It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Right-Wing Terror Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah... while you complain that it's happening to you. It's actually happening to Muslim Americans and Black Americans albeit in a completely different way.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Seriously, nobody will march you to the train, using hitler to sell your point is a very sad thing, plz go talk to holocaust survivors or there families. tell them how you feel, id love to see there reaction to the fantasy world you live in.

I've studied the holocaust and other genocides. I've also studied the Civil War. The type of rhetoric and divisiveness. The sheer hatred of another person for no other reason than that they dare to hold opinions counter to your own, and the move to dehumanize people who are that way by calling them derisive names is all very consistent with the run up to such events.

So I am asking ... How far do you intend to go?
edit on 20-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Would anyone care to address my rants:

Rant A - what up with ATS taking down the original thread?

Rant B - the incoherent response to the referenced New York times OPED by the right 'noise' machine.

Any one got a coherent argument presenting contradictory facts to those presented in the article?

Or just more incoherent drivel.

To be completely blunt, your OP kind of lost me. It was a small novel, and I couldn't keep up with who was saying what about what and when. At one point I couldn't even tell if you were coming at it from a right slant or left slant.

A) I thought that was verboten. Ask a mod?

B) if it's an op-ed, who knows? If it was a right leaning mouthpiece then there's no great mystery. Standard hyperbole. If it was a right wingnut, an even stronger "who knows?"

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yeah... while you complain that it's happening to you. It's actually happening to Muslim Americans and Black Americans albeit in a completely different way.

Now wait a second ... Isn't this threat all about how the biggest threat is actually from right wing extremists? How can that be if the real danger is to Muslims and black Americans?

That seems to be a heaping helping of cognitive dissonance in there somewhere.

link   

Well shame on you for spouting garbage about people coming and drag you and your family on a train to a death camp, i still stand by what i said, go tell your story to a survivor, im sure he going to be on your side right.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I was talking about the persecution...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I am truly sorry you were confused, so was I regarding the responses to the OpEd, hence Rant B.

My error, one that I often make, is to overestimate my audience.

I started the piece with a simple two sentence exposition (labeled A & B) describing what I was ranting about - the rest was examples of my ire.

I didn't expect much in the way of response to the subject(s) of my rant. I only expected the usual plant life to respond to the Title. I do thank you for actually understand the rant.

It doesn't matter whether people choose to believe the factual parts of the OpEd or not - but I think it's important that responses should include support for such. The blog entry I used did attempt to use sources but so confused and abused them (probally assuming no one would check) as to make the content (to be kind) incomphrehensible. I recommend reading it - it was a real eye openner for me.

Is that blog truly representative of what 'liberty or death' people read? Or is it truly Fox news that is the only source o

Many times, I've asked for good right of center site recommendations from the membership. And have yet to receive one that isn't clearly a front for capitalist interests. The Nation magizine (celebrating 150 years of publication this summer) used to regularly host conservative thinkers. Moderates made this country - not extremists of any variety.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I was talking about the persecution...

In these days and times. it's happening to different people in different ways.

In case you haven't noticed, we live in the era of the thought police. Say the wrong thing, in the wrong place and you can lose your job. Heck, you don't even have to say anything. Give money in the wrong place and you can lose your job. That applies across color lines racially.

Just step outside the PC-approved line and you'll be persecuted.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Right wing terrorism is the biggest threat we face from terrorism though.

PEOPLE as a whole are the threat we face

Right, Left, Center....it doesn't matter
Here at home or abroad

I have never understood the "labeling" that people insist on doing when it comes to this crap
All it does is keep everyone divided, when we all need to stand together against any kind of terrorism, domestic or foreign

Dems holler about "right wingers"
Rep holler about "left wingers"

On and on and on.......sigh
Never ending story

Both sides thinks they are correct and the other is wrong

You guys can banter all you want back and forth with this political BS

Bottom line..."Man" will do what the hell he wants to regardless of being Dem/Rep/black/white/rich/poor/Christian/Muslim

Kinda silly saying it only applies to people who are "right wingers"....yea right, talk about narrow minded

It can be ANYBODY
It's not 'limited to' a certain group of people, just because one does not agree with their views

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Of course, I find all this particularly disgusting given the way the left has been raving about how, now that we have the black president, the right will never stand for it and we will have wide-spread militia revolts and those crazy right-wing nutters will start attacking everyone right and left, there were SWAT teams sent to protests and other things. Homeland Security has spent more time worrying about people who drive around with Gadsden bumper stickers than almost anyone else.

And this has gone on since Obama was inaugurated, and you finally have one deranged racist to show for it six years later.

But we are the most dangerous thing to this country since Ebola.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Of course, I find all this particularly disgusting given the way the left has been raving about how, now that we have the black president, the right will never stand for it and we will have wide-spread militia revolts and those crazy right-wing nutters will start attacking everyone right and left, there were SWAT teams sent to protests and other things. Homeland Security has spent more time worrying about people who drive around with Gadsden bumper stickers than almost anyone else.

And this has gone on since Obama was inaugurated, and you finally have one deranged racist to show for it six years later.

But we are the most dangerous thing to this country since Ebola.

And Ebola turned out to be another boogy man.

Those pesty lefty Mexican Islamic Terrorists with Ebola crossing the southern border.

Can you even define what left thinkers want without clichés or soundbites? Or is it just another convenient boogy man to blame your troubles on.

edit on 22-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join