It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I don't disagree with that, but what happens if you're living in a society of mob rule in which the mob decides your fate? Most of those folks who "just go along with it" when it's from the media are gonna do the same when it's their local leaders identifying who they should target.

Average Americans need to adopt "who gives a crap?" a lot more and get filled with mob rage a lot less. Judge your neighbors based on how they treat YOU, not based on the opinions of third parties.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

the politicians, bankers, and corporate interest want us to be a nation divided.

republican or democrat
religious or secular
color or no color

as long as this nation is divided it will never heal. we can never address real problems like health care, endless war, a failed education system. it's the way they want it. a nation divided can never stand up against the real threat to our liberties.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, I fully agree. I don't think going along to get along is at all a good policy. I'm just clarifying a current problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Truth

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

All. All haters must be hated, ridiculed, vilified, ostracised, made to eat the dirt that comes from their mouths and disgraced. They should be made to suffer the indignity they would inflict on others, have their every tool and methodology applied to them, by the communities they seek to destroy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So when do we get to have that conversation on race that Eric Holder said we were all too cowardly to have?

If we are afraid that someone is going to come along and jail us for something we say because someone else has decided it is racist or at the very least drag us through the court system in an attempt to put us in jail because they deem what we said to have been racist, then we will never have that honest conversation the former Attorney General claimed he wanted.

Such a conversation necessitates speaking about race and necessitates that we speak about it in ways that will make others upset, others of all races, if we spend our time trying to jail everyone who speaks about us in ways we would prefer they not ... then that conversation will never happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I think everyone would be happier if we jailed all the politicians, banksters, elite bloodlines, media moguls and corporate oligarchies first.

You would find that the vast majority of folks would then drop the hate and learn to live in harmony because we would not have crappy bank accounts anymore and there would be no more propaganda telling us who to hate and who to vote for and dynastic bloodlines would be a thing of the past.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But here's the rub. Who's to define the punishment? And who's the arbiter of the depth of their transgression?
Say, for example, a man has a dislike for the particular crowd of another race that gathers at a certain place along the route he walks to work. Maybe they have instigated problems with him in the past, and that brought about the dislike. To me, his dislike of this one certain group of people is justified, regardless of the race of anyone involved in the situation.
But the problem begins when someone else learns of his feelings. It takes only a mildly different point of view to label the man as a racist. Once that ball starts rolling, it rarely stops. Then, pretty much any loud voice in the community of the other race can make any claim they want. Because we are being trained to be a society of victims. We all have to be in a special group, we all have to have been disadvantaged somehow. So, if the man in question is white, he's f*d. Period.
I won't defend racism, ever!
But I won't defend bullying either.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

When I walk down the street, and someone gives me grief, I get angry with that individual and his friends for aggressing against me. I do not get angry with the football club he supports, or the owner of the brand of clothing he wears, or the church to which he belongs, or the racial profile he might fit. Just him, just his idiot mates.

I never associate people who have physical similarity with one another, as having automatically adopted a similar mindset, because I am not a closed minded, jackbooted Fascist piece of effluent. Those who do make that mistake and do so in spite of the obvious fallacy of it, need a kicking till they learn the reality of life well enough that they fail to make that mistake, ever again.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I never said that the man in my scenario felt ire towards anyone but the transgressors. Just that someone else whom he discusses the issue with misinterpreted it and labeled him racist. When there was no actual justification.
You ignored the point of my post entirely, and then said that anyone who tends to hang out more with their own race is a jack booted fascist deserving of violence.
Slow down, brother. Trying to have a conversation here.
edit on 21-6-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Yeah, but the point is ... If that person and his friends are all of a particular group, say Vietnamese, and you decide to talk about your troubles with this group to someone, you will describe them, and you will likely say those Asian guys or something similar. Anyone on the outside who doesn't know you might choose to decide you are prejudiced against Asians unless you happen to be Asian yourself (although then you would likely be able to pick out which region of Asia they came from).

