It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The answer to your many misguided questions is a definite no,and you should probably read the constitution and at least the first fourteen amendments to see why.a reply to: FormOfTheLord

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Funny how those who speak of WAR can't fight one.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well I also wonder if laws are ever directed against hate speech in a more in your face manner which side would most people be on.

Would people be willing to die for the freedom to promote the hate speech of certain groups like the KKK?

I think most Americans would say good riddance to such groups.

However I think some Americans would put thier lives on the line to protect the rights of Any American to speak freely, reguardless of the content of the said free speech.

So I think there would be those who sided with groups like the KKK to speak freely even though they dont agree with the content of twhat the group is saying.

Personally in my opinion if you support the KKK's right to free hate speech your just as bad as they are and your part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

the politicians, bankers, and corporate interest want us to be a nation divided.

republican or democrat
religious or secular
color or no color

as long as this nation is divided it will never heal. we can never address real problems like health care, endless war, a failed education system. it's the way they want it. a nation divided can never stand up against the real threat to our liberties.

There is a unity amidst the division which has yet to be seen by the masses, I think it will appear in its own time, and will come into its own rights of passage, eventually emerging victorius as a sovereign counsiousness or a new world counsiousness.

Its just a matter of time. .. . . .

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Most Americans would fight for the KKK to keep their free speech, even the people that the KKK hates on. Americans are actually fairly united on this... despite conservative persecution complex.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

THAT would make you WHAT then? A nazi yourself?
A social overseer to control the masses and their choices.
IT isn't such a simple idea and the experiment called American never had it easy in maintaining it.
I don't agree.
Taking the lazy approach to pass over whelming laws NOR killing those who are diffrent than you won't be tollerated as we have all seen.
TRY again to look for an answer if you wish to delve into such a complex issue.
You'd better be a genuis.
edit on 21-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

THAT would make you WHAT then? A nazi yourself?
A social overseer to control the masses and their choices.
IT isn't such a simple idea and the experiment called American never had it easy in maintaining it.
I don't agree.
Taking the lazy approach to pass over whelming laws NOR killing those who are diffrent than you won't be tollerated as we have all seen.
TRY again to look for an answer if you wish to delve into such a complex issue.
You'd better be a genuis.

Well I will say this, I am no NAZI,but I do have my opinion on hate speech and I do not think it will be around forever. Of course some may want to fight and die for the right to express hate speech but at the end of the day I think it will be gone eventually. If hate speech is ever gone I will say, good riddence to it, and I hope our society will be better off without it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Well I also wonder if laws are ever directed against hate speech in a more in your face manner which side would most people be on.

Which side? Most would say they have the right to say anything they please, just as we reserve the right to disagree.

Would people be willing to die for the freedom to promote the hate speech of certain groups like the KKK?

Yes.

I think most Americans would say good riddance to such groups.

Of course most would. But not in the manner you're advocating. We, meaning me, would prefer they realize their hate is harming them, more than their targets... But they've the right to spew it. We don't have the right to arbitrarily ban that right.

However I think some Americans would put thier lives on the line to protect the rights of Any American to speak freely, reguardless of the content of the said free speech.

Make up your mind.

So I think there would be those who sided with groups like the KKK to speak freely even though they dont agree with the content of twhat the group is saying.

No kidding. What have people been saying all along?

Personally in my opinion if you support the KKK's right to free hate speech your just as bad as they are and your part of the problem.

...and you are wrong. Just curious, which group will you ban next? Mine? Which part of the term "slippery slope" do you have trouble understanding? If any speech is banned, then all speech is banned, or will be.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So, you want to rid the US of KKK hate Speach. Awesome! What other hate Speach would you outlaw? Hate against Christians? Muslims? Jews? How about against politicians?

Would you ban the word "hate" so no one could hate another? Where, in your mind, do we stop or do we keep shedding freedom until there is none?

I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death to let you say it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Most Americans would fight for the KKK to keep their free speech, even the people that the KKK hates on. Americans are actually fairly united on this... despite conservative persecution complex.

This statement confuses me.

Most conservatives are rabidly anti-PC. It's the PC crowd that are anti-free speech and want to enforce speech codes. The rest of us say people should grow a thicker skin.

