It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

golf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
seriously i am watching us open and get in hole with every shot is being shouted.where the hell did this start and does anyone else find it as annoying as i do?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

It started a few years back IIRC.

Pretty sure turnys now warn people and subsequently ask them to leave if they are doing it to much.

Watch the woman's world cup instead
edit on thSat, 20 Jun 2015 17:17:05 -0700America/Phoenix620150580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

and get in hole with every shot is being shouted

what?
i dont know if you like it or hate it.
or if you speak english.
but i do find it annoying.
u don,t know if i like it or hate it even tho i said i find it annoying?isn,t that self explanatory? i did send post by accident before i explainded more but as i say i don,t think i really need to update on what i meant.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If they yell it every shot they eventually get it right . Then they can come to ATS and reveal their prediction powers .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Your location is Scotland, born there?

A spokesman for the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, one of the oldest Scottish golf organisations, said "Stick and ball games have been around for many centuries, but golf as we know it today, played over 18 holes, clearly originated in Scotland."

I guess you don't like whisky either?

On Topic:
Nah, I don't get it (golf) either..............

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
sorry, i just noticed youre scottish, i wont mention your language skills again.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRockyeah born and bred,i get golf and like golf but this get in the hole everytime a shot is hit really annoys me. do they think its going to change the trajectory of a shot shouting it?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
sorry, i just noticed youre scottish, i wont mention your language skills again.

thats fine,i won,t mention everything scots have gave to the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Did you not give golf to the world ???? .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Did you not give golf to the world ???? .
golf,penicillin,phone,radar,tv,finger printing,insulin,morphine and i could go on and on.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

do they think its going to change the trajectory of a shot shouting it?

They sure like to try, don't they? But yes, it's annoying (and I'm showing PC restraint here)..... Perhaps if they would experience it at their workplace with a crowd YELLING/Cheering on at everything they do (incl. in the mens/ladies rooms), they would stop.........
But on the other hand..... is there a sport where the crowd doesn't cheer (no, chess isn't a sport)??
Still don't get golf tho' (I'm more of a car racing and team sports kinda guy)...........

edit on 6202015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
While it's fun to think of how ignorant the guy who screams "get in the hole" as Tiger tees off on a 650 yard par 5, I think the fans getting into it is a fun new aspect of the game. I agree it's rude, but I think it will be a good thing for the game. With this new crowd of kids who are amazing, it's about to change a good bit. (IMHO)

This course is friggin BRUTAL! The fairways are slick like a bathtub. Greens are like ice. Glad I am watching and not playing.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Seems like a loud, unforgiving crowd there. Tough conditions, The "get in the hole" thing started in the Tiger era in the ninetees.

top topics

join