It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confederate flag should be taken down and burned.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
(post by OptimusPrimeOne removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
When the "South" lost the Civil war and signed surrenders/treaties, was there any agreements that "allowed" States to use the various flags?

Apparently there were no restrictions was there?

????????????????????

The armies surrendered and the Confederacy effectively dissolved. As it was an illegal government that no major power recognised no treaties were needed.

link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Flags are a form of speech, no one is asking to ban it from anything but government buildings.

link   
a reply to: Darkmind

What you guys aren't getting is I agree with your statement. But that is not the reason why the common southerner fought. They fought for the same reason many of you are aggravated by now. They don't like the federal government telling them what they could do .

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
For those clamoring to take away the confederate flag the maybe we should put you in jail for trying to take away our freedom of speech WHICH is protected under the constitution.

If you are againts the constitution then you are an enemy of the U.SA and should be tried for treason.

My favorite form of corporal punishment for treason would be hanging for you treasonous vipers.

I said it before and I will say it again BURN THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as it represents racism in all its forms.

Doenst mean all who love it are racist but to the masses its a racist symbol, and the fires of racism need to be extinguished forever. The Confederate flag needs to go away and never come back.

As for your treason statement thats about as ludicrous as space balls ludicrous speed. We have free speech, and can state our opinion on how we wish to see the country develop in the future, if we want to ban the Confederate flag we have the right to say so, and there is nothing anyone on earth or off world can do about that.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmind

originally posted by: xuenchen
When the "South" lost the Civil war and signed surrenders/treaties, was there any agreements that "allowed" States to use the various flags?

Apparently there were no restrictions was there?

????????????????????

The armies surrendered and the Confederacy effectively dissolved. As it was an illegal government that no major power recognised no treaties were needed.

It is not being flown to support a current state or gorverment. It is flown for historical and symbolic purposes and therefore it is protected by freedom of speech

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

For those clamoring to take away the confederate flag the maybe we should put you in jail for trying to take away our freedom of speech WHICH is protected under the constitution.

If you are againts the constitution then you are an enemy of the U.SA and should be tried for treason.

My favorite form of corporal punishment for treason would be hanging for you treasonous vipers.

I said it before and I will say it again BURN THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as it represents racism in all its forms.

Doenst mean all who love it are racist but to the masses its a racist symbol, and the fires of racism need to be extinguished forever. The Confederate flag needs to go away and never come back.

As for your treason statement thats about as ludicrous as space balls ludicrous speed. We have free speech, and can state our opinion on how we wish to see the country develop in the future, if we want to ban the Confederate flag we have the right to say so, and there is nothing anyone on earth or off world can do about that.

Freedom of speech DOES not protect you againts treason.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

What you guys aren't getting is I agree with your statement. But that is not the reason why the common southerner fought. They fought for the same reason many of you are aggravated by now. They don't like the federal government telling them what they could do .

You are arguing againts vipers. DO not waste your energy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Not one of them supports the KKK or slavery it is about southern tradition .

I knew of a guy that had one on his truck. He wasn't even southern

Guess why he's sporting it -

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Flags are a form of speech, no one is asking to ban it from anything but government buildings.

I agree wtlh goverment buidlings but people here are asking for a complete ban.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: zazzafrazz

"It belongs in a museum".

You belong in a museum

lol! So you are twelve? You're already doing really well with your one-liner cheap shots!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Greathouse

Not one of them supports the KKK or slavery it is about southern tradition .

I knew of a guy that had one on his truck. He wasn't even southern

Guess why he's sporting it -

Not everyone is the same.And honestly i think your story is bs.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why don't you feckless liberals log off the net for a few minutes and actually go do something which you want done?

But first, please stop by the DMV and get that elusive ID.

link   

Freedom of speech DOES not protect you againts treason.

LOL oh my LOL LOL LOL what are you talking about the Confederate flag is a piece of cloth which represents racism to most, its not treason to say BURN IT or BAN IT or take it to the bathroom and wipe away your freedom as you please.

Could you elaborate on the treason claims your mentioning, in this reality i dont know of any laws protecting the Confederate or any other flag from being desacrated as one see's fit in the privacy of thier own homes or in public for that matter.
edit on 21-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: zazzafrazz

"It belongs in a museum".

You belong in a museum

lol! So you are twelve? You're already doing really well with your one-liner cheap shots!

I can assure you I am much much much older then that.
edit on 21-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

And you aren't getting what I'm saying. The people of West Virginia didn't want to fight for the Confederacy, nor did the people of Eastern Tennessee. Why? Because few if any of them owned slaves or thought that their States were in the wrong. Hell, West Virginia actually split away from Virginia, as we all know. Kentucky and Missouri were even more complicated but, again, the majority didn't want to join the Confederacy. I know that this is a vast and complicated subject and I know that it stirs up all kinds of emotions on all sides. But there is one inescapable fact - the Confederacy was built on slavery and the Civil War was fought about slavery. Those who say that it was about States Rights are partially correct - it was about the right of those States who allow the practice of slavery.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Darkmind because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

People where?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm curious. Would that philosophy extend to other racist symbols such as that of the ANC?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Marshww

You first.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
what is this "southern tradition"?....can someone please explain in detail what that is?...what are the "traditions" that are so different from the western, northern, eastern part of the united states? and why would southern whites fly a flag that reminds all black Americans of the hundreds of years their ancestors spent as slaves?....why is that a "southern tradition"?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join