It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No it's not OK to eat dogs.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Food chain.

If it was on the menu I'd eat it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

That's a rather old segment of my private life. But I'm happy you enjoyed seeing it, if it made you happy to do so.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

As is mine. And I was homeless on my own. It wasn't a family problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yep.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I read ur thread (u asked to ask u a question that thread )you sound content from ur thread

that is what I meant

not what u just wrote..
I hope it make sense..

meaning I would have never ever guessed that

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
People who live in different cultures eat different things. Deal with it. It is not out culture to eat dog. In other parts of the world it is.

Similarly, in some places they don't eat pork and in others they don't eat beef. How do you imagine they look at us who do?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I understand what you mean. And yes, I have a family of 3, and I'm quite content.
What I meant was, when I was homeless, I was much younger and did not have a family. So it only affected me. Not my loved ones as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

thank you for sharing your story

what I was so impressed about is your extremely high level of intelligence yet u seems to be so normal(? not sure if that would be the correct term).

is just my perception nothing more :/

ah last thingit seems u don't laugh enough or it is hard to make u chuckle

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So the lives of pigs an cows are less important than dogs?
Nah, I don't see it myself, they are all animals which are a different species to us humans.
If I was hungry enough I'd kill and eat a primate, they are not human either. Your line about cannibalism is lame, dogs are a different species of life to humans, no matter how much you try to anthropomorphize them and their relationship with us.

...oh, and for the record, if I was starving and had no other choice to survive, I would eat human flesh, but I'd hunt down and kill every dog in the area first though.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

ohh for f*** sake,not this $hit again...I eat dog meat and i love it.Deal with it....

edit on 023Sunday21ampam2015-06-21T09:23:54-07:0009America/Phoenix by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne

originally posted by: KnightLight

I stopped eating pork but otherwise I agree with you..
I'm still very German so I gotta get that Beef..

Pork started seeming too humanly. fleshy. like. to me.. I don't like eating salty, humanish, almost give me headache, realize I am eating flesh, type meat.. Give me bloody cow steak instead.. Rip through that with my teeth, and tear, and blood and yum..

Otherwise I start getting sick. (without meat)

Besides Pigs are creepy in their intelligence. Not sure when this happened in relation to me not eating pork anymore, I think it was after I stopped, but I saw some commercial about pig farming (I stay in North Carolina for now).. And I saw the pigs' eyes.. Whoa man.

I think I would like to try a wild hog though. Would be more humane if animals could live free, and then die all the sudden, without the stress of being trapped.

Wild hog would be healthier.Understand that domesticated pigs are very dirty and full of parasites.Youtube coke pork and you will see what I mean

The ones in captivity are filled with drugs to keep down disease but...

Various diseases of wild hogs include pseudorabies, swine brucellosis, tuberculosis, bubonic plague, tularemia, hog cholera, foot and mouth disease, and anthrax. Internal parasites include kidney worms, stomach worms, round worms and whipworms. Liver flukes and trichinosis are also found in hogs. External parasites include dog ticks, fleas and hog lice.

Pseudorabies, also known as "mad itch" is a swine herpes virus that may affect the respiratory, nervous and reproductive systems. It is transmittable to humans

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We had a couple of baby cast-offs from the pigs, goats & sheep that became house pets (mothers rejected their young for whatever reasons) We still ate all 3, despite having proved they make pretty damn good companion animals. No qualms about eating something I can also befriend

Humans are the rare creature who will eat their friends and playmates, not for lack of other food but because it just tastes that good!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: hsvenforcer

"There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh? "

Would you mind telling me exactly where these islands are as the people of Fiji are nervous .

well at least they may be getting some help

Genetic Mutation Found to Block Prion Disease in Tribe That Used to Practice Ritual Cannibalism
An unknown mechanism helped some people in Papua New Guinea escape a historic, deadly outbreak

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Totally agree that eating dogs and other too smart animals is repulsive... but then I haven't often been that hungry. Hunger turns most humans to lower order animals in mere days.

That is one of my big gripes with the state of our being... whether designed or happenstance, our dependence on other living things for energy is repulsive... and makes ego-maniacal narcissists of us all.

That said, if I died and my doggy was hungry, I'd be fine with her snacking on me. I'd think she would be okay being food too, if roles were reversed.

I'm hoping for the day when our cells are fed by little nano-machines using ambient or solar energy... or at the least, artificially constructed food... but I fear I have too long a wait.
edit on 6/21/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
An awful lot of western people ate dogs knowingly. If you didn't know nearly all the Arctic and Antarctic explorers used dog sled transport and it wasn't just for the dogs pulling the sleds. If push came to shove, dying or surviving, the WOULD eat the dogs.
In fact I remember an account of one expedition where they ate their dogs and a couple of men died through it. Evidently you can eat most of a dog but definitely not the liver as the liver concentrates the poisonous toxins in the animal and this can kill humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

sounds like you have one foot in the realm of compassion for creatures and the other in the realm of survival.

no matter what you eat it becomes part of you.

spend a little time with your food before it dies and you may not type the same message next time.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Totally agree that eating dogs and other too smart animals is repulsive... but then I haven't often been that hungry. Hunger turns most humans to lower order animals in mere days.

That is one of my big gripes with the state of our being... whether designed or happenstance, our dependence on other living things for energy is repulsive... and makes ego-maniacal narcissists of us all.

That said, if I died and my doggy was hungry, I'd be fine with her snacking on me. I'd think she would be okay being food too, if roles were reversed.

I'm hoping for the day when our cells are fed by little nano-machines using ambient or solar energy... or at the least, artificially constructed food... but I fear I have too long a wait.

There are different types and some put their life before all else, some are deeper including all kinds of animals. there are many dogs that have stayed while starving with dead or dying friends and they didn't eat their friend. Some realize the physical body is not the most important part of us.

The dog led searchers to Baysinger's body. He had reportedly committed suicide, and Cash stayed by his side for six weeks. The dog was badly dehydrated and very thin, and authorities said it was a miracle the animal survived. But his presence prevented Baysinger's body from being attacked by coyotes.

theweek.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No its not, because dogs will eat their own sh$t with gusto. You are what you eat. Beotches. Who the hell would want to eat dog, now pussy on the other hand?
edit on 21-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Who, Who, who, whooz yah mamma?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Nyiah

We had a couple of baby cast-offs from the pigs, goats & sheep that became house pets (mothers rejected their young for whatever reasons) We still ate all 3, despite having proved they make pretty damn good companion animals. No qualms about eating something I can also befriend

Humans are the rare creature who will eat their friends and playmates, not for lack of other food but because it just tastes that good!

My grandfather never made the mistake of making pets out of the bottle babies when he was a sheep farmer.

He knew that if he did, he never could have eaten them. It's a strange thing being a livestock farmer. You invest a lot of care and attention into your animals, but then you send them off to market.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join