It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confederate flag should be taken down and burned.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't think the Nazi flag flies over Germany government institutions. I have never been there, but I assume the Nazi flag would be in a museum like all dead ideas. I believe after years of watching war, religious fanatics, racists, and hate reign in the ME, we are coming together in not wanting that for our country. The ideas behind the confederate flag is dead and should not fly over american citizens.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Should we erase Germany from the face of the earth from bringing up a leader that created the holocaust?

Purely emotional response to a simple question. I never even suggested doing away with Germany

Should the Nazi flag fly over the Reichstag?

Not does it - should it?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you look up Rebel Flag on Wikipedia, it has the history of it. I haven't finished the entire article but seems it's current design came about to distinguish it, during battles, from the then Northern flag which was similar.

I'm going back and continue reading as it also includes other U.S flags history as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
On Germany and Nazi symbols.

German Anti-Nazi Laws In Germany, many things related to Nazism are illegal, for obvious reasons. It's illegal to belong to a neo-Nazi organization, and it's illegal to own Nazi paraphernalia except for purposes of historical interest (such as for a museum.) .

Quote "borrowed" from the "Straight Dope" website.

edit on 6222015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

A bit more to read HERE.
edit on 6222015 by BobbyRock because: just a update..................

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I suppose the people of the US could just kick the southern states out of the nation. That would fix'em and end racism.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm lazy today, so..............

American Flag Protocol

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thank you for you reply and thoughts.......Liberty is not subjective it just is. You are born with and truth be told all the constitution does is protect it under the law.

So what does that mean......Fly whatever flag you want......Say whatever you want......Look at the Germans and the fear of Nazi flags and items.......It is self fulfilling and will cause the exact same problem again in time.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Exactly.

They have "banned the flag" in Germany, yet the hatred remains.

They treat the symptoms and don't pay attention to the disease. Let the people decide the issue on the flag, but concentrate on combatting the core issues that cause and create racism.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: SubTruth

Exactly.

They have "banned the flag" in Germany, yet the hatred remains.

They treat the symptoms and don't pay attention to the disease. Let the people decide the issue on the flag, but concentrate on combatting the core issues that cause and create racism.

FUNNY Part Is Everyone here is arguing about a flag removed on 2000. South Carolina had already removed the flag. The Flag that the media is talking about flies over a Confederate cemetary. I really see no problem with a confer ate cemetary flying a Confederate flag it's history. And the reason those people gave their lives. As far as a flag causing racism well that's just silly. A flag can't cause racism and removing it can't stop it. This is just a feel good move and can't and doesn't solve the problem. What it does do however is restrict freedoms with no results.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think the OP should reflect seriously on why the post-Charleston debate is about a flag. It's like some sad consolation prize.
edit on 6/22/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: muse7

Perhaps we should just "white out" every aspect of American history that was distasteful.

We could just have a clean and happy and PC and rated- G version of history.

No, we should never forget about the distasteful aspects of American history.

But, we shouldn't encourage segments of society to celebrate those distasteful aspects either.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, you do know that if we get rid of all the spoons, no-one will ever be overweight!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Perhaps we should just "white out" every aspect of American history that was distasteful.

But, we shouldn't encourage segments of society to celebrate those distasteful aspects either.

People are going to "celebrate" whatever they want, regardless of what any of us desire.

We need to educate, respond, teach, everyone who embraces racism that it is wrong and an archaic thought process.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

People are going to "celebrate" whatever they want, regardless of what any of us desire.

We need to educate, respond, teach, everyone who embraces racism that it is wrong and an archaic thought process.

Hard to teach people that when we allow government buildings to hoist a flag that represents racism.

So go ahead and defend the flag...then talk out of the other side of you mouth and say that racism is archaic.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hard to teach people that when we allow government buildings to hoist a flag that represents racism.

So go ahead and defend the flag...then talk out of the other side of you mouth and say that racism is archaic.

Not once have I ever defended the flag.

I was only defending the freedom to choose.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Taking down the confederate flag and burning it is just a knee-jerk reaction to the shooting. It's not like you were calling for it to be taken down and "burned" BEFORE the shooting..
edit on 22-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And yet you seem opposed to the freedom of choice of the OP and others who think a reasonable protest is to burn the confederate flag.

If your only defense is to allow people freedom of choice...you should be applauding and defending the OP...and yet you are not.

Covert defense of a topic might work for some...but for others, myself included, we can see right through to your true objective.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
“ Service. Honor. Pride.”
Black Confederate Veterans

source: www.scv357.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

And yet you seem opposed to the freedom of choice of the OP and others who think a reasonable protest is to burn the confederate flag.

If your only defense is to allow people freedom of choice...you should be applauding and defending the OP...and yet you are not.

Covert defense of a topic might work for some...but for others, myself included, we can see right through to your true objective.

I'm against any effort to ban anything.

Please indicate where I ever said that they should not have the freedom to burn it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
“ Service. Honor. Pride.”
Black Confederate Veterans

source: www.scv357.org...

I'm sure we can find a Jewish Neo Nazi as well...does that validate the groups views?

How about a black KKK member...does that make it ok to wear white sheets?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join