It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confederate flag should be taken down and burned.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

For those clamoring to take away the confederate flag the maybe we should put you in jail for trying to take away our freedom of speech WHICH is protected under the constitution.

If you are againts the constitution then you are an enemy of the U.SA and should be tried for treason.

My favorite form of corporal punishment for treason would be hanging for you treasonous vipers.

I said it before and I will say it again BURN THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as it represents racism in all its forms.

Doenst mean all who love it are racist but to the masses its a racist symbol, and the fires of racism need to be extinguished forever. The Confederate flag needs to go away and never come back.

As for your treason statement thats about as ludicrous as space balls ludicrous speed. We have free speech, and can state our opinion on how we wish to see the country develop in the future, if we want to ban the Confederate flag we have the right to say so, and there is nothing anyone on earth or off world can do about that.

Freedom of speech DOES not protect you againts treason.

But it can be argued that the very formation of the Confederacy was treasonous. So if you wanted to pick hairs, the flag itself is a symbol of treason.

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
How can you disagree with my statement? The war was started by the elites in the south over slavery and states rights . The common man fighting the war did not own any slaves they fought for a different reason .

I know many people that display the Confederate flag. Not one of them supports the KKK or slavery it is about southern tradition .

Well, that certainly explains why we saw all those "big oil" CEOs leading the fight over there in Kuwait and Iraq, now doesn't?

Or maybe you could apply that same rational to the Viet Nam experience and remind us of why all those soldiers fought and died? What skin did they have in that game?

On another note, you should know that there's a big difference between "deniability" and "believability". An individual doesn't have to belong to a particular group or send them money in order to be considered a "supporter" of their mentality.

If your "friends" are flying that flag, they're doing so to make a statement and the only ones who don't see it are either blind, willfully ignorant or likeminded.

link   

For those clamoring to take away the confederate flag the maybe we should put you in jail for trying to take away our freedom of speech WHICH is protected under the constitution.

If you are againts the constitution then you are an enemy of the U.SA and should be tried for treason.

My favorite form of corporal punishment for treason would be hanging for you treasonous vipers.

I said it before and I will say it again BURN THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as it represents racism in all its forms.

Doenst mean all who love it are racist but to the masses its a racist symbol, and the fires of racism need to be extinguished forever. The Confederate flag needs to go away and never come back.

As for your treason statement thats about as ludicrous as space balls ludicrous speed. We have free speech, and can state our opinion on how we wish to see the country develop in the future, if we want to ban the Confederate flag we have the right to say so, and there is nothing anyone on earth or off world can do about that.

LOl what are you talking about the Confederate flag is a piece of cloth which represents racism to most, its not treason to say BURN IT or BAN IT or take it to the bathroom and wipe away your freedom as you please.

Could you elaborate on the treason claims your mentioning, in this reality i dont know of any laws protecting the Confederate or any other flag from being desacrated as one see's fit in the privacy of thier own homes or in public for that matter.

FLYING the Confederate Flag privately is protected under freedom of speech.I frankly do not care what you think the flag representd because the constitution does not care either.Its job is to protect freedom of speech even if it is not popular unless it is to threaten someone or goverment entitity.

Going againts freedom of speech makes you an enemy of the constitution,an enemy of the United States and my enemy which trust me you do not want.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I abhor what happened to Native Americans from Europeans actions

It wasn't just Europeans though was it?

It continued long after The U.S. became independent.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: zazzafrazz

"It belongs in a museum".

You belong in a museum

Cut it out.
I'm discussing the confederate flag over state buildings, you have just power posted nothing other than attacks on people like above and calling people "vipers" that don't agree with your position, Which I'd be happy to debate, without the crappy one liner insults.
Capiche?

edit on 21-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmind

But it can be argued that the very formation of the Confederacy was treasonous. So if you wanted to pick hairs, the flag itself is a symbol of treason.

Actually it was quite legal.States have the power to create there own union if they wish.

Regardless flying the Confederate Flag is still protected by the constitution if done privately.
edit on 21-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

(post by OptimusPrimeOne removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

LOl what are you talking about the Confederate flag is a piece of cloth which represents racism to most, its not treason to say BURN IT or BAN IT or take it to the bathroom and wipe away your freedom as you please.

Could you elaborate on the treason claims your mentioning, in this reality i dont know of any laws protecting the Confederate or any other flag from being desacrated as one see's fit in the privacy of thier own homes or in public for that matter.

