It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS & Cosmic Pareidolia? Share any MARS or Cosmic related images...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

In this image above it seems like the mineral grade horizontal lines are "interrupted" by some interruption

What lines?

Inside that red hexagon I see vertical lines and horizontal lines, each on its own rock.

Can anyone logically explain why when looking at the stone object starting from the left going right, it seems to have the mineral vertical grade lines as it gets closer to where the yellow arrow is altered or "interrupted"

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Also the lower yellow arrow is pointing to what seems to be a shadow as if the interruption is floating? near "something-structure?" the shadow or the "something", Pareidolia, perhaps?

I wouldn't call that pareidolia, I think it's just interpreting the shaded face of a small rock as a shadow from another rock, something that happens frequently when looking at areas of the photos that do not have enough resolution for us to clearly see the edges of the rocks (or whatever) on the photo.

Seeing a dark area doesn't mean that it's a shadow, as it can be something that is not getting direct light or something that only has a dark colour, in the same way that seeing something that looks brighter doesn't mean it's a light or some reflective material like metal, it only means that it's brighter than the rest.

That's why I always try to look for other photos of the same area, as most of the times, another photo of the same area shows things slightly different, either from having been taken at a different time, with different light conditions or having been taken from a slightly different position or from a different camera (that's one of the reasons the Mars rovers have twin cameras, although the difference in lens from the MastCams on Curiosity makes it difficult to get a 3D idea from those photos, as the photos from the left camera (if I'm not mistaken) are approximately 1/3 of the size of the photos from the right camera.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Somebody want to enlighten me as to what they think they see with all the markings on the images in the OP? I've been looking at them for almost 10 minutes, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why any of the marked areas are marked.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks ArMaP, atleast 1 is not seeing the hot pixels
seen here

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: Char-Lee

Where did you find your "sea life"
a link please

looks really interesting

The link is buried in the Mars anomaly thread 2014 I only kept the photo.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

MARS & Cosmic Pareidolia, seems to be an issue for some...

thankfully 'some' only constitutes a very, very small minority!

Agreed

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Very interesting MARS rocks... One of "them" resemble the first image in gortex post

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Did you have a link for the op pictures?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

The lower right corner from "b"

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a reply to: MarsIsRed

The lower right corner from "b"

Nope - they're both identical!