It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, there is a significant difference between comments made as satire as part of a public PERFORMANCE, and the rabid xenophobia which leads to people wiping out a whole mass of people in a church, for example, or blowing up a bus, or randomly shanking someone in the kidneys or decapitating someone.

This is SIMPLE STUFF, it is NOT complicated, and certainly not as complicated as some make out!

I would tend to agree with you, but the society I live in disagrees.

Seriously, you have to walk on eggshells over here in what you say and do.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Though, in the US, it's often argued that minorities (anyone besides caucasian christians, mostly) CAN'T be racist, because they lack the institutional capability to oppress others.
And I'm sure this is going to get some mean responses from others. Go right ahead. But, before those that think that, by saying this I'm racist, bother to respond, kindly find the evidence to prove that particular statement wrong.
Just screaming 'racist' at someone else because you lack the facts to accurately dispute them is intellectual dishonesty, at best. And idiotic herd mentality at worst.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
No, Truebrit, not directed towards you. Just in case there was any question.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It would be a better idea to lock up the sort of people that can't stand people having opinions other than their own regarding race and that expect apologies from everyone that isn't the same ethnicity as their 'right'.

Some cultures are never going to gel, it's a fact of life. It doesn't mean hating each other. It could mean that shoving cultures together and attempts at enforcing a ''how dare you have an opinion other than that which your government wants you to have'', brand of 'multiculturalism' is counterproductive to harmonious societies.

America is not the same as the UK but here and in Europe our heritage as Europeans has been eroded by enforced 'multiculturalism' and immigration. People are naturally uneasy about that. Ethnic white Europeans are potentially predicted as an ethnic minority in Europe within 25 years and the forecast for our ethnicity at current birth rates means potential extinction in a few hundred years.

It also includes religion, Christianity is the basis of our laws, we do not want encroaching laws from other religions.

Meanwhile Africa is topping worldwide birth rates and spreading around Europe.

That doesn't mean hating Africa or Africans but it is a global situation that needs addressing, fast.

We hear so much about endangered animal species and helping people of other nations, it's now time to help our own global ethnic minority of Europeans.

Governments need to look at the bigger picture to prevent white people getting angry at the entitlement cultures and those demanding apologies from those which they played no part in any of their gripes, the very same gripes their own nations and peoples are guilty of.

If a fair society is the aim, it is not by enforcing entitlement cultures and 'positive discrimination', especially when there are economic constraints and that includes such malpractices as outsourcing to developing nations.

ETA

As Ketsuko mentioned about walking on eggshells, the same thing here in the UK, and when people feel like they are walking on eggshells and under constant pressure from MSM and crazy government directives that are so counterproductive to fairness, it isn't any wonder that people have snapped and there is growing hate for smug entitlement cultures.

An example, how it is perceived when a white person is proud to be white, compared to black people being proud to be black, asian people being proudly asian. There have been too many people hating white people having an identity, a heritage and culture, feeling smug at eroding and mocking it as some kind of ethnic birthright entitlement.
edit on 21-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes, I walk on egshells. That's why I wear hard-sole shoes. I will never back down from an idiot that screams insults or accusations because they lack evidence and intelligence.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Yes, I walk on egshells. That's why I wear hard-sole shoes. I will never back down from an idiot that screams insults or accusations because they lack evidence and intelligence.

I'll give you an example of what I mean.

My husband had two union techs foisted off on him to supervise. Over time, the nickname came out that they were [insert name]'s girls. The union techs themselves came up with it, so he started using it. Well, he got a new boss installed. That boss heard the nickname, and took raked him over the coals for it even though he told the guy they had come up with it. He recommended my husband report himself to HR for it.

It wasn't a PC thing. Girls is demeaning.
edit on 21-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Well yes, but the thing now is to remember that it all ALL this racism needs to be addressed, not just legislated against, or paid lip service to, but confronted.

The cancer is indeed exposed, but unless one is prepared to excise it at all costs, the effort in locating it is wasted.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I agree precisely with the post in question anyway pfishy!

A very important point. The mindset which holds that only "white people" can be racist, in and of itself is racist, and held only by racists.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well yes, but the thing now is to remember that it all ALL this racism needs to be addressed, not just legislated against, or paid lip service to, but confronted.

The cancer is indeed exposed, but unless one is prepared to excise it at all costs, the effort in locating it is wasted.

The other problem is that racism, true racism, is a province of the mind. So when you attempt to prove that one is racist, you are really trying to prove how they think, what they feel, based things they do or say.

That's why life gets so crazy. People have figured out that they can bully and intimidate and get their way by pointing at every little action or statement and claiming racism.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Well they can't get away with it, unless those around them are so bloody apathetic that genuine BS becomes genuine policy! And when that happens, you have to figure out if being a part of the society in which it occurs is worth being exposed to that sort of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They do get away with it because life has descended to the classic schoolyard mentality. People would rather be part of the crowd than stick out and stand up. So if people start pointing and shouting, you either give in and go along or you get hammered and hammered hard.

The mean kids are running the schoolyard.

Or the lunatics are running the asylum.

Take your pick. We all think alike now, but we are allowed to look as different as we want.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ah, group think.

Well, time to throw up the hands and get along then! SCREW THAT! Break some damned jaws over it! If it is going to take risking your own ass to make people wake up, then why not do it anyway? A nation run by schoolyard minded morons is not going to be worth living in anyway, so why not? Take a swing, and a risk, and maybe solve the thing!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Kind of interesting you only want to jail those Confederate Flag waving racists. What about other racists? Why not set up a special morality court to judge all citizens who do not fit your specific ideals? Think how perfect our world would be if those renegade citizens were sent to camps for work and reeducation!

A true utopia in the making!

I have to agree with those who've stated that "wars on anything" have only created more of what they were trying to stop.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Exactly...this war on 'racism' will only be on racist whites. You can absolutely bet on that.

Already the word 'racist' is being ingrained into the sheeple to mean 'white folk'.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I am of the opinion that it is the attitude of a person, and not their colour, which dictates whether they are a racist or not, and all of them deserve the same punishment.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I'd have to say, in that case, saying that they were #'s girls, and therefore implying possession/ownership of the opposite sex is the underlying issue at hand. Now, I understand that your husband didn't create this. But as a union boss, you're pretty much obligated to f# the life of a male if you have the opportunity.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When has a war on anything been successful?

All this will do is generate even more hate. What a lousy idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Otherwise, if you're a male yourself, you're almost automatically cast as a 'good old boy'.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Of ALL the ...NO.
Racism can be combated by IGNORING the offended as the whinny idiots they are,when they demand special accomodations NO.
all will be rewarded by their OWN MERITS not some social leg UP if they CAN'T hack it.
OF course THAT would mean better education and an ACTUAL economy to do it as well.
If a law is broken FINE but because SOMEONE feels bad NO.
edit on 21-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

No. Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly must be preserved even if used abhorrently sometimes. The patriot act needs to go not be expanded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join