FLYING the Confederate Flag privately is protected under freedom of speech.I frankly do not care what you think the flag representd because the constitution does not care either.Its job is to protect freedom of speech even if it is not popular unless it is to threaten someone or goverment entitity.

Going againts freedom of speech makes you an enemy of the constitution,an enemy of the United States and my enemy which trust me you do not want.

So lemme get this straight everyone who desacrates the Confederate flag lets say by burning it is your enemy? You say people dont want to be your enemy by desacrating the Confederate flag, why exactly? What are you going to do about it? Lemme go out on a limb and say. . . . . . . . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL PERIOD.
edit on 21-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: zazzafrazz

"It belongs in a museum".

You belong in a museum

lol! So you are twelve? You're already doing really well with your one-liner cheap shots!

I can assure you I am much much much older then that.

My bad. I just assumed from your response that.......... oh well, nevermind. Maturation, verbal skills, writing skills, thought processes and all that stuff that doesn't seem to matter much these days, kinda threw me.

But there is a high-five to those who have confederate flags on their vehicles.... when we see them, we don't have to wonder ' is that person a racist?' One glance at the flag and we know! It's very helpful in that respect, to the curious.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Several people in this thread have said as much -repeatedly. Fly your damned flag - you are free to do so

The rest of us are free to burn it. As many times as we feel is necessary

With fire - with words - with legislation

Which, that last one by the way is not the same thing as banning it - it would require a vote. People are also free to protest - and demand what they demand

You will always be free to hang it from your porch, fly it from a pole, stick it on your truck - or weave it into your hair for that matter. Knock yourself out

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I just think that's as racist a thing to do overall like burning a Swastika flag, or when the Germans in WW11 where lighting Star of David Jewish Flags for what they represent.

Believe me, I share the overall sentiment. But at what point to we put things in perspective and not burn them or blow up historical representations of heritage like ISIS is doing right now?

Certainly, not glorify them either. No easy answer. But, its had its place in history. Good or bad. And our future society will learn from them all....

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmind

Actually it was quite legal.States have the power to create there own union if they wish.

Regardless flying the Confederate Flag is still protected by the constitution if done privately.

The Constitution does not allow the secession of States from it. Withdrawing from the Union in order to preserve the institution of slavery was not a part of said Constitution.

link   
what if black people started flying flags that had a gap-toothed, overhaul-wearing, barefooted, grinning, southern white hillbilly on it?.....maybe fly it on all black businesses, would that be ok with all you "southern tradition" people?

link   

All states have the right to secede, they don't have the right to fire upon the US beforehand. That is treason.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
###SNIPPED###

If you wish to ban the Confederate Flag then you are againts the constitution which protects freedom of speech.Therefore you are an enemy of the constitution..And many many people including Law Enforcement and Mlitary which swear on protecting the constiution would not be happy with you.

edit on Sun Jun 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: *** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

A lot of white people want to burn it too, even southern whites.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yes that would be fine with me I'd know where to avoid. I'm positive I can live without ever entering a recording studio or hair saloon.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Several people in this thread have said as much -repeatedly. Fly your damned flag - you are free to do so

The rest of us are free to burn it. As many times as we

With fire - with words - with legislation

Which, that last one by the way is not the same thing as banning it - it would require a vote. People are also free to protest - and demand what they demand

You will always be free to hang it from your porch, fly it from a pole, stick it on your truck - or weave it into your hair for that matter. Knock yourself out

Absolutely it is your right

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

He wasn't a friend. He also had some nice things to say about Obama

You can call it what you want to whenever you feel you aren't exactly selling your point. The truth is plain to see

They are everywhere if you look

I live in Colorado. Not exactly the south

That flag is a symbol - and not just of anti-federalism

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Going againts freedom of speech makes you an enemy of the constitution,an enemy of the United States and my enemy which trust me you do not want

It is very simple perhaps you are mentally handicapped or have you taken your meds today?

If you wish to ban the Confederate Flag then you are againts the constitution which protects freedom of speech.Therefore you are an enemy of the constitution..And many many people including Law Enforcement and Mlitary which swear on protecting the constiution would not be happy with you.

Which means you wont be doing jack scuat as I thought, nor will anyone else.

If you think law enforcement will do anythig to anyone who wipes thier bum with the Confederate flag your in a special world which has another rule of law than the rest of the Americans on this planet earth. People are allowed to do whatever they with with thier own properity, whatever it may be, and no you nor any law will be doing anything about it eva, and I do mean neva eva ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join