It's the same way so many can disparage particular types of Christian and Muslim and the residents here conclude that you might be prejudiced against everyone in those groups.

So, if you have a problem with certain segments, does that make you racist if you use the descriptive label? Not at all, but to someone who doesn't know better, the danger is the perception that you might be, and in today's hyper-PC world, perception is all that matters in making reality. If we are now going to jail people for someone else's perception of them, that takes us to a VERY dangerous place.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You couldn't be more correct about the dangers of all this.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

My point is that those who misdirect their ire, whether toward persons who have genuine grievances with individuals, or those who cannot separate the individual from a given group in an intellectual fashion, do not deserve protection from the consequences of their bloody minded stupidity, that's all.

You are right, I did gloss your post. But I did not suspect you of any ill intent, nor was it my intention to make you think I suspected anything of the sort. What I am getting at is that asking "what about this specific instance, or that specific instance" is moot. The realities of individual situations are best investigated when the individual situation is being dealt with, not before hand. We cannot seek to work out these bugs in pre-production, because it simply will not work!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And I believe that it is perfectly obvious when someone has a history of disliking people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds to themselves, and that the difference between this, and an individual having a problem with a specific group of individuals is also obvious.

If a society is not intelligent enough on average, to tell these things apart, then it ought to just close up business and try again.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And I believe that it is perfectly obvious when someone has a history of disliking people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds to themselves, and that the difference between this, and an individual having a problem with a specific group of individuals is also obvious.

If a society is not intelligent enough on average, to tell these things apart, then it ought to just close up business and try again.

Well then I think we've gotten to that point. Because anyone who wants to make a remark you make into something it isn't is free to do so, and the PC bully squad will use it to ruin your life - lost job, etc.

You know it's bad when top comedians openly admit they refuse to play colleges anymore because their jokes are accused of being racist/sexist/etc.

But by all means, let's drop the threat of jail into that kind of environment because Seinfeld and Chris Rock need to spend time behind bars for cracking jokes.
edit on 21-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'll never argue that racism doesn't exist, or that it's even remotely justified. But I am actually reference an instance that I personally saw unfold. I know the man in question quite well. He's African American. I've known him more than 20 years. We are close friends. There was a group of Latino youths harassing him almost every day. One day he tried to ignore them and keep walking. One of them knocked him out.
It's not pre-production, my friend. It is a reality. And one that, if ignored, only serves to heighten animosity in the public.
When he explained his issues to a fellow employee, a sheriff's deputy (he was facility maintenance at the local prison), she accused him of prejudice towards the young men in question, and by the time the rumors finished spreading around, he was forced to resign his job. Oh, the deputy he initially spoke to was Latina as well.
And he was not trying to get legal or criminal action against them when he spoke to her. He was just fed up and tired of being bullied. So he vented to someone he thought he could talk to.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Again, there is a significant difference between comments made as satire as part of a public PERFORMANCE, and the rabid xenophobia which leads to people wiping out a whole mass of people in a church, for example, or blowing up a bus, or randomly shanking someone in the kidneys or decapitating someone.

This is SIMPLE STUFF, it is NOT complicated, and certainly not as complicated as some make out!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

And on that point, we couldn't possibly be in better agreement.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Then perhaps the problem cannot be solved! If that is SERIOUSLY what is going on in your country, on a regular basis, if this is not a rare occurrence in your nation, then the nation itself is beyond repair, and I would advise everyone in it who is still capable of rational thought to leave and let the crazy people murder each other over whatever is left.

Perhaps people can go back there when all the idiots have run themselves over, accidentally blown their own legs off, and contracted tetanus by eating nails for breakfast rather than cereal!

If however the Latino lady that your pal vented to wasn't a racist, this would not have happened. It really does come back to racism. Those who accuse others of racism without due cause often do so because of their own bias.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

And we've now peeled back the skin to expose the cancer, haven't we?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join