It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights In The Sky Over Greenwood, Indiana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
a reply to: eisegesis

very peculiar and very interesting
don't think i've seen anything like that before.

I agree. it looked like a solar storm in a cloud.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Since the "beam" did not penetrate from the bottom of the cloud, I immediately thought of sunlight reflected off of a shiny surface. even in summertime clouds of high altitude have ice crystals in them, they are electrically charged and if a field change were to occur the shift would account for the movement of the "beam". I believe we have our most logical answer.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I was camping in Shelbyville IL on that day and I can attest to that particular cloud. It was beautiful!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well... it's a legitimate, odd phenomena... the ice crystals aligned with a shifting magnetic field, creating a mobile sun dog lens, is the most reasonable explanation... but it's a guess... though an educated one.

Really, really neat phenomena, though... and I wouldn't be too surprised if some surprisingly high tech were involved... or an unknown life-form, for that matter.

I will say that one of the other videos posted (in IL maybe?) had a very linear, triangular, dark cloud ... our secret tech guys bending light around their craft? Heh... well, this IS ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Something to note...

The guy who uploaded the video in the OP changed the title.

After getting so many replies saying it wasn't haarp I'm changing the name to, Crown Flash, a Crown Flash is when ice particles get aligned in the same direction from the electromagnetic field created during a thunderstorm. Its usually invisible to the naked eye but the way the sun hits it, it makes it visible to the naked eye kind of like a rainbow.
THANKS, everyone who left a comment. If it wasn't for you I would never have found out what this was.

Another one saved!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ran into this nice little article with many other videos showing this phenomenon!

Linky

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

What the hell was that thing... damn

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I found this website with an explanation from NASA:

apod.nasa.gov...

This hypothesis holds that a lightning discharge in a thundercloud can temporarily change the electric field above the cloud where charged ice crystals were reflecting sunlight. The new electric field quickly re-orients the geometric crystals to a new orientation that reflects sunlight differently. In other words, a lightning discharge can cause a sundog to jump.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoofinterest

I was going to post the wiki on sprites and blue jets, but I think this is a better explanation (namely because the lights aren't exactly blue). I'd never heard of this phenomenon before, and I'm super interested in weird weather. I don't often post here on ATS, but I felt the need to thank you for sharing this info.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
..creating a mobile sun dog lens, is the most reasonable explanation... but it's a guess... though an educated one.

The sun dog lens is visible and this phenomena seems to be dancing in it.
It's like a sheet of ice flapping in the wind.. the flapping causes the light to seemingly jump around
b

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Been watching this site for ages noever bothered to register, but i was just wondering if any of you noticed the blackish thing that moved from the left center screen to the topish right part of the screen? If you slow down the vid to .25 and keep pausing/unpuasing the video at 1:18 exactly its kinda fliez by very fast .
Might be a bird tough but didnt read anything about it in the thread and found it worth mentioning =)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The poll was conducted primarily to discover whether Texans felt Governor Greg Abbott was correct in his actions to send the Texas State Guard to monitor the Jade Helm military exercises in Central Texas, which many are concerned are part of a larger drill for a future domestic military takeover.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ah... just somebody is making sex. Big deal...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join