The KKK and groups like them are odious, but they get to say their piece, same as any other group. In order to have a society based in liberty, you need ideas, ALL IDEAS, conservative, liberal, etc., you even need the ones most people don't want to hear, even if all they do is serve to show us what where we don't want to go.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course it confuses you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Of course it confuses you.

Ah, yes, condescension from the "more enlightened" ...

Please, enlighten since you are so holier than thou.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Next somebody will want a ban on the word Christmas.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Calling out hate speech or dog whistles for hate speech is not the same thing as calling for its banning. Those of us who tend to call out hate speech, would also defend the KKK's right to free speech because we understand the 1st amendment and understand why it is so important. This is something Americans in general are united on, regardless of ideologies.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
C'mon, folks.

Most of us are on the same side here.

We abhor the speech, but defend the right to say it.

Not sure why many of you are disagreeing about this issue...other than force of habit, I mean.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I hope you are right on that ,just NOT the way you woud achieve it.

(post by supremecommander removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No. Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly must be preserved even if used abhorrently sometimes. The patriot act needs to go not be expanded.

Agreed.

I do suggest however that people who actively engage in hate speech should be profiled as potential terrorists. I don't care if the person is white or black. If you speak about another group of people in the manner Roof did, well I don't think that you can be trusted to be a functioning member of society.

If you hate blacks, you fit the profile of a terrorist.
If you hate whites, you fit the profile of a terrorist.

We are all Americans. I do not trust anyone that speaks openly about hating or wanting to harm my countrymen.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Fight ignorance with ignorance

welcome to the USA

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
It would be a better idea to lock up the sort of people that can't stand people having opinions other than their own regarding race and that expect apologies from everyone that isn't the same ethnicity as their 'right'.

Some cultures are never going to gel, it's a fact of life. It doesn't mean hating each other. It could mean that shoving cultures together and attempts at enforcing a ''how dare you have an opinion other than that which your government wants you to have'', brand of 'multiculturalism' is counterproductive to harmonious societies.

America is not the same as the UK but here and in Europe our heritage as Europeans has been eroded by enforced 'multiculturalism' and immigration. People are naturally uneasy about that. Ethnic white Europeans are potentially predicted as an ethnic minority in Europe within 25 years and the forecast for our ethnicity at current birth rates means potential extinction in a few hundred years.

It also includes religion, Christianity is the basis of our laws, we do not want encroaching laws from other religions.

Meanwhile Africa is topping worldwide birth rates and spreading around Europe.

That doesn't mean hating Africa or Africans but it is a global situation that needs addressing, fast.

We hear so much about endangered animal species and helping people of other nations, it's now time to help our own global ethnic minority of Europeans.

Governments need to look at the bigger picture to prevent white people getting angry at the entitlement cultures and those demanding apologies from those which they played no part in any of their gripes, the very same gripes their own nations and peoples are guilty of.

If a fair society is the aim, it is not by enforcing entitlement cultures and 'positive discrimination', especially when there are economic constraints and that includes such malpractices as outsourcing to developing nations.

ETA

As Ketsuko mentioned about walking on eggshells, the same thing here in the UK, and when people feel like they are walking on eggshells and under constant pressure from MSM and crazy government directives that are so counterproductive to fairness, it isn't any wonder that people have snapped and there is growing hate for smug entitlement cultures.

An example, how it is perceived when a white person is proud to be white, compared to black people being proud to be black, asian people being proudly asian. There have been too many people hating white people having an identity, a heritage and culture, feeling smug at eroding and mocking it as some kind of ethnic birthright entitlement.

This entire post reads like something you'd find on the white supremacist/nationalism forums here in the US. Thinly veiled hate speech decrying the evils of multiculturalism and the dangers of white purity becoming extinct. This is the same garbage that Roof was reading and digesting before he decided shooting innocents was the only way to save the "endangered" white race.

If white Europeans were on the receiving end of the horrors of colonialism and the trans Atlantic slave trade, maybe you'd have a better understanding of why things are the way they are. These cries of white endangerment and white oppression are so comical. And here I thought the victim mentality was exclusive to the American black community, as conservatives often try to depict.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join