".... i can only say, what? taxpayer money? Taxpayer been #ed since the beginning of time. We, as a society, as humans, are done, soon.

Hey perhaps you should address the above to those who are hell bent on reliving the past, that's what the fuss is about after all, those who can't let go of a dead state , an idea and a past that should be well put to rest, the onus is on them to get over it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Hey perhaps you should address the above to those who are hell bent on reliving the past, that's what the fuss is about after all, those who can't let go of a dead state , an idea and a past that should be well put to rest, the onus is on them to get over it.

You may be correct. And i can understand your statement's. "onus"... yes sir. (too many posts posts to look through while i' intoixated)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You may be correct. And i can understand your statement's. "onus"... yes sir. (too many posts posts to look through while i' intoixated)

I wish for a cold one right about now but a lil bit too early lol .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No rush. I'm movin nice and slow.

kRogbCxs9Mk

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

: Stormdancer777
:roadgravel
:jellyrev

You guys are misconstruing the meaning of the Stars and Stripes with that of the Confederate flag, the two are not mirror images of each other in meaning or intent, see my post a pg or two back about the origins and meaning of the Confederate flag by the man who created it, it was created as a symbol of "White Supremacy" W.T. Thompson. Thompson was delighted to have his design adopted by the Confederacy, claiming that it symbolized the “superior race.”
The flag of the United States Of America was constructed as a symbol that binds a nation together.

The below is not directed at you guys above.
Then there is the nonsense often repeated ad infinitum that Slavery wasn't the cause of the civil war.

South Carolina
Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union
:

The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due." [editor's note: this is the Fugitive Slave Clause in the original Constitution whereby the North promised to return escaped slaves to their "owners" in the South]

Georgia:

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic.

Mississippi
A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization

Texas
A Declaration of the Causes which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union.

In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

www.ucs.louisiana.edu...

Not only that, but the "stars and bars" didn't even gain prominence untile the civil rights movement where it was adopted by the pro segregation crowd.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm having to play Dixie on the computer while I post in this thread to keep the universe balanced.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are we so weak as a country that symbols and flags shake our very foundation of liberty.

Isn't that the truth.

Last year during the pro football name debate, my sigs old high school mascot, 'Johnny Rebel' and name 'rebels' got changed. Not PC enough anymore. I think Houston ISD change 4 or 5 school mascot names.

PC induced paranoia at the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: buster2010

Where does it state that the FLAG means RACISM or SLAVERY though?

What part of the flag represents the Confederacy is too hard for you to understand?

The ALABAMA battle flag IS NOT the CONFEDERATE FLAG. The CONFED flag has a HUGE white part. THAT is the one Specifically designed for the RACIST thought. The ALABAMA flag does not. The 13 stars are for the 13 colonies,the bars are to say cross us out of your union. It dont STATE SLAVERY ANYWHERE IN IT. Actually learn about th e subject instead of just jumping in to bash southerners or americans any chance you get.

ALso ITS NOT FLYING ON THE STATEHOUSE ANYMORE. Its on a War memorial. LEts remove all flags from all war memorials then right?

Actually it's called the Alabama Confederate battle flag and why is it called this? Because it incorporates the confederate flag along with the Alabama flag. So take your own advice about learning about a subject.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Me and my wife tried to watch the netflix show sense8. Too gay political for us... They made the show too much about gayness for us to make it past the second episode...

Jaden

Yeah the problem is that they try to force feed and shove everything controversial down your throat, and nobody likes that.

I'll tell you what, in celebration of these crybaby historical revisionists, I am going to watch The Outlaw Josey Whales tonight, starring Clint Eastwood.

It's one of my favorite all time westerns. I better though, because tomorrow these irrational lunatics may make it a crime and ban anyone from watching it. ~$heopleNation
edit on 24-6-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I didn't realize this until researching this topic.

In 2009 the Old Miss band was banned from playing 'From Dixie With Love' in public. Mainly because some people yelled 'the South will rise again' at the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join